What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt - How many weeks?

How many weeks for Hunt?

• Total voters

salivor

First Grade
Big Pete said:
I hope they use a new precedent THIS season. That way it gives the judiciary and fans a like a better understanding of the system.

I'm not sure I get your point. Not following the Ryan precedent set last season would mean sitting Hunt on the sidelines.

Big Pete

Referee
Sal, the point I'm making is only general. I think if common sense comes into practice, Hunt should be able to get off with minimal charges applied.

Cloud9

K.hunt should receive 2 weeks. I always knew he was a cat, and that hit on Anasta just confirmed it. It was one of the most reckless, premeditated acts i've seen to date. He knew Anasta was falling 5 m away, he had time to stop his momentum but instead decided to brace himself and raise his left elbow inorder to decapitate Zoolander.

Disgraceful.

Mr Saab

Referee
Cloud9 said:
K.hunt should receive 2 weeks. I always knew he was a cat, and that hit on Anasta just confirmed it. It was one of the most reckless, premeditated acts i've seen to date. He knew Anasta was falling 5 m away, he had time to stop his momentum but instead decided to brace himself and raise his left elbow inorder to decapitate Zoolander.

Disgraceful.

I hope that is sarcasm, cause if it aint....you are f**king idiot

Mr Saab

Referee
Cloud9 said:
I'm fairdinkum mate. The cutie deserves 6 weeks atleast.

Well, you are f**kwit....
Hunt is a cat, because Anasata tripped and fell into his shoulder??
Oooooooooooooooook....i like your thinking :roll:
You still bitter over 2006 or something?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
He should get 2 weeks at an absolute maximum. Never at any stage did his elbow come into contact with Anasta's face. In saying that, you can't make contact with a players head whether its careless, reckless or intentional and escape punishment.

gurudave

Juniors
Was a fantastic hit and obviously no suspension should or will be handed down. When you have the guy who copped it and the coach saying there was nothing wrong with it, one has to wonder why he has to even front up. After this weekend's refereeing it's icing on the cake.

Red Bear

Referee
i think it was careless, he wasnt looking when he did the hit. Sure, he didnt mean to break his nose but he did, because of a careless shoulder charge

Rovelli

Bench
LOL, when I heard the ABC commentary, he made it seem like the tackle was f**k awful. He said Hunt should've been sent off...

Looking at the replay, it wasn't that bad.

I think Hunt will get suspended, but it won't be a big suspension.

_Johnsy

Referee
Danish said:
Just answer the question johnsy.

Is Hunt's contact with Anasta's head deemed not to be careless, reckless, or intentional due to the fact that Anasta slipped??

Anasta slipping has no effect on the carelessness, recklessness, or intent of the tackle.

Danish

Referee
_Johnsy said:
Anasta slipping has no effect on the carelessness, recklessness, or intent of the tackle.

:lol:

And why is that Johnsy?? Because you don't think that he would have hit him high without Anasta slipping, right??

miccle

Bench
F-1-11 said:
News Limited and the Broncos= zero weeks

:lol:

The Broncos have successfully downgraded ONE charge at the judiciary in 21 years of existence.

No. f**king. Idea...

Jimmy

Juniors
miccle said:
Funny how 99% of Roosters fans are straight out saying that it was an unfortunate accident, and its only merkins like yourself who wait for any opportunity to jump on the Broncos and death-ride them.

On the issue of Razor complaining about people crying and whinging? :lol:

"Hey Pot, it's the Kettle, you are so, so, so, so, so, so black!"[/quote

I'm a Rooster fan and I can assure you that 99% of the fans on the Rooster's forum do not share the views of the those saying kind words about Hunt's hit on Anasta on this site.

Our coach and the victim were reported as saying they had no problem with the hit. Anasta then is said to have remarked " He did not miss me. "

There were a number of commentators who declared it a brutal tackle and Hunt should have been sent off.

Don't shoot me. I'm only the messenger.

miccle

Bench
Jimmy said:
miccle said:
Funny how 99% of Roosters fans are straight out saying that it was an unfortunate accident, and its only merkins like yourself who wait for any opportunity to jump on the Broncos and death-ride them.

On the issue of Razor complaining about people crying and whinging? :lol:

"Hey Pot, it's the Kettle, you are so, so, so, so, so, so black!"[/quote

I'm a Rooster fan and I can assure you that 99% of the fans on the Rooster's forum do not share the views of the those saying kind words about Hunt's hit on Anasta on this site.

Our coach and the victim were reported as saying they had no problem with the hit. Anasta then is said to have remarked " He did not miss me. "

There were a number of commentators who declared it a brutal tackle and Hunt should have been sent off.

Don't shoot me. I'm only the messenger.

No worries at all mate, people are entitled to their opinion. I was referring to the fans on this site, however, as there has been very few outraged by the incident... haven't travelled to the roosters forum elsewhere to examine it further.

ozzie

Bench
I think and voted for 3-5 weeks but for only one reason. The judicary have to set an example this year. A tackle gone wrong but, I think, the word deliberate can't be used but it won't matter. If I was really mean - Id send him to a blackboard and write I shouldn't use my shoulder and forearm in a tackle 200 hundred times. Should be 1 week at the most but again the judiciary will want to be seen doing there job and justify their existance that's why I went for 3-5 weeks. We can fight forever over it but we can't change their mind

Latest posts