What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate work

TooheysNew

Coach
Knightmare said:
Well of course they have to make money- they're a business. You don't honestly think if they had more inflluence they would lower prices to be competitive? I remember about 6 years ago when the new caltex opened just next to the Mobil near where I used to live, both servo's kept lowering their prices to get more customers. You can't believe everything you see on ACA.
Someone doesn't know what they're talking about. Try cross-referencing sources smart arse.

The price increase is not passed on that quick. The price of oil import is still the same it was before the Hurricane. The reason the prices of petrol are increasing is because the companies see a way to make a quick dollar on the back of the Hurricane.

They are making people think that the price rise is due to the Hurricane, when in actual fact any such price rise would not be incurred for much longer. All the extra money they are charging goes straight in their pocket.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Get use to it Unit, i went through it for ages then i just quit to take up a less stressfull job.

I hate wannabe milfs in Terrigal

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
im more than use to it, ive had 5 years of these sh*thouse hours!

Nuffs

Bench
Dilmah said:
The price increase is not passed on that quick. The price of oil import is still the same it was before the Hurricane. The reason the prices of petrol are increasing is because the companies see a way to make a quick dollar on the back of the Hurricane.

They are making people think that the price rise is due to the Hurricane, when in actual fact any such price rise would not be incurred for much longer. All the extra money they are charging goes straight in their pocket.

they were telling us weeks ago that there was going to be an increase. it's showing now

now they're saying there will another price increase due to hurricane katrina. we'll see that in a couple of weeks

TooheysNew

Coach
Which is exactly what i'm trying to say. The current increase isn't a direct result of the Hurricane.

The Colonel

Immortal
Knightmare said:
Wrong, Hurricane Katrina is to blame. Remember late last year, when oild prices took the biggest dive they had in 3 years, fuel prices dropped suddenly then as well. It's all relative, and I would expect prices to fall after this recent spike.

Wrong, I spent 6 years working is service stations at one job or another. It is being used as an excuse. Current fuel supplies shouldn't be effected by the oil price increase for at three or four weeks.

Nuffs

Bench
Dilmah said:
Which is exactly what i'm trying to say. The current increase isn't a direct result of the Hurricane.

and i'm backing you up!! *crazy*

it's the other flip that's stupid

i hate the forums!!!!!

Timbo

Staff member
I hate being a first year apprentice.

Anyone who's ever done this can attest to how much fun it is.

I hate that I have to work 7 days a week in two jobs now (well 6 plus Tafe day) because my apprentice wages are not enough to keep me going.

My only respite is my company is low on work at the moment so I've got time off...But soon I'll be back being the on site slave.

shadow grinder

First Grade
madunit said:
I hate how all the bosses and managers at my work never give credit to anyone for doing something good, but will bust your balls the second you think something bad

but isnt that what you get paid to do? good things..not bad

Dilmah said:
No it's not. It's called profiteering.

It's where they make money because naive people accept it.

Dunno what non-naive people can do about it. It is not like one brand of petrol is cheaper than another.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
shadow grinder said:
but isnt that what you get paid to do? good things..not bad
yes, we all do great things at work, but never get any thanks or recognition for it, but when someone even has a slightly negative thought about their job they get hauled over coals for it.

I wouldn't mind the strictness so much if they actually gave credit where it's due. All they are doing is putting fear into the employees, thus creating a negative work environment, which causes people to leave making life even harder still for the existing staff.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Colonel said:
Wrong, I spent 6 years working is service stations at one job or another. It is being used as an excuse. Current fuel supplies shouldn't be effected by the oil price increase for at three or four weeks.

you'd think so but thats not how they control hte porices

they base their prices on the replacement cost not the cost that it was when they buy it from the wholesalers

thats why it can go up and done a few times a week as the overseas OPEC prices go up and down

Knightmare

Coach
Nuffs said:
they were telling us weeks ago that there was going to be an increase. it's showing now

now they're saying there will another price increase due to hurricane katrina. we'll see that in a couple of weeks

But that still doesn't explain why it would also drop so suddenly when the oild price drops, like it did last year and even earlier this year. I guess it works both ways.

lolesi

First Grade
I like my job, i work with my mates, and we work pretty hard, but we also have a good time doing it, have the radio on etc, time goes quick and the boss lets us do our thing becuase he knows we will get it done and at the end of the day our work area is always clean!

I have work again tomorrow and im not upset!