What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt haters, where are they now?

kay

Juniors
aids said:
maybe, but bowens form prior to the anzac est was much better than hunts.
and should have been picked

iirc, the weekend before selections, ricky stuart's roosters bombed the life out of bowen who was shaky which led to hunt being brought in when bowen was promised the job of 18th man previously or something.

salivor

First Grade
This is a man who thinks Bush Orchestrated 9/11, when you regain your sanity feel free to join us Ozbash, until then continue to enjoy the exploits of Webb and Fein you farkin hypocrit.

aids

Bench
kay said:
iirc, the weekend before selections, ricky stuart's roosters bombed the life out of bowen who was shaky which led to hunt being brought in when bowen was promised the job of 18th man previously or something.

point conceded, however hunt has had a more bad moments under the bomb than bowen.
espically at that point.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
In fairness, Ozbash has always been against Webb and Fien playing for the Kiwis.

I think some people should do some research before they start preaching, from their high horses.

lionheart008

Juniors
Read a few posts in this thread...replying to that.

I would have no objection if New Zealand born players grew up in QLD/NSW and were eligible to play for both State of Origin and International for NZ.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
aids said:
point conceded, however hunt has had a more bad moments under the bomb than bowen.
espically at that point.

Hunt was selected for the ANZAC test on the back of his strong kick return. The team needed a fullback who would actually run the ball back on return and not just pass off to his winger before any defenders got near. Your point about Hunt having more bad moments under the bomb is also false. Anyone who witnessed Saturday night's test match would know that. Even around the ANZAC test Hunt was clearly a better defender under the bomb.

And I think you'll find that Hunt and Hodges shared the fullback position in an alternating role for the Broncos. He may have been named at No 5 but he sure as hell didn't play a lot of footy there.

Mr Saab

Referee
aids said:
espically at that point.

Up to that point of the season i can only recall him dropping one bomb and that was vs the Dragons at Win stadium that resulted in a try.
Apart from that he has been faultless and fearless.
"Not bad" for a 19 yr old wouldnt you say.

aids

Bench
not bad, but there were more deserving players.
my main point however is still the fact that hunt is a little dog and i hate the idea of another brisbane kiwi in the green and gold.
as much as a few kiwi's here hate the idea of aussies in the black and white.

you don't have a problem with it fine, but your bias would counter most rational thought on the subject.
i wouldn't like it if benchi made the swap, played for NSW and australia.
he had pride and honor and made the right choice, in my opinion.

Mr Saab

Referee
"benchi" can do what he likes, just like what K can.
More deserving players?
Like whom?
Your 80kg ragdoll Hodgson was injured at the time.
Minichiello was gone
Wesser? i dont think so
Patten? I dont think so
Bowen? Couldnt catch a bomb even if it meant 24 hrs with Jessica Alba
Who else is there?
Slater? Suspended, and would not have got the gig anyway
Schifcofske? In form, but he never gets picked.
Stewart? Meh, maybe, but he didnt get picked....and Manly Bozo Fulton is a selector

I think that jus tabout "covers" your "deserving" players for the Anzac test.
Hunt has played well in every rep game and he has proven the selectors right.

My bias? The fact that you dislike Bronco Kiwis clouds yours

aids

Bench
Mr Saab said:
"benchi" can do what he likes, just like what K can.
More deserving players?
Like whom?
Your 80kg ragdoll Hodgson was injured at the time.
Minichiello was gone
Wesser? i dont think so
Patten? I dont think so
Bowen? Couldnt catch a bomb even if it meant 24 hrs with Jessica Alba
Who else is there?
Slater? Suspended, and would not have got the gig anyway
Schifcofske? In form, but he never gets picked.
Stewart? Meh, maybe, but he didnt get picked....and Manly Bozo Fulton is a selector

I think that jus tabout "covers" your "deserving" players.
Hunt has played well in every rep game and he has proven the selectors right.

at this point i would like to mention that you are attacking a point i've already conceded.
and i have already said Bowen should have been picked ahead of him.
and as someone mentioned above, that ricky didn't think much of bowen under the highball.
however in my opinion hunt is just as poor if not poorer under a bomb than Bowen.

Patten, Stewart and Shcif are all australian players i would have liked to have seen selected above a kiwi turncoat like hunt.

and if i remember his mother couldn't even watch the game becuase she was back home in a remote area of new zealand that wasn't getting the broadcast.
i'm not too good with irony, but i think that example would come close.

Mr Saab

Referee
Conceeded?
WTF?
You say you conceed on that point regarding more deserving players and then go on about it again??????????
Hunt poor under the highball? Have you actually watched any of his games?
He has dropped one bomb as i stated and that was vs the Dragons at WIn stadium.
Apart from that he has been faultless. He attacks the ball and doesnt let it bounce like "some".
Open your eyes and take off the "Bronco hatred glasses"...it might clear some things up for you.

aids

Bench
uncle wayne didn't like turncoat at fullback either, which is why he was on the wing in grandfinal
remember?
in fact i've seen turncoat leave clangers uncontested rather than make a play at it.
and i'm sure a few people hear would back me up.

you keep bringing it up
and missing key points in my argument.
the main one being, hunt is a kiwi and should be playing in the black and white not green and gold.
the only other players i can think who are in similar situations are Thorn and Carroll, both representing NZ as well as Australia, both are bronco's.
no hatred, just pointing out an observation.

i'm not being biased, however i believe you are.

Mr Saab

Referee
"Uncle Wayne" had both Hunt and Hodges playing fullback in the GF. Watch it again, you might learn something.

Thorn never played for NZ in League.
As for TC playing for NZ...this has been done a bazillion times in terms of explanation.
In 2000 the ARL allowed players NOT picked for Australia to represent other nations in the World Cup and it WOULD NOT affect their future chances in terms of representing Australia down the track...

Players like Lote for Fiji
Ricketson for Ireland
Mason for Tonga
TC for NZ

There are others, but you get the idea. Down the track, these players i mentioned also represented Australia in league.
TC in 1998/9/2000 played for QLD in origin and made his intentions clear that he was an "Australian". The ARL gave special dispensation to these players in order to "strengthen" other nations for the world cup. It was a pointless and futile idea in hindsight. So go and blame the ARL for that one.

As for Hunt, if he is soooooooooo average at fullback under the highball then how did the Broncos win the comp? You dont win comps with avg fullbacks. Hodges might have worn the # 1, but Hunt was fullback for most of the game.
Did you see Hodges vs the Dragons in the semi? He was made to look like Chris Quinn with his effectiveness. Hunt is the Broncos fullback and will be for season 2007. Just like Ennis will be the Hooker for season 2007.
Bennett experiemented and it came up trumps, but bennett said himself that Berrigan could only play at hooker for 7 weeks or so before being found out.
Brisbane won the comp..end of story.

aids

Bench
Hodges was fullback for the whole final series
Hunt was fullback when he wasn't injured during the form slump at the end of the year.
Hodges was one of the main reasons you guys won the comp, not Hunt

and Hunt is so kiwi that he was seen after the grandfinal drinking a bottle of L and P and swapping bro town dvd's with Tame Tupou.

Hunt is a kiwi, doesn't matter how you sugar coat it.
and he shouldn't be in the aussie jersey.

Born, Bred and Family all New Zealand
he should have shown some pride in himself but he didn't.
so why should i?

Mr Saab

Referee
You are blinded by the numbers on the back of the jerseys.
You know nothing about the Broncos.
Stick to "benchi" and the tiger cubs.

aids

Bench
on a side note:
i'm sure you've got the dvd of the GF
upload some footage of hunt playing fullback in that game, then i'll agree or disagree with you.

on the main argument: hunt's a Kiwi, and shouldn't be in an aussie jersey.
it's as simple as that.

hutch

First Grade
aids said:
on the main argument: hunt's a Kiwi, and shouldn't be in an aussie jersey.
it's as simple as that.

and what junior team did he play for in nz? oh thats right! he has every right to be in an aussie jersey.

aids

Bench
hell sign up Lomu now, his first game of league will be in QLD so he can play in the world cup in a green and gold jersey.

hutch

First Grade
aids said:
hell sign up Lomu now, his first game of league will be in QLD so he can play in the world cup in a green and gold jersey.

actually lomu played rugby league as a junior in auckland

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
aids you can cry and whinge all you want... Hunt is not going to change to representing kiwis... If he can take all the critizism off the field and all the physical attention on field and handle it without whinging, it proves he wants to represent australia and that his heart lies with australia...

so you can ball your eyes out and hate hunt for all you like, but you won't achieve anything by doing it. just get over it.

Latest posts