What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can understand the angst of NSW fans

Loudstrat

Coach
I like how all the NSW scum are ganging up on another queenlander. Reminds me of a game in 2009.

Peter Wallace plays below par before origin just so he doesn't get picked for the blues btw.
I like how a Queenslander starts a thread simply to bag NSW and ends up getting smashed in it!

And Wallace never stopped playing below par. He is sh*t, otherwise you wouldnt need an old road kill victim with a f*cking mecanno set in his face to guide your Queensland club hating team around on the weekend you bedwetting spastic!!!!!!!!!!

Goddy

Juniors
I like how a Queenslander starts a thread simply to bag NSW and ends up getting smashed in it!

And Wallace never stopped playing below par. He is sh*t, otherwise you wouldnt need an old road kill victim with a f*cking mecanno set in his face to guide your Queensland club hating team around on the weekend you bedwetting spastic!!!!!!!!!!

So what happened to the Eels, Loud?

Big Pete

Referee
As much as this is a troll thread you'd be very naive to think a Sydney entric attitude doesn't exist within the game. It was only a week or so ago when one of the biggest media personalities put forward his idea of a conference system featuring a Sydney side and the rest and even last year there was plenty of press about how good it was to have an all Sydney grand final. It's not just exclusive to the media either, I've seen plenty of posters say the same on here.

It's not a big deal and this thread screams of poor sportsmanship but the denial by some of this existance is humerous.

Joker's Wold said:
Broncos supporters seem to be happy to back the Cowboys or Titans but the same doesn't go for the reverse, especially in the case of the Cowboys.

Not entirely true.

While the Broncos are happy to support the Cowboys there's a healthy contigent that dislikes the Titans.

AuDragon

Juniors
As much as this is a troll thread you'd be very naive to think a Sydney entric attitude doesn't exist within the game. It was only a week or so ago when one of the biggest media personalities put forward his idea of a conference system featuring a Sydney side and the rest and even last year there was plenty of press about how good it was to have an all Sydney grand final. It's not just exclusive to the media either, I've seen plenty of posters say the same on here.

It's not a big deal and this thread screams of poor sportsmanship but the denial by some of this existance is humerous.

Not entirely true.

While the Broncos are happy to support the Cowboys there's a healthy contigent that dislikes the Titans.
Seriously BP, this thread is akin to LU's sewer. I mean, it's clearly loudtard's favourite hang spot, where he can spit all his guile and keyboard heroics about the Broncos and Queensland, especially now Broncos and Lockyer are way too close to another premiership for comfort. The old fart won't survive if it happens, which is another reason why I really hope it does.

In the meanwhile, his presence has raised the putrefaction levels in the thread to toxic, so I hope you're wearing full protective gear... :sarcasm:

P.S. I've never viewed the Titans as a Qld team and I live on the Gold Coast. I do like the Cowboys and will support them against any other team but the Broncos.

fightingirish69

Juniors

Not entirely true.

and on the other hand... you'd have to be naive to believe that queensland and queensland teams are still the underdogs,struggling to make it in a sydney centric competition. yeah maybe 23 -30 years ago we were the underdogs and the chip was justified justified.
not now
the bronco's are probably one of the richest [if not the richest] club in the competition

6 premierships
and remember the cowboys made the grand final in 2005
the australian captain has basically been either lockyer or smith [both queenslanders]]
the australian side has been drenched with queenslanders
6 consecutive origin series wins... and lets not forget the numerous series wins since 1980.

Dragon2010

First Grade
What does that have anything to do with what I said?

I think he meant in relation to you saying "Sydney centric state" topic, saying that the NRL will try all in their power to score Sydney a win (ie. The hype over a all Sydney GF win last year. In that case I think he saying that other states are just as dominant if not more dominant then Sydney currently.

Manly are the only Sydney team left in the comp and Brisbane, Melbourne all have a better chance to lift the cup.

Big Pete

Referee
I think he meant in relation to you saying "Sydney centric state" topic, saying that the NRL will try all in their power to score Sydney a win (ie. The hype over a all Sydney GF win last year. In that case I think he saying that other states are just as dominant if not more dominant then Sydney currently.

Manly are the only Sydney team left in the comp and Brisbane, Melbourne all have a better chance to lift the cup.

I didn't say this. I only referred to the media and supporters.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I didn't say this. I only referred to the media and supporters.

I'm just assuming in his translation mate. But yeah the media do push for it. We saw it this year in the "Tiger's Fairytale" march to premiership with Marshall and the likes. Last year with the roosters. They always push a team. The media have too much control over the state and welfare of the game it's a joke. To such a degree it's even affecting the outcomes and health of fair play.

fightingirish69

Juniors
and why shouldn't the nrl be sydney centric the sydney comp was the basis on the nrl, the nrl has its origins in the sydney comp.

queenslanders had their own comp , still do. but the majority of queenslanders dont want anything to do with it.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm just assuming in his translation mate. But yeah the media do push for it. We saw it this year in the "Tiger's Fairytale" march to premiership with Marshall and the likes. Last year with the roosters. They always push a team. The media have too much control over the state and welfare of the game it's a joke. To such a degree it's even affecting the outcomes and health of fair play.

I understand but I just wanted to clarify.

The media in general has too much of an influence, particularly when it comes to rep. football.

fightingirish69 - Whatever that name means, it's people like you who stop this game from truly being national.

And before you trip yourself over, yes, I know, in 1997 the Broncos served their own interests and prohibited any Queensland cup from entering the competition for five years while the Qld Rugby League market recovered from the major slump. Quick, somebody alert the press!

But of course, when you do, you can also tell them about the Broncos supporting expansion bids in recent years.

Joker's Wild

Coach

I dont think Sydney fans do deny it mate. The comp was Sydney centric for almost 80 years before Canberra and Illawarra were brought in and more than half the teams in the comp are based in the Sydney area even now so its hardly surprising that that attitude exists.

Not entirely true.

Not in my experience but Ill take your word for it re: the Titans. I am yet to meet a Cowboys supporter that reciprocates though.

P.S. I've never viewed the Titans as a Qld team and I live on the Gold Coast. I do like the Cowboys and will support them against any other team but the Broncos.

Last I looked the GC was a part of Qld. Dont let Frex hear you say that though mate, he'll accuse you of not being a Qlder

Big Pete

Referee
Joker's Wild said:
I dont think Sydney fans do deny it mate. The comp was Sydney centric for almost 80 years before Canberra and Illawarra were brought in and more than half the teams in the comp are based in the Sydney area even now so its hardly surprising that that attitude exists.

It's understandable and hardly a problem with me.

The reason I made that point is that I believe that's what OP was referring to. Not this, your state must support a NSW garbage. Pretty sure Fourex brought that into it so he's earnt himself a Wally Lewis type look of disapproval.

Joker's Wild said:
Not in my experience but Ill take your word for it re: the Titans. I am yet to meet a Cowboys supporter that reciprocates though.

You've misunderstood.

I was talking about Broncos supporters. Most will support the Cows, a lot less will support the Titans.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I

You've misunderstood.

I was talking about Broncos supporters. Most will support the Cows, a lot less will support the Titans.

No, I understood mate. All the Broncos fans I know will happily support the Cows or Tits. In fact most of the ones I know would take the Titans over the Cows if it came to it due to their "newness" to the comp.

Each to their own though

Brutus

Referee
True rugby league fans should give a f**k who makes the Grand Final - NSW team or not.

A grand final in RL is a grand final. A semi final in RL is a semi final in RL.

Get out and support the game if your team's out!!

Ya shitheads!

Big Pete

Referee
Ahh this sentence...

Joker's Wild said:

Threw me.

I was referring to die-hard Broncos supporters who are apart of the fan forum. Cowboys fans I've met outside of these forums seem to have Brisbane as their second side and Titans fans are generally a mixed bunch since a contigent is made up of Brisbane based supporters who dislike the Broncos.

fightingirish69

Juniors
I understand but I just wanted to clarify.

The media in general has too much of an influence, particularly when it comes to rep. football.

fightingirish69 - Whatever that name means, it's people like you who stop this game from truly being national.

And before you trip yourself over, yes, I know, in 1997 the Broncos served their own interests and prohibited any Queensland cup from entering the competition for five years while the Qld Rugby League market recovered from the major slump. Quick, somebody alert the press!

But of course, when you do, you can also tell them about the Broncos supporting expansion bids in recent years.

who gives a f**k what my name means, i was born in derry,i'm 42 [hence 69] and i'll stand up for myself [hence fighting] big deal,... i have a username.. maybe you dont like irish people... i couldn't care less.

and how are people like myself stopping the game from going national?. queensland teams are in the national comp. big deal. the damage is done now and wont be undone. i support expansion, just not at the expense of existing top class competitions like the brl/state league was.
i hate the bronco's big deal. but i dont hate the actual team , they are good on the paddock and interesting to watch. i just hate the arrogant fans and the corporation behind the team.
and all i've been saying is the queensland chip on the shoulder is out dated, and does nothing for the game ..especially the international game.