What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt haters, where are they now?

Charlie124

First Grade
cutie hater right here :nwave:

nothing has changed. No matter how many games he plays for Australia or how long he has been here, the fact still remains that he should be playing for NZ

lockyno1

Post Whore
Charlie124 said:
nothing has changed. No matter how many games he plays for Australia or how long he has been here, the fact still remains that he should be playing for NZ

Why? He considers himself Australian!

Charlie124

First Grade
Oh well if all it takes for something to become reality is for you to "consider it" then i consider myself a millionaire.......

thats strange, im still not.

JW

Coach
Charlie124 said:
No matter how many games he plays for Australia or how long he has been here, the fact still remains that he should be playing for NZ

...Because Charlie says so.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Oh im still here.

How many trys has Hunt saved in hes professional career? Cant recall one. Thats why i will never rate him until he can tackle.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
To slow to get there to make the tackle, but can tackle.

That said I do rate the boy, just not as fullback.

Mr Saab

Referee
Watch the 2006 GF again and watch how he came in and "jammed" the Storm outside backs. Hunts defense is not as bad as you might think.

aqua_duck

Coach
Holla if ya hear me said:
Minichello who?..he could NEVER tacle to save his life anyways.Hunt will be our aussie fullback for a while and rightly so
If Hunt is a better defender than Minicheillo than I'll walk down oxford st nude. Where was his great defence on the soliola try?
I think he still needs to prove himself, he's a smart player but I think he's got limited potential compared to say greg Inglis. He's courageous and a clever player but he's not that great an athlete and he hasn't really done alot off his own back without Lockyer holding his hand. He also needs to get rid of that sidestep all together, he hasn't beaten anyone with it for about 3 seasons and it hinders his running game

Big Pete said:
Furry he was born in NZ mate. :p

But yeah agreed on the other points. Hunt never ever said he was going to be a Kiwi did he? If so then I don't know what you guys are having a cry over? Especially since you have Webb a former QLDer and Fien who actually played for his State ffs!

the thing is hunt never shut the gateon him not playing for the kiwis, with comments like if they approach me i will think about it! etc.

would webb and fien ever play for aussie. hunt would be in the kiwis. trade you!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
aqua_duck said:
If Hunt is a better defender than Minicheillo than I'll walk down oxford st nude. Where was his great defence on the soliola try?
I think he still needs to prove himself, he's a smart player but I think he's got limited potential compared to say greg Inglis. He's courageous and a clever player but he's not that great an athlete and he hasn't really done alot off his own back without Lockyer holding his hand. He also needs to get rid of that sidestep all together, he hasn't beaten anyone with it for about 3 seasons and it hinders his running game

Dunno why people think mini cant defend, he's a great defender. Mini and Hunt are two very diff fullbacks, it'll be interesting to see how mini recovers from his abck prob and if he can get abck to where he used to be. Either way I think he needs toe arn his jumper back.

as for hunts sidestep, i've never seen him beat anyone with it. in fact i've seen him use it and get bundled into touch or the in-goal area several times

I see inglis in the halves or centres in the future as well

NZ Warrior

First Grade
ozbash said:
Piccle, you thoughtful little toe rag,,, you thought of me :lol:

FYI i dont agree with fein or webb playing for the kiwis, but they wernt good enough to play for aussie,,, what on earth were they to do ?

A veteran of the NRL ? he hasnt been on his knees in front of uncle wayne that long has he ? who gives a rats what levels he has reached, uncle wayne likes him cos he has a flat head...

You should call your whackers society the Piccles Hunt Appreciation Group or P.H.A.G for short,,, i nominate you as president and chief P.H.A.G

I'm gonna put this one on the stock market, because it looks like GOLD to me.

Sensational effort there, O.B.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
It's quite interesting to see the haters brand and bash Hunt while he just continues to play good football. He cops the big hits, the cheap shots, and just gets back up to face it all again. He will run the ball back from a kick with the same ferocity everytime and is genuinely unafraid of the defenders. He copped a monstrous shoulder from Wiki on Sat night and still got up straight away to play the ball. And he does all this without a trace of arrogance, niggle or over-confidence.

It's quite ironic too that the Kiwi's have players like Webb and Fien, but are not as outraged because those players aren't even in the same league as Hunt in performance and skill. How does that reflect on those players if they have decided that, as they don't have a chance of making the Aussie side, they go for second best? Poorly IMO.

Personally, I've met this young man and have spoken with him a few times and can honestly say, I have not seen a more grounded, polite and friendly individual in the game.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Frank_Grimes said:
It's quite interesting to see the haters brand and bash Hunt while he just continues to play good football. He cops the big hits, the cheap shots, and just gets back up to face it all again. He will run the ball back from a kick with the same ferocity everytime and is genuinely unafraid of the defenders. He copped a monstrous shoulder from Wiki on Sat night and still got up straight away to play the ball. And he does all this without a trace of arrogance, niggle or over-confidence.

It's quite ironic too that the Kiwi's have players like Webb and Fien, but are not as outraged because those players aren't even in the same league as Hunt in performance and skill. How does that reflect on those players if they have decided that, as they don't have a chance of making the Aussie side, they go for second best? Poorly IMO.

Personally, I've met this young man and have spoken with him a few times and can honestly say, I have not seen a more grounded, polite and friendly individual in the game.

I'll give him credit, he's one tough son of a bitch. But he's still a f**k face.

Kiwishark

Juniors
FTR, Hunt was named in the Kiwi side. When the Kiwis named their side a few years back, and sent the press release out, they had K Hunt playing fullback, but it was crossed out and had someone else beside it.

We can only develop conspiracy theories as to what happened...

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't think ayone is doubting his toughness, i stopped doubting that after he got up after getting polaxed by francis meli. I just doubt how much improvement he potentially has.

Nullajet

Juniors
I didnt think he deserved the fullback spot and still think his defence is ordinary....but have been thoroughly impressed and made to eat my words based on his form in the last 2 tests....gutsy player and considering his age defence will improve....

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Karmichael Hunt actually did tell the media his allegiance would be to NZ should he get picked- it was made to Rugby League Week when they did a story of young kiwi guns (rookies) ready to explode on to the scene - including SBW and Benji.
He said something like 'I have to play for NZ or else my mum will kill me'.

I do hate him (to a degree) for not playing for NZ, especially after I intially thought he was ours, but I think I hate aussie administators just as much.

There no doubt that like Kaufusi he was pressured to a degree to place his allegance to Oz and especially QLD.
And like Kaufusi (who upon getting selected for OZ sed it woz his dream to play for QLD and NOT OZ (wot dumb ass) he actually had ambitions to play for his state.

It right for him to have strong allegiance towards the region/state where he lives, especially in this day N age, where people have a strong regional connection (think East Coast Vs West Coast rap wars ,and Tupac was born in the east bt repped for the West). He cant relate to QLD not the australia particularly in a Historical connection.

They need to change eligibilty rules for State of Origin or else theres going to be players who dont really wont't to be playing for the Kangaroos. And with all the maori and polynesian boys coming through are they really going to consider themselves aussies.

Latest posts