What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

56to66

Juniors
So Hunt would rather play under the professor than his mate next door neighbour , Flanno ....... If I was Flanno Id stick him in at 9 rotating with Liddle ........
Money is tight for Benny the Banker, I feel sorry for him, the professor will help him out with back ended contracts until he's 50.
These footballers seriously have no Idea how the average punter survives on 50-70k a year,
creeping wanted to set up something for players after retirement, beggers belief.

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Money is tight for Benny the Banker, I feel sorry for him, the professor will help him out with back ended contracts until he's 50.
These footballers seriously have no Idea how the average punter survives on 50-70k a year,
creeping wanted to set up something for players after retirement, beggers belief.
Mate after all this Benny stuff , I for one dont want him anywhere near the place , never mind captain , playing with him as a player ( if it was me and he had a go at me on the field ) well I can tell you I wouldn't be taking his crap ...... So now its up to the players to see how they respond under him .......

56to66

Juniors
Mate after all this Benny stuff , I for one dont want him anywhere near the place , never mind captain , playing with him as a player ( if it was me and he had a go at me on the field ) well I can tell you I wouldn't be taking his crap ...... So now its up to the players to see how they respond under him .......
I agree, but like he used the Dragons for money, they need to reciprocate the favour.

Dragons4me

Juniors
The wheeling and dealing that goes on is amazing. Player contracts no longer mean anything and it works both ways. Well managed clubs find a way to move players on. Sometimes amicably, sometimes not. This is why the NRL have little chance of policing their policy. The only loyalty in the game is with the fans. Not sure if it's for the betterment of the game or not.

qld redvee

Juniors
I agree 100%.....for what I saw of origin when he was on he did sfa to be honest.....put it this way if Griffin was still about Id bet he would play
Blood shot, first stint he passed from dummy half and a few kicks yet after match it was how hunt and grant took control and steered them around the park
.I hate it when players are elevated to such lofty heights wen un warranted

jay mac

Juniors
Bit of a twist in the Holbrook sacking with Big Mal saying he was blindsided by it and "I don’t envisage being part of the club moving forward". If true, I wonder how Hunt feels about the Titans front office being such a basket case, considering Meninga would undoubtedly have had some strong influence over Hunt's mooted move to the GC. I'll also wait with bated breath on James Hooper's commentary around same.

Last edited:

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Fermor has resigned for 2 years and returning from ax ACL injury.
Toby Sexton is the half the Titans are looking at getting rid of.

They're all under contract, it would have to be for contracted players to match up on salary. I wouldn't do it for Sexton, him and sully would effectively play the same role & he's unproven. Need legit starting 13 players in exchange for any hunt release.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Bit of a twist in the Holbrook sacking with Big Mal saying he was blindsided by it and "I don’t envisage being part of the club moving forward". If true, I wonder how Hunt feels about the Titans front office being such a basket case, considering Meninga would undoubtedly have had some strong influence over Hunt's mooted move to the GC. I'll also wait with bated breath on James Hooper's commentary around same.
Sounds like misdirection to me

dannyt

Coach
Bit of a twist in the Holbrook sacking with Big Mal saying he was blindsided by it and "I don’t envisage being part of the club moving forward". If true, I wonder how Hunt feels about the Titans front office being such a basket case, considering Meninga would undoubtedly have had some strong influence over Hunt's mooted move to the GC. I'll also wait with baited breath on James Hooper's commentary around same.
Sorry, I'm not waiting with baited breath for anything hoops-the-wit has to say.

qld redvee

Juniors
just read an aricle about benny ( courier mail i think ) in it he says he talked to Ryan carr on monday who asked him if he would be playing friday - benny said sure . then during article he states doesnt know where the bit about not coming back to saints came from as he would never do that to his team mates - HELLO benny this is what an immediate release means ... Says its culmination of a lot of things he signed as was told players would be coming ( we are all still waiting ) ,, once again benny if your mate hook didnt want what was being offered by the club is it clubs fault And he wants to go back to queensland for all the family. If he isnt captain thats okay he will just do the right thing but hopes saints understand why he wants out .. Also mentions the $900 thous offer by titans ( once again proof of illegal shenanigans) I reckon manager and benny have realised they have been caught out and there will be a lot of shredding and call and email deletions happening so that look squeaky clean
lets wait for flanno to ring des and start the negotiations

Exsilium

First Grade
Given the Dragons are nowhere near finals footy, do you release him now and give the club a better chance to secure talent for next year?