What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can understand the angst of NSW fans

Parra Pride

Referee
If they were in the finals and in order

Broncos
Titans
Cowboys

........weren't.

Then you'd better believe I'd be in there cheering for the "Caloundra Sea Eagles".

club 1st.....state 2nd .......country 3rd.

Loyalty.......it's a funny word that you NSWankers just won't ever understand the meaning of.

I never knew loyalty meant that when your team is gone you jump on the bandwagon of the closest team.

Loudstrat

Coach
If they were in the finals and in order

Broncos
Titans
Cowboys

........weren't.

Then you'd better believe I'd be in there cheering for the "Caloundra Sea Eagles".

club 1st.....state 2nd .......country 3rd.

Loyalty.......it's a funny word that you NSWankers just won't ever understand the meaning of.
Like your loyalty to the Crushers and the Chargers.

Queensland clubs killing Queensland clubs, and you speak of loyalty?

You cant wait until you get a chance to kill of the Cowboys and Titans you treacherous genius.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Says a lot about some of you cry boy fans. Rather support a team from another state then a team from your own.

Hardly surprising the lengths some will go to here to be popular.......

This reminds me of the preliminary final between the Titans and Roosters at Suncorp Stadium in 2010. I have some extended family on the coast who support the Titans and I was asked if I would like to come along to the game with them. Sure enough there was a large and rather arrogant pack of Drongos fans sitting directly in front of us who decided to spend the course of the match berating the Titans and cheering on the Roosters.

After about 20 minutes of this bull**** I said to one fat, greasy redneck Queenslander "shouldn't you be supporting the Queensland team?". He turned to me, took a swig of his XXXX Camel's Piss and said "We don't want the Titans to upstage the Broncos by winning the premiership. The Broncos are the only team that matters in Queensland!".

That, along with the way your club treated the South Queensland Crushers and was a key contributor in the farce that was Super League indicates that the Drongos only act within their own self interest and really couldn't give a flying f*** about the state of the game in Queensland.

Last edited:
Probably due to the fact every year you merkins would come up here and parade around OUR stadium at full time after flogging us year after year, high fiving all and sundry and then strutting around the night club strips in TVL after the game like they owned that too, why the f**k should I go for you pieces of shit?? You've had the luxury of the handouts of the thoroughbreds, stole Scott Prince from us knowing full well he was going to be our long term captain and halfback, not to mention the nice little $400 million dollar stadium handed to you while we play out of cow paddock (literally), you and the rest of the broncos fans have had it so f**king good since day dot, you clowns wouldn't know what hit you actually had to put up with a couple of years where you didn't make the finals.................

Popular??? Pffft, I couldn't give a shit what any other posters think of my opinion on football related matters, the broncos represent Brisbane, not the whole of QLD, the sooner you lot realise that it doesn't automatically mean the rest of us are sheep and want to support a club that many of us despise the better.........

Take a bow, well said champ!!

Broncos fans wouldn't know shit about having it tough.

Big Pete

Referee
First off, I don't care if a Cowboys or a Titans fan won't support us. It's up to the individual who they choose to support from here (if they choose to support anyone at all) and really it's refreshing to see somebody not support a side due to proximity.

This isn't Origin, it's the NRL, really the closer you are, the more you should hate one another. Generally speaking of course.

Broncos are a great club and I'm glad I'm a supporter.

AuDragon

Juniors
Probably due to the fact every year you merkins would come up here and parade around OUR stadium at full time after flogging us year after year, high fiving all and sundry and then strutting around the night club strips in TVL after the game like they owned that too, why the f**k should I go for you pieces of shit?? You've had the luxury of the handouts of the thoroughbreds, stole Scott Prince from us knowing full well he was going to be our long term captain and halfback, not to mention the nice little $400 million dollar stadium handed to you while we play out of cow paddock (literally), you and the rest of the broncos fans have had it so f**king good since day dot, you clowns wouldn't know what hit you actually had to put up with a couple of years where you didn't make the finals.................

Popular??? Pffft, I couldn't give a shit what any other posters think of my opinion on football related matters, the broncos represent Brisbane, not the whole of QLD, the sooner you lot realise that it doesn't automatically mean the rest of us are sheep and want to support a club that many of us despise the better.........
All that talk while you could've made it short and just said you suffer from acute ENVY.

Big Pete

Referee
I will say this, neither Gold Coast (1988-98 version) or North Queensland should have been entered when they were.

I will say this, neither Gold Coast (1988-98 version) or North Queensland should have been entered when they were.

So Pete when would of being the right time for Gold Coast & North Queensland to enter the competition? I admit I wasn't around in rugby league back in those days I'm very recent to the sport since 09 I do know that the one thing the Gold Coast & North Queensland teams have in common unfortunately and that's the wooden spoon throughout the years:(.

You take the good with the bad, Broncos have yet to experience a real down period of missed finals consecutively it be interesting to see how the Brisbane sporting market would react to it.

Since it's no secret that up there they like to get on an winning bandwagon eg Queensland Reds this year, Brisbane Lions 3-peat, etc. Once the Broncos hit rock bottom one year and I'm certain they will no team is immune to failure the true believers will say while the fair-weather will go.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
The Gold Coast club was founded by a reject Brisbane syndicate and was patched together after Arthurson wasn't happy with the victorious Broncos consortium. Originally, the NSWRL and Broncos had signed an agreement that guranteed the Broncos there wouldn't be another team within reasonable proximity. So of course, the NSWRL sidestepped this by introducing the Gold Coast team, based on Tweed Heads. Technically it wasn't another Queensland side, so it didn't breach the Brisbane agreement. To rub salt in the wounds, the NSWRL handed out large sums of cash to both Gold Coast and Newcastle and left the Broncos in the dark. The whole thing just seemed like sour grapes and really did the Gold Coast region no favours.

Originally, only 2 sides were to be entered in 1995 and North Queensland were way down on the list for good reason. Their bid wasn't properly developed and they had a lot of issues they needed to sort out but the ARL got too excited and included them anyways.

Both regions definitely deserve to be represented it was just that they were introduced too early. I haven't paid thought to an ideal date either side should have been accepted as a lot occured following their introductions but it's fair to say they were both rushed out. However, at least in the case of the Cowboys, their fans have basically kept them alive...and News Limited. At least for awhile there.

Interesting read Pete I'm sure the NQ region could of held out a year or two to develop there bid if they went for the 2 team admission in 95 it would of being better in the long run providing SL war didn't happen but we never know and it's ancient history now. Rushed expanison sides were always bound to go through trial by fire no matter the code there a few exceptions to the rule though. I'm sure Cowboy supporters from day one can elaborate on the issues of the bid back in the 90's.

Either way, NQ is represented went through hard times early and hopefully with the squad they have now will be a finals force for the next couple of years hopefully there young, talented, and full of potential.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Of course they shouldn't have. The whole of Queensland should have been kept in reserve for the broncos. :roll:

They should have been kept on reserve for their own good.

As I explained.

CFF - Yeah I should have elaborated further on the Cows but I just recall when I was researching their history last year the general concensus was they weren't prepared to be admitted when they were. They've survived though and will likely prosper in the coming seasons thanks to the development of the NYC competition. That comp. receives a lot of flak, but I believe it's doing wonders for clubs like the Cows, Warriors and even Melbourne who should be unearthing some local products in the near future.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It amazes me how Broncos fans play the victim despite being arguably the most successful club in rugby league history in Australia.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't think the objection of these people has anything to do with the success Brisbane have achieved. Most people recognise it, including those you're talking to now - bottom line is the attitude of fans like yourself... people react to arrogance and stupidity.

Latest posts