What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can understand the angst of NSW fans

Big Pete

Referee
Loudstrat said:
When you got nothing but stupid personal attacks, you know you've lost.

Basically sums your last post up.

I said it is a troll thread, that bases itself on an existing Sydney-centric attitude that exists in the code. It has as much right to exist as the Lockyer Lovefest thread.

Mr Fourex

Bench
No wonder you are mates with AU "I have no idea where the state border is" Dragon and Mr Fourex, the Pendle Hill Service Station toilet cleaning refugee!!!!!

Sure we're not the same person with multiple accounts.........I mean after all that's the only logical reason for more than one person disagreeing with you isn't it? :sarcasm:

Dickhead......

Loudstrat

Coach
Pete, you make claims, and cannot back them up, and the you get all sh*tty because you f*cked up!

You are just as bad as Popeye. You were just fishing for rednecks, right? :lol:

Posts like this makes me wonder how the f*ck a university could exist in Queensland without foreign students.

Loudstrat

Coach
Sure we're not the same person with multiple accounts.........I mean after all that's the only logical reason for more than one person disagreeing with you isn't it? :sarcasm:

Dickhead......

It's very possible. The logic is as f*cked in all your accounts.

I hope you filed up the toilet paper dispenser.

Mr Fourex

Bench
It's very possible. The logic is as f*cked in all your accounts.

tin-foil-hat-3.jpg

Big Pete

Referee
Loudstrat said:
Pete, you make claims, and cannot back them up, and the you get all sh*tty because you f*cked up!

Says the poster making homophobic slurs.

I'm still waiting for your source on Cullen. Or where I said Brisbane were the flag bearers for expansion, or where I said Gus represented every Sydney resident?

AuDragon

Juniors
Brisbane are anti-expansion in SEQ

Well I havnt manipulated anything mate as I have quoted your entire post everytime, just highlighting the relevant parts that I see as contradictory.

you're entitled to feel what you want about any club. I just think its silly your preferences for clubs are based on location, or in your case "percieved location"
You're partially right in the sense that I will support a team that I feel represents my state, not only geographically, but more importantly, culturally. The Broncos and Cowboys fullfill that premise...

Unlike NSW, there isn't any secular rivalry between NRL teams in Qld.
If 3 or 4 BRL teams had been promoted to the NRL, the fierce rivalry would probably change the picture completely.

Geographically, the Titans are located in Qld, but right on the border with NSW, where they choose to exert most of their influence. Their team is composed of a majority of NSW'men and very little in their culture identifies them with Qld. This puts them on the same foot as any other team in the NRL as far as I'm concerned.

The other preferences I have, just grew over the years for a plethora of reasons, be it friendships with people supporting those clubs, favourite players, playing styles, etc...

I can't see why that's silly tbh.

Loudstrat

Coach
Says the poster making homophobic slurs.
Another claim you cannot back up :lol:

I'm still waiting for your source on Cullen. Or where I said Brisbane were the flag bearers for expansion, or where I said Gus represented every Sydney resident?
Re Cullen: I never quoted him. But congrats on sucessfully having your head in the sand, because that was the line he was pushing, as did his predecessors back to Ribot. Hence the 5 year exclusivity clause.

Even the Bombers bid smacks of a breakaway from the Broncos corporates setup that started fracturing when Bennett and Cullen started falling out. And you reckon the Broncos are supporting this?

Your other two - both implied. You quoted Gus' column as an example of the Sydneycentric media that underpinned NSW fans attitudes toward Queeensland. Gus' views were central to your argument.

And re expansion, remember all those threads painting the 'Sydneycentrics" as anti expansion, while painting yourself and your club as pro-expansion? Are you now backing away from all of that?

Funny how you can deny the picture you are painting. But thanks for finally admitting that your Gus reference was actually NOT "undeniable proof" of a Sydneycentric attitude that was so big as to make the OP's stupid post a reality.

Joker's Wild

Coach
You're partially right in the sense that I will support a team that I feel represents my state, not only geographically, but more importantly, culturally. The Broncos and Cowboys fullfill that premise...

Unlike NSW, there isn't any secular rivalry between NRL teams in Qld.
If 3 or 4 BRL teams had been promoted to the NRL, the fierce rivalry would probably change the picture completely.

Geographically, the Titans are located in Qld, but right on the border with NSW, where they choose to exert most of their influence. Their team is composed of a majority of NSW'men and very little in their culture identifies them with Qld. This puts them on the same foot as any other team in the NRL as far as I'm concerned.

The other preferences I have, just grew over the years for a plethora of reasons, be it friendships with people supporting those clubs, favourite players, playing styles, etc...

I can't see why that's silly tbh.
"Qld culture", are you serious? What exactly is that bullshit?

How can you say they have more influence in Nth NSW than Qld? They play in Robina, own nightclubs in Surfers and are named GC.

Their team in rd 26 consisted of 8 NSWelsmen, 2 Kiwis and 7 Qlders. Thats all with Prince, Friend, Myers and Harrison all injured. Hardly "mostly NSWelshmen". Take a look at their U20s and you'll see more Qlders and Kiwis than NSWelshmen too

Im starting to suspect most of your reasons are all in your head

AuDragon

Juniors
"Qld culture", are you serious? What exactly is that bullshit?

How can you say they have more influence in Nth NSW than Qld? They play in Robina, own nightclubs in Surfers and are named GC.

Their team in rd 26 consisted of 8 NSWelsmen, 2 Kiwis and 7 Qlders. Thats all with Prince, Friend, Myers and Harrison all injured. Hardly "mostly NSWelshmen". Take a look at their U20s and you'll see more Qlders and Kiwis than NSWelshmen too

Im starting to suspect most of your reasons are all in your head
Of course, they're in my head. It's MY opinion! :crazy:

I live on the Gold Coast mate, I'm actively involved in grass roots footy, and I know quite well what the Titans target and what their strategy is. Many, if not most of their supporters are NSW "ex-pats" btw...

As far as culture is concerned, I'm not talking about the beaten path that Qld'ers have more passion, commitment, etc... It's really more about true representation of the state, and I cannot imagine it's so hard to fathom. The Broncos do, the Cowboys do, the Titans don't!
I don't know how else to explain what I mean, so let's just leave it at that...

beave

Coach
You probably went to the same geography school as GI too, right? :sarcasm:

The Titans strategy is to identify themselves with NSW. Their team is full of NSW'men, they deliberately target the population south of the Tweed (which serves as border between Qld and NSW loudtard), and most of its fans are NSW'kers leeching on the beautiful state of Qld.

JW, most Broncos I know won't support the Tits for the above mentioned reasons, vice versa. You should have a look at our forum (BHQ), and you would find it difficult to discover anything other than a strong dislike of the "Toidans".
It's a completely different story with the Cowboys though, despite what Beave would like people to believe.

ah, when the hell have I said Brisbane fans don't/shouldn't like us???

All I said was that I personally cannot f**king stand the Broncos..............

Loudstrat

Coach

I live on the Gold Coast mate, I'm actively involved in grass roots footy, and I know quite well what the Titans target and what their strategy is. Many, if not most of their supporters are NSW "ex-pats" btw...
So how long do you have to live in Queensland before you are a Queenslander? Or is it simply post lobotomy?
As far as culture is concerned, I'm not talking about the beaten path that Qld'ers have more passion, commitment, etc... It's really more about true representation of the state, and I cannot imagine it's so hard to fathom. The Broncos do, the Cowboys do, the Titans don't!
I thought it was about true representation of the CLUB and it's local DISTRICT you f*cking gimp! Exactly how do Penrith, the Roosters and Newcastle represent NSW and NOT their own particular district?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I've been surprised at how quiet the Broncos have been on the Bombers bid. In fact the Titans have probably been more vocal in their lack of support for it. Maybe they hoping it will go away if they don;t stoke the rivallary fire?

AuDragon

Juniors
So how long do you have to live in Queensland before you are a Queenslander? Or is it simply post lobotomy?
I thought it was about true representation of the CLUB and it's local DISTRICT you f*cking gimp! Exactly how do Penrith, the Roosters and Newcastle represent NSW and NOT their own particular district?
Funny that, didn't you recently complain about personal attacks? :crazy:

You're trying to pick a fight, but I don't beat up senior citizens, much less when they have a clearly diminished mental capacity...

As for the rest, you wouldn't get it even if I used crayons loudtard. :lol:

Big Pete

Referee
You're losing it Loudy, can't even keep track of your own posts.

Here, this is what you said.

Loudstrat said:
Where in the OP's post is the media mentioned you f*cking fruitcake??????

But again you're in denial or just plain lying.

Loudstrat said:
Re Cullen: I never quoted him. But congrats on sucessfully having your head in the sand, because that was the line he was pushing, as did his predecessors back to Ribot. Hence the 5 year exclusivity clause.

So who were you quoting?

Loudstrat said:
Have they altered from the stance under Cullen that Brisbane can only support one team, and there was no way they could support another Brisbane sides existence? 5 years ago it was "South East Queensland cannot support two teams - therefore we dont want the Titans in"

Again, a source would be lovely here but you seem to be unable to produce one.

2/2 already.

Loudstrat said:
Your other two - both implied. You quoted Gus' column as an example of the Sydneycentric media that underpinned NSW fans attitudes toward Queeensland. Gus' views were central to your argument.

I only brought up fans when discussing the support for all Sydney grand finals. Gould's highly publicised opinion is just an example of the existence of a Sydney centric attitude, not an example of everybody in Sydney having this opinion. But thanks for drawing another long bow.

3/3

Loudstrat said:
And re expansion, remember all those threads painting the 'Sydneycentrics" as anti expansion, while painting yourself and your club as pro-expansion? Are you now backing away from all of that?

Doesn't mean I think the Broncos are the flag bearers of a pro-expansion movement, just that they're not as opposed as some would have you believe.

Those who support the idea of retaining a state centric attitude are holding the game back. We should be thinking nationally, not just about our own backyards.

Loudstrat said:
Funny how you can deny the picture you are painting. But thanks for finally admitting that your Gus reference was actually NOT "undeniable proof" of a Sydneycentric attitude that was so big as to make the OP's stupid post a reality.

And thanks for proving you have the comprehension skills of a 10 year old. I'm not going to go over what you did wrong anymore, it's getting old. After all, this is a troll thread, and it seems you've bitten extremely hard.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I've been surprised at how quiet the Broncos have been on the Bombers bid. In fact the Titans have probably been more vocal in their lack of support for it. Maybe they hoping it will go away if they don;t stoke the rivallary fire?

a) don't really like the name

b) would prefer to see CQ, SC and Ippy fire up 1st ........tbh

c) if and when the time comes, they'll get my support if they happen to be the only QLD based team left when the finals come around

Joker's Wild

Coach

lol Ok mate

Latest posts