What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate Manly

t-ba

Post Whore
You should note comments from your own executives in the last 10 years. "Yep, we had nothing", "we were broke" etc etc. Everyone knew it.

Your biggest asset was Arko. Without him, you were dead.

the Bears put the money into the JV which helped you survive.

Manly, Unlike North Sydney, were always capable of paying their debts as they fell due. You need to stop lying about Manly's financial state a decade ago. Parlous, certainly, but insolvent, no.

We'll never know whether Manly could have stood alone. It seems as though every other basket case club that made the cut survived so I have little doubt Manly would have too. The clubs impressive rise from pauper to one of the wealthiest clubs in Sydney would indicate that something would have always been done to keep Manly afloat.

So, in summation,stop engaging in defamation and stick to making up accumulators that vindicate your posting habits.

Noa

First Grade
Get you facts right!

R4 Brisbane 12 (2-2-0) 14 (2-3-0) L 08-Apr-1990 Lang Graham Annesley 21807
R1 Brisbane 2 (0-1-0) 12 (2-2-0) L 15-Mar-1991 Lang Greg McCallum 25126
R20 Brisbane 10 (1-3-0) 22 (3-5-0) L 14-Aug-1992 Lang Eddie Ward 25867
R11 Brisbane 18 (3-3-0) 4 (1-0-0) W 14-Jun-1996 QE_II Paul McBlane 19837
R1 Brisbane 6 (0-3-0) 22 (3-5-0) L 13-Mar-1998 QE_II Bill Harrigan 39109
R6 South Queensland 14 (2-3-0) 6 (1-1-0) W 28-Apr-1996 Lang Neil Almond 15202
R4 South Queensland 36 (7-4-0) 16 (2-4-0) W 29-Mar-1997 Lang Sean Hampstead 9147

Bad Noa.

Sorry I should have specified before SL broke. Manly had to endure a trip to brisbane 4x in 7 years. How big of them.

gong_eagle

First Grade
No, loser.
I hedged it by having Hawks into Anthony Kim top 5 in PGA tournament into Storm winning GF.

It now means I make more money if Storm wins - which is great - because the backing of Manly made me intellectually and morally ill.

your so unbelievably full of sh*t its laughable
Tosser of the highest order

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Bad Noa.

Sorry I should have specified before SL broke. Manly had to endure a trip to brisbane 4x in 7 years. How big of them.

Only 1 of those 4 games against the Broncos is post SL. The Broncos only played at Brookie 6 times in the same period. It's hardly a huge difference.

The home/away record is now tied up at 13 each. Broncos 15 wins, Manly 13 and 1 draw. If you chuck in the horrible joint venture to the H/A mix, the Broncos have 16 home games to 15 (1 in CC) advantage.

I might add that since Manly's return, Brisbane have played at Brookie 3 times to 6 at Suncorp

f**k Noa. I live in Brisbane. I like my team playing up here... ;-) Especially lately!

mave

Coach
1. true
2. true
3. reds?
4. wanker

1. true
2. true
3. YES
4. Sorry mate, but until the majority of Bears fans stop blaming Manly for the Bears' demise they will get no support from me.

I actually hate the Bears now. I used to have the rivallry thing happening and "love to hate them" but since the JV collapsed I loathe the Bears with a passion. Only due to the absolute lies and propaganda sprouted by Bears fans all over. The main people to blame for the death of the Bears is the Bears' board.

Last edited:

fat joe

Juniors
The main people to blame for the death of the Bears is the Bears' board.

Thank you. People seem to conveniently ignore the fact Norths did try to engineer a takeover by stacking the board with Norths men. They then seem surprised Manly didn't like the sound of this and got out of the JV...