What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can understand the angst of NSW fans

Loudstrat

Coach
You're losing it Loudy, can't even keep track of your own posts.

Here, this is what you said.
An on-topic response about a League issue, with the fruitcake jibe as an adjunct, not the whole sentence.

So who were you quoting?
The words in inverted commas, gramattically, was attributed to "They", not Cullen. "They" meaning the Broncos - and the phrase in the inverted comas refers to the Broncos stance of the time.

Doesn't mean I think the Broncos are the flag bearers of a pro-expansion movement, just that they're not as opposed as some would have you believe.
I have never heard them support a new team in SEQ - ever.
Those who support the idea of retaining a state centric attitude are holding the game back. We should be thinking nationally, not just about our own backyards.
And clearly that is a Queensland problem, going by this thread.

There has never been nothing but support for expansion from NSW clubs, and NSW fans do not merely think along state lines. There is strong international support for the Warriors, and also support for Brisbane and Melbourne from fans of NSW based clubs.

I'm glad you are finally seeing the light.

And thanks for proving you have the comprehension skills of a 10 year old. I'm not going to go over what you did wrong anymore, it's getting old. After all, this is a troll thread, and it seems you've bitten extremely hard.[/QUOTE]

The season is coming to a close; only ONE of the 4 teams left is a NSW based team and it's the one team many Cockroaches love to hate!

Sad, so VERY VERY sad.

Could only get worse when the Broncos win next week.

Will there be a call for the end of the current format of the competition?

;-)

:lol::lol:

For the sake of those who misread this: "NSW Fans" are those fans of NSW based clubs.

How sad are you. Very disappointing person.

Knightmare

Coach
I reckon Broncomum is the woman decked out in Broncos gear seen riding in the car with Shane Webcke in the NRMA ads that have been screening up here.

On a curious note, they're advertising how under the policy, your car is insured no matter who drives it, and Webcke is given a car to demonstrate this "as long as he fills it with a whole lot of Queenslanders". Does this mean that anybody from south of Coolangatta or west of Mt Isa is exempt from the policy? Or is it simply another example of the way some Qlders see their state as if its' a separate country altogether? Hate to go off-topic but I am genuinely confused!

Big Pete

Referee
Loudstrat said:
An on-topic response about a League issue, with the fruitcake jibe as an adjunct, not the whole sentence.

Thank you for confirming my point. It was an uneccesary insult and another example of you by your own definition, losing it.

Dragon2010

First Grade
At weast us nsw'ers can spwell wite. Damn Quenwanders can't evan speil.

:crazy: haha. I wish. It's good for the states to have a crack at each other in all good intentions and sportsman ship of course. Sure there is no harsh feelings here.

Big Pete

Referee
Wow I mispelled unnecessary, how will I carry on?

Dragon2010 said:
:crazy: haha. I wish. It's good for the states to have a crack at each other in all good intentions and sportsman ship of course. Sure there is no harsh feelings here.

Pretty much.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Wow I mispelled unnecessary, how will I carry on?

Pretty much.

Nah with the spelling joke I'm just stirring in general :lol: Yeah it's all good fun haha. Don't worry the Sydney teams tend to hate each other more then the QLD/ NSW dilemma. Especially lol@50ff$.

The season is coming to a close; only ONE of the 4 teams left is a NSW based team and it's the one team many Cockroaches love to hate!

Sad, so VERY VERY sad.

;-)

For the sake of those who misread this: "NSW Fans" are those fans of NSW based clubs.

You're speaking in terms that are alien to people who are from NSW, let alone Sydney. The concept of Queensland style State wide parochialism doesn't exist here. I'd rather see ANY team - be it Melbourne or Brisbane - win the Premiership before I would another Sydney club.

So good luck to you. The Warriors are obviously my first preference, but failing that I'd settle for anyone but Manly.

Sad, so VERY VERY sad.

;-)

This is part of the problem with SOO - club loyalty being stronger than State. At least it is based on years of tradition but it also goes too far at times.

Loudstrat

Coach
Thank you for confirming my point. It was an uneccesary insult and another example of you by your own definition, losing it.
No it wasnt. It was necessary.

Suggesting all Sydneysiders think like Gus.
Suggesting Brisbane is pro expansion more than Sydney clubs are.
Forgetting that Brisbane reckon their city can only support one team resource wise.
Defending the OP's confusion between semi finals and Origin.
Having a hissy fit whenever these points are questioned.
Posting threads that are 100% insult ith no RL content at all, and crying when someone tags an insult on the end of a League-filled post.

You are, indeed, a f*cking fruitcake

Perth Red

Post Whore
This is part of the problem with SOO - club loyalty being stronger than State. At least it is based on years of tradition but it also goes too far at times.

And likewise Internationals were supporting your state is deemed far more important than supporting your country.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
4127992813_91c0640808.jpg

Is that the best you've got? :lol:

firechild

First Grade
The problem with internationals in rugby league is that there are so few competitive countries. New Zealand usually can't even compete with Australia. Recently they've lifted for tournament finals but ANZAC tests are usually very one sided. For the good of the game I enjoy watching New Zealand win. I can never bring myself to support the poms in anything but I'll often back NZ, especially if it means the likes of Slater, Smith and Thurston are on the losing side.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Of course, they're in my head. It's MY opinion! :crazy:

I live on the Gold Coast mate, I'm actively involved in grass roots footy, and I know quite well what the Titans target and what their strategy is. Many, if not most of their supporters are NSW "ex-pats" btw...

As far as culture is concerned, I'm not talking about the beaten path that Qld'ers have more passion, commitment, etc... It's really more about true representation of the state, and I cannot imagine it's so hard to fathom. The Broncos do, the Cowboys do, the Titans don't!
I don't know how else to explain what I mean, so let's just leave it at that...

But what difference does it make? We all know that Queensland will select anyone that farts within 20km of the Queensland border anyway. This just gives them a better excuse to try and claim more NSW players now :lol:.

Mortar

Juniors
But what difference does it make? We all know that Queensland will select anyone that farts within 20km of the Queensland border anyway. This just gives them a better excuse to try and claim more NSW players now :lol:.

It's not that QLD claim them it's that they run to QLD because of f**kwits like you. Pretty sad when your own players don't want to play for their own shitty state. :lol:

Latest posts