What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know I've done the right thing - Sonny Bill

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There are no prizes for taking the moral high ground here.

And you show your clear lack of understanding of the situation and just what this fool has done by not constructively replying.

I don't even think you understand how morally reprehensible it is what Sonny's done.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The guy's a coward and it's very very rare I ever say that about a RL player. For all Gasnier's faults at least he had the koohunas to front the fans , club and media. SBW has just slunk away into the night, a cowardly dog act from someone who I would have expected more from. It shows that he has no regard, and places no value on, those that have got him to where he is today. The character of the man is seriously flawed, but then again I guess the signs of that have been there for some time.

Shorty

Staff member
STC At the very least Sonny has broken contract....if you do not rock up to your job and you have signed a contract you will be reprimanded.
Even if the boss is an *sshole and you hate working there,there is a right way to go about things and a wrong way.
Sonny Bill has done the latter.

Timmah

Staff member
STC At the very least Sonny has broken contract....if you do not rock up to your job and you have signed a contract you will be reprimanded.
Even if the boss is an *sshole and you hate working there,there is a right way to go about things and a wrong way.
Sonny Bill has done the latter.

Couldn't have said it better.

Anyone defending the method of this treachery, whatever the reason, needs their head read. There is simply no recourse for his actions.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
And you show your clear lack of understanding of the situation and just what this fool has done by not constructively replying.

I don't even think you understand how morally reprehensible it is what Sonny's done.

It doesn't matter whether what Sonny has done is morally reprehensible.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Couldn't have said it better.

Anyone defending the method of this treachery, whatever the reason, needs their head read. There is simply no recourse for his actions.
I am not suggesting what Sonny has done is very nice. It is just the inevitable result of using contractual force to hold players that are no longer in our league financially.

Timmah

Staff member
It doesn't matter whether what Sonny has done is morally reprehensible.

:lol: That'll do me. From the standpoint of fans, his teammates, organisations including charities he's let down - it has everything to do with it.

As for the reasons behind his decision - clearly you're here to do nothing more than sh*tstir, and as such have failed to read any posts responding to your blind, non-factual and ridiculous claims which outline the story behind his contract and as such you don't deserve a further response. I will be placing you on ignore and I am strongly suggesting other members here do the same.

Dragons84

Juniors
If I employed someone who was not happy, and I paid them a sh*t load to do what they do and they were not working to their full potential because their heart was not in it then i will let them go. Simple.

What SBW did was not wrong, the WAY he went about doing it was just stupid.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
If I employed someone who was not happy, and I paid them a sh*t load to do what they do and they were not working to their full potential because their heart was not in it then i will let them go. Simple.

hear hear

Timmah

Staff member

You really need your head read buddy.

If his heart wasn't in it and he came to the club and said so, and the negotiations to release him happened then fine. We can get upset that way but he's used the right avenues and done it properly.

This way, he wasn't "let go" - he pissed off in the dark of night without telling ANYONE. What he did was wrong and there is NO escaping that. Wake up to yourself.

Ribs

Bench

If his heart wasn't in it and he came to the club and said so, and the negotiations to release him happened then fine. We can get upset that way but he's used the right avenues and done it properly.

This way, he wasn't "let go" - he pissed off in the dark of night without telling ANYONE. What he did was wrong and there is NO escaping that. Wake up to yourself.

I must have missed something....... is all this still because SBW walked out the dogs or did he kill three people at the airport on the way out?

FFS tissue companies are doing a killing today.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors

Losing support are we?