What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hynes time.

sladden road

Juniors
Look I know this is being discussed elsewhere.

But. Put Hynes at 7 for the blues. This is exactly what we need for and from Nico.
Big game, go and take it Nico.
f**k all this talk of Renolds. It’s Nicos time.
Make or break it baby.
I believe in you ST Nico.

As a club we are going no where till Nico can really own the big moments.

might as well take the second biggest.

IF he can do this and win the series he will become unstoppable.

bluefox68

Staff member
I know some of you in here hate Origin, but our game wouldn’t be the same without it.

I would love to see the indigenous connection - Nicho, Cody & Lattrell…

If Fittler picks Reynolds or Moses, I just hope they sack him, cos the Blues will lose 3-0

Weaponhead

Coach
I know some of you in here hate Origin, but our game wouldn’t be the same without it.

I would love to see the indigenous connection - Nicho, Cody & Lattrell…

If Fittler picks Reynolds or Moses, I just hope they sack him, cos the Blues will lose 3-0
I reckon NSWs only chance is to run QLD off their feet with instinctive, eyes up footy that Hynes, Walker and Mitchell can offer.

The overstructured, Penrith style has been eaten up by QLD.

sladden road

Juniors
If Freedy had a set he should come out and say “ Nico is my half “ .
Fullstop.
Underline.
FFS.

it’s ridiculous ..this is why “NSW don’t get it “

hes 17 FFS.

nothing to see here.

nico to 7.

game on moles.

sharknows

Bench
It’s a lucky dip….Freddy hasn’t got a clue about coaching. NSW are playing with no direction & unable to adjust the game to suit.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Coming into origin is it Hynes or Luai… a position opens up and Freddie still can’t work it out. He will pick Reynolds which will be good for Reynolds and his “debts”.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I, like Freddy ( I'm surmising), want to see how he can steer the Sharks to beat Storm in Melbourne, this weekend, before locking him in!
Agreed - he ain’t a lock. Big games he hasn’t proven anything as yet.
Im not a stats fan at all, but that’s one that is glaring, unless your all fluffed up for Nico and his wet hair look.

Look I know this is being discussed elsewhere.

But. Put Hynes at 7 for the blues. This is exactly what we need for and from Nico.
Big game, go and take it Nico.
f**k all this talk of Renolds. It’s Nicos time.
Make or break it baby.
I believe in you ST Nico.

As a club we are going no where till Nico can
might as well take the second biggest.

IF he can do this and win the series he will become unstoppable.
Nico with all that responsibility first go in a decider at Suncorp stadium? That’s not real smart. But I want him in the halves.

Reynolds/Nicho halves combo is the smart way to go.

It will keep QLD guessing and gives us genuine kicking and play making options.

QLD don’t want to see Reynolds name on the NSW team sheet. He can kick QLD out of the game and won’t be intimidated at playing at Suncorp.

Big Bloke

Juniors
When our forwards shine, Nicho shines. When they don't he doesn't go so well. I guess you could say that of any number 7 really. Same in Origin, if Nicho is picked at 7, the NSW forwards will need to be shit hot for us to knock off Queensland.

incoming controversial opinion.
Love nicho but don't think he's built for origin.
doesn't have the required physicality for it. might be wrong.
certainly won't get the time and space.
ask the penrith boys.
when the ref sits in qlds pocket and isn't there to walk them up the field with 6 agains when the defensive heat comes their way like club land.

the Penrith crew have largely been ineffective in origin because things work differently in that arena.

bluefox68

Staff member
Is it me just being totally biased, or do the refs ref with the subconscious bias that Queensland are just going to win, so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy…???

Is it me just being totally biased, or do the refs ref with the subconscious bias that Queensland are just going to win, so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy…???
That's how it is, definitely.
They ride on the Qld underdog spirit.
It's what lights the fire for ratings.

You have to keep qlders interested, you lose them they all switch of like big sooks.

they don't like being associated with losing, even known to walk out on their teams at half time if they don't like what they see.

Special K

Coach
The thing that shits me is they'll pick Reynolds and lose game 2 then probably "look to the future" and bring Nicho in game 3 as he will be the "back up" for the next decade.

f**k origin

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
With Api going down, the likelyhood of Cook, Reynolds and C Walker increase.

I saw Fletcher talk up Robson, so turned it off, Brailey is already ahead.

I guess we see, so the halback went down, you have a replacement in a guy who was judged player of year, playing 7, just last season. Cook for Api, with perhaps Brailey on the bench.

The thing that shits me is they'll pick Reynolds and lose game 2 then probably "look to the future" and bring Nicho in game 3 as he will be the "back up" for the next decade.

f**k origin
This is where Sharks and Nicho and his management need to be realistic. I think reynolds probably best pick. with cody walker. Freddy is not Nicho friendly , Nect yr If Reynolds gets job done , probably retires S of O anyway , if not ,-Freddy Gooooorne. Nicho should not play under freddy .... Calf injury or whatever.

I recall a former sharks player brought on for impact at any stage of Origin,... Luke Lewis, Always Made immediate Impact , but Also at that stage was seasoned Origin /Australian player. You dont rely on rookies for that roll. Bring on Nicho and give him full game and halfback control when Freddies Gone , And when Nicho has some wins under his belt against top 4 teams ... And I believe that will come

Sharks been pasting over Forwards injuries making Backs take on hit ups that saps their attacking energy. Maybe its partly strategy too. Interesting to see If that strategy changes in later stages of season .

Last edited:

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Kinda want NH to miss out cos no way he goes up there and wins the game for NSW. He is a bloke that takes shit personally. Anyone watched his vodcast with that chick? f**k NSW and focus on sharks beating a team that matters.