What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know I've done the right thing - Sonny Bill

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
I'm going to tell you again STC.
Contract - Broken - Not on.

I'm not sure you're getting it but a few hours on the internet and wikipedia may open your eyes a little.
Because in the general scheme of things,when someone breaks a contract....it's illegal!

We aren't talking about the laws of physics mate. These laws are there to be broken. You try and force a bloke to play out his career on a 1/3 his value and he will break the law.

It doesn't matter that it is illegal.

fred_knight

Juniors
you are a tosser save the children, just one of these tools who will go against the grain of normal society just to be a hero, "look at me i am different" you are not special, you are not different, you are just plain and simply a di*khead

Dragons84

Juniors
He is reffering to SBW wanting a 5yr deal on the basis of Canterbury doctor telling him he only has 5yrs left in his knee if he is lucky.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Begin by answering this.

Do you think SBW did the right thing signing a 5 year contract? Do you think he got good advice?

No, you're answering the questions. How did Gavin Orr or the Bulldogs RLFC trick or use him in regards to his signing a 5 year contract.

I can see you have no answers dancing gums, try another one.

Timmah

Staff member
It was brought up in the Sunday Roast video

You'll find the information relayed on the Sunday Roast indicated that his father recommended he sign a longer contract. HE agreed to it, nobody forced his hand - now he's made his bed - he must lie in it. How can you defend this persons actions?

It's been said ad nauseum in this thread by both myself and others - Orr and the Bulldogs BOTH were after a 3 year contract.

fred_knight

Juniors
Begin by answering this.

Do you think SBW did the right thing signing a 5 year contract? Do you think he got good advice?

Who gives a toss, he is old and ugly enough to decide that, and the advice he got was from his old man anyway..so your question is....wait for it....IRRELEVANT

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
No, you're answering the questions. How did Gavin Orr or the Bulldogs RLFC trick or use him in regards to his signing a 5 year contract.

I can see you have no answers dancing gums, try another one.

Any club would have KILLED to sign SBW. His manager let him go ahead and sign his life away. That is disgraceful. Canterbury should have been big enough to stand by their 3 years max. No wonder they didn't offer him 5. They would have scarcely been able to believe it. Must have thought they won lotto.

Timmah

Staff member
Any club would have KILLED to sign SBW. His manager let him go ahead and sign his life away. That is disgraceful. Canterbury should have been big enough to stand by their 3 years max. No wonder they didn't offer him 5. They would have scarcely been able to believe it. Must have thought they won lotto.

You're barely making sense. Take a bex and lie down.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
You'll find the information relayed on the Sunday Roast indicated that his father recommended he sign a longer contract. HE agreed to it, nobody forced his hand - now he's made his bed - he must lie in it. How can you defend this persons actions?

It's been said ad nauseum in this thread by both myself and others - Orr and the Bulldogs BOTH were after a 3 year contract.

And they should have stuck to their guns irrespective of SBW dads' advice. Pushing it to 5 was beyond greedy. If he didn't feel like his contract would never end - I doubt this situation would have arose.

fred_knight

Juniors

Dude, seriously, do you not listen, or are you friggin stupid? the 5 years was under the advice of his dad..NOT GAVIN OR CANTERBURY, the were prepared to offer him 3 years, SBW, Dad and DOC wanted 5..what the fu&k did you want canterbury to do..say no!!!! you $hit is getting old and boirng lad....

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Dude, seriously, do you not listen, or are you friggin stupid? the 5 years was under the advice of his dad..NOT GAVIN OR CANTERBURY, the were prepared to offer him 3 years, SBW, Dad and DOC wanted 5..what the fu&k did you want canterbury to do..say no!!!! you $hit is getting old and boirng lad....

Of course they should have said no. The contract is offered by Canterbury - not his father.

Timmah

Staff member
And they should have stuck to their guns irrespective of SBW dads' advice. Pushing it to 5 was beyond greedy. If he didn't feel like his contract would never end - I doubt this situation would have arose.

He went ahead and signed despite the advice of Gavin and the Bulldogs. He signed. He made the decision - he is the one who should be taking responsibility for his actions.

I'm going to the game now, have your fun. You're an idiot.