What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

strider

Post Whore
Surely we should just bat out the match from here. Completely demoralise the poms and f**k up their bowlers (who are the biggest twats in their team). Imagine the chaffage they’d have after 3 and bit days of bowling
I may not have been entirely serious

Gronk

Staff member
So I saw the other day one of the Poms (maybe the wiki) was using a raw bat with no stickers. One of the commentators mentioned it and the other said that perhaps he was holding out for the best offer.

So does that mean that whilst Smith has puma on his bat the it could be a hand made bat from a merkin in Yorkshire with just puma stickers on it ?

So I saw the other day one of the Poms (maybe the wiki) was using a raw bat with no stickers. One of the commentators mentioned it and the other said that perhaps he was holding out for the best offer.

So does that mean that whilst Smith has puma on his bat the it could be a hand made bat from a merkin in Yorkshire with just puma stickers on it ?
I believe so. Clarke did pretty much the same thing. Although I think Smith might have been with them awhile so they've probably got someone who knows how to make his bat.

Yeah the best players have a bat shaper that will make their bats to how they like them and then they will sticker it up to suit their sponsor.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
No cricket expert, so do we just keep on batting for as long as we can ? Try to get enough runs to win in one inns ?

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
No cricket expert, so do we just keep on batting for as long as we can ? Try to get enough runs to win in one inns ?

Pretty much.

A lead of anything over 200 is pretty much game over; it would mean the Poms have to score 200, and then score an extra 150-200 runs to get a lead (effectively making them score 300-400) to try to win.

The Poms have shown they cannot put back-to-back big scores up, so a lead of 200+ is goodnight, Irene, imo.