What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gareth67

First Grade
The more I think of all the Ben Hunt dramas, the more I believe it’s been one massive long term fraudulent HUSTLE.

He knew Griffin was out when he signed his 900k p/a 2yr extension, but he happily accepted the extremely generous money. (The Hustle starts)

Since Griffin was hooked, he has derided the club and is seeking release, but never forgoing his 1.8 million.

If he had any integrity, he would back his statements and would negotiate a mutual contract termination. He is free and Dragons remove his contract from salary cap.

Since the NRL probe into Bronco’s, the problem for Bunt is, he will surely forgo a hefty proportion of his current contract should he go to one of his beloved QLD teams as a free agent.

Well – we can’t have that – can we Ben? It’s obvious that $$$ outweighs integrity.

He’s now playing the long game, it will be a very long game, but I can’t see the Northern clubs coming to his rescue at his current contract rate.

He just ain’t worth the coin and till sorted, he is going to damage the team dynamic. He must go and the sooner the better.
Now don’t sink those nasty fangs of yours too deep into little Benny , Dracula . Don’t forget he did offer to pay the Dragons a whopping $150 k to prove just how decent a man he is ! 🧛‍♂️

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Technically we can’t approach any 2025 player options until post November 1 this year..That is when the bargaining power of the hunt salary can be used to help accelerate and agree a year early release/player swap for 2024 season.
There are no real options unsigned for next year so the above will have to be the approach.
We are gonna have to be patient until November for the real quality movements to come to life.

Flanagan declares Hunt will take Dragons to the finals.

You are deluded Mr Flanagan as Hunt has failed to do that in six seasons as a younger, fitter and hungrier man.
HE DOES NOT POSSESS THE REQUIRED BALL SKILLS. THIS CLUBS MOST LOYAL SUPPORTERS DONT WANT HIM AS CAPTAIN.
Hope you read LU Mr Flanagan.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal

Yes​

Votes: 92.45%

No​

Votes: 4.8%​

Also take a squizz at this Mr Flanagan. Overwhelming support for your boy to be booted before the season starts.

Much of the talk in the room before the formalities began centred around the actions of skipper Ben Hunt. Flanagan danced around the issue when host Lara Pitt asked him about the future of the No.7, who has repeatedly stated his desire to leave the club to return home to Queensland.
But when questions were opened to the floor, a potential sponsor didn’t hold back with his views on the matter.

The prospective Dragons commercial partner said he would rather the coach give an opportunity to a young player who cared about the club than continue to support Hunt.
Flanagan’s forthright response – which this masthead has chosen not to publish to respect the confidentiality requested by the club for access to the inner sanctum – highlighted to those in the room why the Dragons have placed so much faith in him to bring success back to the club.

It’s nothing Flanagan wouldn’t have said to Hunt himself.

This is why I posted earlier just " let Flanno do his thing "...I will leave it at that.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Nice work by Ben Hunt to set up a try for Aust.
We have to keep Ben - we don't have a halfback - Sullivan can't tackle so was not an option.
However, i would like Ben to take a leaf out of Scott Pendlebury's (legend) book and relinquish the captaincy.
Flanno should use the captaincy bait to lure an experienced leader to the Dragons.

56to66

Juniors
I just watched the WWF hand the Donkeys a free pass into the GF, the refereeing was absolutely disgusting.
There is no doubt the Donkeys pushed hard for B Sook, it seems they can do whatever they want, just like the Rorters in Sydney.
The Donkeys and the Rorters are from the same cloth.
I don't care about B Sook, its about principles, the Dragons must hold firm and not let him leave, he can play NSW Cup!

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
Nice work by Ben Hunt to set up a try for Aust.
We have to keep Ben - we don't have a halfback - Sullivan can't tackle so was not an option.
However, i would like Ben to take a leaf out of Scott Pendlebury's (legend) book and relinquish the captaincy.
Flanno should use the captaincy bait to lure an experienced leader to the Dragons.

Sullivan is a better defender than Hunt or Amone so........

You watch the PM match @Illusion. I missed most of it but will take a squizz at the replay when it comes on NRL website. Stats showed that Zac Lomax ran most metres for the Aussies so must have been given better service than he gets at the Dragons, Mike Molo made most metres after big Tino, tho no forward reached 100m while Sloan seems to have given a decent account of himself.

Latest posts