What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can understand the angst of NSW fans

Mr Fourex

Bench
I don't think the objection of these people has anything to do with the success Brisbane have achieved.

Uhmm.......yeah, sure

Probably due to the fact every year you merkins would come up here and parade around OUR stadium at full time after flogging us year after year, high fiving all and sundry and then strutting around the night club strips in TVL after the game like they owned that too, why the f**k should I go for you pieces of shit?? You've had the luxury of the handouts of the thoroughbreds, stole Scott Prince from us knowing full well he was going to be our long term captain and halfback, not to mention the nice little $400 million dollar stadium handed to you while we play out of cow paddock (literally), you and the rest of the broncos fans have had it so f**king good since day dot, you clowns wouldn't know what hit you actually had to put up with a couple of years where you didn't make the finals.................

fightingirish69

Juniors
I don't think the objection of these people has anything to do with the success Brisbane have achieved. Most people recognise it, including those you're talking to now - bottom line is the attitude of fans like yourself... people react to arrogance and stupidity.

thats exactly right. its not about the success of the bronco's. its about the arrogance of their fans.

Joker's Wild

Coach
As a regional NSW boy I could not give a rats if a Sydney team ever reaches the GF for the next 100 years. Most Sydney siders pile shit on anything south of Waterfall, north of Berowra or west of the Blueys so their clubs will receive no loyalty from me.

Funny thing is most non Broncos fans living outside of Brissy tend to feel the same way towards their insular capital cousins.

Some call it jealousy. Those who have more than a turnip between their ears know the real reason regional folk have little love for those in their respective capitals.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I wonder how many Broncos supporters follow the QRL.

The other states owe a debt of gratitude to NSW. Sydney fans gave up their comp in the name of expansion so we could have a national competition. Without the strength of the old Sydney comp there would be no Broncos, no Storm and no NRL.

NSWelshman are over it, we know what we lost, and we accept that it was for the good of the game. Queenslanders simply wanted in on what was the best RL competition in the world.

betcats

Referee
If my team dont make it i dont care who makes it. In fact generally i dislike more nsw teams then the out of state teams anyway.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
The season is coming to a close; only ONE of the 4 teams left is a NSW based team and it's the one team many Cockroaches love to hate!

Sad, so VERY VERY sad.

Could only get worse when the Broncos win next week.

Will there be a call for the end of the current format of the competition?

;-)

:lol::lol:

For the sake of those who misread this: "NSW Fans" are those fans of NSW based clubs.

Where were you last year when 3 of the remaining 4 teams were from Sydney?

And in the game's history, 2 non-NSW teams have only played in the Grand Final just once in 2006 - and one of those teams had to cheat to get there.

AuDragon

Juniors
I don't think the objection of these people has anything to do with the success Brisbane have achieved. Most people recognise it, including those you're talking to now - bottom line is the attitude of fans like yourself... people react to arrogance and stupidity.
That's a load of BS and you know it.
We have a few outlandish fans like any other club here, but nowhere near the amount of f**kwits 50uff$ or Manly has (you should see the amount of scum trolls have taken the Broncos subforum under assault!).

Besides, it's hypocritical, as pretty much anyone can use the same reasoning about any of the clubs in the NRL.

The reality is that a lot of people still have their panties in a twist about the superleague, while the rest if very envious of the Broncos success and position in the NRL, especially the fact they're a one city club, with all the advantages it gives them.

ceagle

Bench
That's a load of BS and you know it.
We have a few outlandish fans like any other club here, but nowhere near the amount of f**kwits 50uff$ or Manly has (you should see the amount of scum trolls have taken the Broncos subforum under assault!).

Besides, it's hypocritical, as pretty much anyone can use the same reasoning about any of the clubs in the NRL.

The reality is that a lot of people still have their panties in a twist about the superleague, while the rest if very envious of the Broncos success and position in the NRL, especially the fact they're a one city club, with all the advantages it gives them.
I can just smell the arrogance through my computer screen.

The Yatla Batla

Juniors
Every year we hear what could be better or changed...the thing is, The NRL is a buisness and focuses on making money. It also is easy to draw conclusions from the people running the game if they are NSW or Queenslanders...I personally just love the game, I loved the 3pm grand final ..having a beer and a barbie and turning the tv on..I love the titans cheer for the broncos cowboys storm and anyone but a sydney team till a sydney team is playing a sydney team..then i will just pick one i hate the least..we are just supporters all seeing it differently..Lets just enjoy the ride and hope the powers that be dont screw it up ..AHH but yeah anyone but MANLY! be nice to eachother the Batla

ceagle

Bench
Oh man, I'm cut. I've just been outwitted by a 10 year old keyboard hero... :sarcasm:
Sorry was my comment suppose to cut you deep? Not really. Can't wait until we have to see the Broncos fail for a few years without Lockyer.

adamkungl

Immortal
club 1st.....state 2nd .......country 3rd.

Loyalty.......it's a funny word that you NSWankers just won't ever understand the meaning of.

Loyalty for your club in NSW includes hating everyone around you. Apparently in QLD club loyalty means jumping on the bandwagon of your nearest rival at the first opportunity.

f**k Souffs. f**k St Merge. f**k Parra. I would cheer on a Justin Hodges captained team of violent dictators who were also cheating the cap against any of that lot.

Manly I don't mind. Possibly because everyone else hates them. I respect that.

Parra Pride

Referee
Loyalty for your club in NSW includes hating everyone around you. Apparently in QLD club loyalty means jumping on the bandwagon of your nearest rival at the first opportunity.

f**k Souffs. f**k St Merge. f**k Parra. I would cheer on a Justin Hodges captained team of violent dictators who were also cheating the cap against any of that lot.

f**k you too. :fist:

Mr Fourex

Bench

No it doesn't mean that at all........as I said, NSW born and bred won't ever get it. You all have NFI what loyalty to your state means. If my team gets bundled out of the finals and there's another QLD based side in there.....I'll support them in a game against a NSW, Victorian or an overseas based club. I'm loyal to my club 1st and my state 2nd. Doesn't mean I'll follow them or even contemplate having a 2nd side......it's just nice to cheer on someone when your watching a game of finals football.

If it comes down to the Warriors and Manly in this years gf?

I'll be backing Manly. Australian based club......

If it comes down to Manly V Storm?

I'll be backing the Storm........cause I f*cking hate NSW.

Geez.......you must really respect the Broncos and QLD then. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
This thread is rolled-gold. Obviously started by someone who has never been to any part of New South Wales, and especially not to Sydney.

And anyone who puts their state ahead of their country is a complete and utter wanker. Only firms my opinion that we don't actually need the states anymore. 2 tiers of government is enough for anyone.

Latest posts