What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know I've done the right thing - Sonny Bill

Did anyone see Dunny Bill on the Footy show the other night? They had some competition for Junior Footy teams to win a day with Sonny Bill to help them train. Can't remember the exact details but a team in the country won it. Orange or somewhere like that? Anyway, when Fatty said to Sonny, "you'll be off to help these kids in a couple of weeks" he had a real strange look on his face. Now that I think back to it, you could tell he had a pretty good idea that he'd never be going. Looked like he was upset to be defrauding a bunch of kids. The bloke is a tool of the highest order.

Johns Magic

Referee
If his heart wasn't in it and he came to the club and said so, and the negotiations to release him happened then fine. We can get upset that way but he's used the right avenues and done it properly.

You don't think that's exactly what he's been trying to do these last couple of months? There's been talk of him trying to get out of his contract for a long time now. It was quite obvious the Bulldogs just flat out refused.

Kiki

First Grade
this seriously makes me blood boil. do you think SBW has any idea of how much he is hated now?? he will literally never be able to come back to Sydney without being stoned in the street.

*picks up rock*

*aims for his face*

Shorty

Staff member
this seriously makes me blood boil. do you think SBW has any idea of how much he is hated now?? he will literally never be able to come back to Sydney without being stoned in the street.

*picks up rock*

*aims for his face*
:lol:

Yeah he's done a very stupid thing.
Because he's not actually played Rugby before and this is something that a lot of other code jumpers have in common(they've played Rugby in their earlier years).

I mean look at the way Sonny Bill tackles,that's illegal in Union...
I'm assuming these French clubs are fairly fickle and if he goes over there and sucks at it I'm sure they won't have any problem telling him where to go once his contract is done.
And where will he go then? Nobody else in that code will want to pay for an injury prone player that can't actually play Rugby...

I guess he could go over to the ESL..

SaveTheChildren

Juniors

*picks up rock*

*aims for his face*

Haven't the school holidays finished?

Kiki

First Grade
yes but they let me use the computer in class. being in year 9 is awesome!

I wouldn't do anthing like that Kiki.

If I saw him in the street, I'd just say "Hey, aren't you Billy Hill, the famous Swans player?"

bahaha..that would kill him.

shorty i didnt know about his tackling style being illegal. thats gonna be tough for him. something tells me he isnt a very fast learner.

Ribs

Bench

Because he's not actually played Rugby before and this is something that a lot of other code jumpers have in common(they've played Rugby in their earlier years).

I'm assuming these French clubs are fairly fickle and if he goes over there and sucks at it I'm sure they won't have any problem telling him where to go once his contract is done.
And where will he go then? Nobody else in that code will want to pay for an injury prone player that can't actually play Rugby...

He'd probably be the most devastating inside centre in the world until he perfected the forward positioning....... the centres are the safest switch.

Freak2

Juniors
If I see SBW's in the street in 5 to 10 years time I might just shake his hand!

His actions might just be the best thing to happen to Rugby League in this country.

The Salary Cap is officially dead (along with many clubs) and Rugby League will be better for it.

If I see SBW's in the street in 5 to 10 years time I might just shake his hand!

His actions might just be the best thing to happen to Rugby League in this country.

The Salary Cap is officially dead (along with many clubs) and Rugby League will be better for it.

All 16 clubs will be playing this weekend.

Which ones are officially dead?

hutch

First Grade
SBW has achieved all there is in league,

possibly the stupidest comment ever posted on these forums. i havnt seen sonny win a world cup with nz, a tri nations with nz, i dont even know if he has won a test against australia. he hasnt captained his club or country, he hasnt started in a gf and he hasnt even nearly fulfilled his unlimited potential. go back to the union forums troll.

hutch

First Grade

mate he is an elite rugby league player. that means he is already better than 98% of union players out there at rugby union, without ever actually having played the sport.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
possibly the stupidest comment ever posted on these forums. i havnt seen sonny win a world cup with nz, a tri nations with nz, i dont even know if he has won a test against australia. he hasnt captained his club or country, he hasnt started in a gf and he hasnt even nearly fulfilled his unlimited potential. go back to the union forums troll.

Oh yeah, international rugby league, the pinnacle.

Earth to moron. No such thing as international rugby league.

The world cup is a joke.

Latest posts