What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know I've done the right thing - Sonny Bill

hutch

First Grade
Oh yeah, international rugby league, the pinnacle.

Earth to moron. No such thing as international rugby league.

The world cup is a joke.

another fat nerdy unionite getting paranoid because rugby league has finally started to get its act together internationally.

there is certainly such thing as international rugby league. it may not be as big as some sports globally, but it is certainly bigger than a lot of others. sit back and admire the greatest game of all continue to grow around the world champ!

smeghead

Bench
So you think we should lynch SBW too? I thought you were smarter than that.

Lynch?? What a flight of fancy.

I think he should be sued for breaching contract and it should force the NRL to make contracts a watertight agreement unles both parties agree to dissolve the commercial relationship.

You can go on about an unfair contract but the facts remain it was made that length at his behest and he broke it knowing full well the implications.

The ones I truly feel for are those team mates who considered him a friend who were betrayed by the fellow without so much as a sorry or personal discussion with any of them.

To run away like a sheepish scared little boy in the night speaks volumes about his true character in direct opposition to the media image that impartial, paid mouthpieces like Puddin Head tried to put out there

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
another fat nerdy unionite getting paranoid because rugby league has finally started to get its act together internationally.

there is certainly such thing as international rugby league. it may not be as big as some sports globally, but it is certainly bigger than a lot of others. sit back and admire the greatest game of all continue to grow around the world champ!

FMD. As a league fan I feel embarrassed watching international rugby league. How do you think the Russians will fare at the world cup?

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Lynch?? What a flight of fancy.

I think he should be sued for breaching contract and it should force the NRL to make contracts a watertight agreement unles both parties agree to dissolve the commercial relationship.

You can go on about an unfair contract but the facts remain it was made that length at his behest and he broke it knowing full well the implications.

The ones I truly feel for are those team mates who considered him a friend who were betrayed by the fellow without so much as a sorry or personal discussion with any of them.

To run away like a sheepish scared little boy in the night speaks volumes about his true character in direct opposition to the media image that impartial, paid mouthpieces like Puddin Head tried to put out there

Do you think forcing someone to play out their career at 1/3 their value is good man management?

smeghead

Bench
Do you think forcing someone to play out their career at 1/3 their value is good man management?

:lol: Do you think the NRL cowtowing to the demands of prima donnas at the expense of the games development is good company management??

Not to mention that the NRl were in all likelihood going to review the 3rd part payments system in the wake of Gasnier leaving.

If it wasn't money the other excuse for Money Bill were his statements that he wanted the club to consult him on club decisions. Clearly a case for mine of a man who believed he was the Bulldogs and not part of a team

Last edited:

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
:lol: Do you think the NRL cowtowing to the demands of prima donnas at the expense of the games development is good company management??

Not to mention that the NRl were in all likelihood going to review the 3rd part payments system in the wake of Gasnier leaving.

If it wasn't money the other excuse for Money Bill were his statements that he wanted the club to consult him on club decisions. Clearly a case for mine of a man who believed he was the Bulldogs and not part of a team
To what extent do you think that third part agreements are going to work. Is there enough money out there to make a difference?

smeghead

Bench
I added extra to that post since you quoted it.

The NRL should not let them walk. They should for once be a governing body with a backbone and enforce all agreements across the board. THEY set the groundwork for this by crawling up the backside of one A. Johns when he dabbled with the idea of Union. They made an exception to all rules if they deemed you good enough or important enough for the game

smeghead

Bench
To what extent do you think that third part agreements are going to work. Is there enough money out there to make a difference?

They would work very well. To think that Sonny is worth to Rugby League the amount he is touted to be receiving via his defection is ludicrous at best.

I wonder if Sonny realises the amount of any payment he recieves that he will actually lose through the NZ tax system for monies earned in EU nations

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
smeg, don't feed the troll, seriously. He's getting the reaction he wants. Probably doesn't even believe what he's saying...

salivor

First Grade
So the NRL should just let all it's stars walk out on their contracts SaveTheChildren? They should just raise the white flag, bend over and invite French Rugby Union to rape us no questions asked, no fight put up? That seems to be the message you're promoting here.

salivor

First Grade
No. They should let them walk.

Hence why you're probably on the dole. That's not how you run a company. You have a great commodity like SBW under lock and key for another 4 years and you just let him walk? There's kids running lemonade stands with more business nous than you.