What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

It wouldn’t have taken much longer than a handful of overs into 3rd day, if he survived the night session. If we can’t bowl the Pakis out twice in almost 3 whole days with a lead of over 600, then we weren’t going to win the test anyway. And it’s not about making Warner feel good, it’s about the opportunity to see a previously thought unbreakable record challenged

Have you looked at the weather forecast?

Bazal

Post Whore
It wouldn’t have taken much longer than a handful of overs into 3rd day, if he survived the night session. If we can’t bowl the Pakis out twice in almost 3 whole days with a lead of over 600, then we weren’t going to win the test anyway. And it’s not about making Warner feel good, it’s about the opportunity to see a previously thought unbreakable record challenged
Edit - then why let him go beyond Bradman/Taylor?

I reiterate my previous post. Paine is trying to win a test match, not give one guy a record.

It's going to rain in Adelaide today and tomorrow.

84 Baby

Referee
I reiterate my previous post. Paine is trying to win a test match, not give one guy a record.

It's going to rain in Adelaide today and tomorrow.
The reports I heard were morning rain only. What’s done is done I suppose

Bazal

Post Whore
The reports I heard were morning rain only. What’s done is done I suppose

And reports are always 100% accurate?

If Paine lets him bat another 90 mins, and Pakistan don't lose 6 for dick all, and then we lost two sessions today to rain and one tomorrow would you say Paine made the right call?

He has to give himself the best chance to win the match. It might not rain at all, but he has to think worst case, not best case, and still manage a win

84 Baby

Referee
And reports are always 100% accurate?

If Paine lets him bat another 90 mins, and Pakistan don't lose 6 for dick all, and then we lost two sessions today to rain and one tomorrow would you say Paine made the right call?

He has to give himself the best chance to win the match. It might not rain at all, but he has to think worst case, not best case, and still manage a win
If he doesn’t let him bat on, Pakistan don’t lose 6 for dick all, and then we lost two sessions today to rain and one tomorrow would you say Paine made the right call?
I’m not saying it’s the wrong call to make but to deny him the opportunity in the touch he was displaying I’d have let it ride and backed the bowlers to take 20 straight, rain or not

Bazal

Post Whore
If he doesn’t let him bat on, Pakistan don’t lose 6 for dick all, and then we lost two sessions today to rain and one tomorrow would you say Paine made the right call?

What?

Are you legit asking if I would say exactly what I'm saying now?

Obviously I would?

I’m not saying it’s the wrong call to make but to deny him the opportunity in the touch he was displaying I’d have let it ride and backed the bowlers to take 20 straight, rain or not
I tend to agree. So many times we see teams bat on just so someone can get a century. Setting a world record is a much rarer event.

84 Baby

Referee
What?

Are you legit asking if I would say exactly what I'm saying now?

Obviously I would?
I changed it slightly. If the match rained out from here, other than the fact you hate Warner, you’d be like “oops my bad Dave”?

Bazal

Post Whore
I changed it slightly. If the match rained out from here, other than the fact you hate Warner, you’d be like “oops my bad Dave”?

What? My opinion on Warner has nothing to do with it, and you've now shifted from three sessions to the match being washed out.

You're asking me, already of the opinion that Paine made the right call, if I would consider that call right in a circumstance that makes it even more of a right call...

Eelogical

Referee
What? My opinion on Warner has nothing to do with it, and you've now shifted from three sessions to the match being washed out.

You're asking me, already of the opinion that Paine made the right call, if I would consider that call right in a circumstance that makes it even more of a right call...
Paine should have sent it upstairs.

84 Baby

Referee

You want to claim that there’s a really specific amount of time of rain that puts a risk to getting a result above batting on but below just batting on because the chance of result is too low anyway, but also Paine is correct under all circumstances? And question the accuracy of forecasts.
Anyway it’s all moot now

Eelogical

Referee
You want to claim that there’s a really specific amount of time of rain that puts a risk to getting a result above batting on but below just batting on because the chance of result is too low anyway, but also Paine is correct under all circumstances? And question the accuracy of forecasts.
Anyway it’s all moot now
I read this several times but came to the conclusion that there's nothing like some moot.