What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt pleading for time

BLM01

First Grade
Once he is eligible to play first grade, I thind that Wishart will jump the que to be our long term hooker. Like with many of our youngsters, he will need to improve his defence first.
You will be waiting for a while.
Eligible or not he’s not ready for 1st grade
he’s gotta consolidate himself in Reggie’s first for this season and see how he goes and develops working on a few things in attack as well
Yes he seems like a good player with potential but Brittain is ahead of him
Whether he plays nine or six he still gotta find the right option and improve his kicking game
There’s a reason we signed Macca for 3 years

Crush

Coach
Just on Hunt, I dont think he will be at SGI next year. He is a sensitive bloke that doesn't do well with media.
When/if the Dragons get the spoon this year the media will have a field day with Hunt. I reckon he will be back in QLD next year.
2 new halves in 2022.
Prediction.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Just on Hunt, I dont think he will be at SGI next year. He is a sensitive bloke that doesn't do well with media.
When/if the Dragons get the spoon this year the media will have a field day with Hunt. I reckon he will be back in QLD next year.
2 new halves in 2022.
Prediction.
We all wish.

ALSGI

Bench
2 new halves in 2022.
Prediction.
Disagree mate.

We won’t get the spoon and will surprise many imo. I reckon 7th to 10th. If those other twits were still coaching us this year with our current squad a very real chance of the spoon.

Ben won’t get anywhere near the 850k we’re paying him on current form so he won’t go anywhere. I’m hoping he’ll improve big time as Capt and not writing him off yet based on trials. Regardless he won’t be offered 850k-900k again so he’ll be here for a while imo.

FlameThrower

Bench
Disagree mate.

We won’t get the spoon and will surprise many imo. I reckon 7th to 10th. If those other twits were still coaching us this year with our current squad a very real chance of the spoon.

Ben won’t get anywhere near the 850k we’re paying him on current form so he won’t go anywhere. I’m hoping he’ll improve big time as Capt and not writing him off yet based on trials. Regardless he won’t be offered 850k-900k again so he’ll be here for a while imo.
What can you see in the tea leaves that indicates anything more than bottom 4? Sorry man, I can’t see us anywhere near the top 8 this year.

Crush

Coach
Disagree mate.

Mate I hope you are right.
Im not liking what Im hearing though.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Disagree mate.

We very well could surprise many but it’s going to take a mighty effort. This is the weakest top 30 we have had I think since the JV began but one chock full of potential.

ALSGI

Bench
What can you see in the tea leaves that indicates anything more than bottom 4? Sorry man, I can’t see us anywhere near the top 8 this year.
Understand yours and many other’s concerns completely which are also shared by me, but....I have a dream.

1. Trials mean shit in terms of the season and hoping the coaches saw what they needed to see and know what to do about it.

2. I hope that 3 x FG experienced coaches will make a difference, along with other various staff ‘untouched’ by the previous morons. Potentially a great coaching formula.

3. Captaincy to Hunt and Contract Year to Norman and others has got to put a firecracker up them? Surely?

4. I’d happily see the back of JDB but I reckon he’ll be back soon and with a vengeance that will inspire.

5. Lomax will play SOO this year and become a superstar.

6. KERR, LAWRIE, FORD, FUI will have massive years.

7. Ramsay will be sensational and the twins will get a crack later in the year.

8. BIRD will be the best signing in 2021 and will play a utility role in SOO.

9. Souffs, Chooks and Grubs get busted for salary cap breaches.

10. Crush returns to his former optimistic self. OKB1 and DragonSammy are back and well.

Too early to call it a bad year especially before round 1.

Crush

Coach
Understand yours and many other’s concerns completely which are also shared by me, but....I have a dream.

1. Trials mean shit in terms of the season and hoping the coaches saw what they needed to see and know what to do about it.

2. I hope that 3 x FG experienced coaches will make a difference, along with other various staff ‘untouched’ by the previous morons. Potentially a great coaching formula.

3. Captaincy to Hunt and Contract Year to Norman and others has got to put a firecracker up them? Surely?

4. I’d happily see the back of JDB but I reckon he’ll be back soon and with a vengeance that will inspire.

10. Crush returns to his former optimistic self. OKB1 and DragonSammy are back and well.

Love your positive attitude mate, and again really hope it plays out that way.
It won’t take much for me to be optimistic again, it really won’t but for now I’m being cautious, not feeling good about 2021 at this stage.

Inisai Toga

Juniors

Well i definitely wouldn’t wake you around no 6 as you would be in the REM sleep stage. Hope your right on that one!

Last edited:

redv13

Bench

Seems possm’s infectious positivity is starting to work wonders in here

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
If I were coach I would tell Hunt that I would give him time as long as he agreed to have this time without pay. Watch how Hunt would change his mind on this.

Hunt as captain?- it all gets down to the nature/nurture debate- for mine, captains are born-not made. To expect Hunt to evolve overnight from the sort of guy who's introverted, quiet and sensitive to an outgoing, confident, leader of men is a leap of faith I'm not prepared to take. He got the job because there's currently no one else who is experienced (thus eliminating Lomax) and guaranteed a starting and finishing spot in the Dragons line up.

ALSGI

Bench
Hunt as captain?- it all gets down to the nature/nurture debate- for mine, captains are born-not made. To expect Hunt to evolve overnight from the sort of guy who's introverted, quiet and sensitive to an outgoing, confident, leader of men is a leap of faith I'm not prepared to take. He got the job because there's currently no one else who is experienced (thus eliminating Lomax) and guaranteed a starting and finishing spot in the Dragons line up.
Yes, curious choice Hunt as Captain.

I’ve seen unlikely people excel when given an opportunity but you’re right more nurture than nature and they take time to learn what is natural to others.

Could be a masterstroke by Hook and the club or it could be a spectacular disaster.

Hoping for the masterstroke and I’ll be watching Hunt closer than ever.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I could be wrong and please tell if I'm incorrect.

Why didn't Hunt ground the ball for the first try instead of trying to kick it.