What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really miss Vossy

roofromoz

First Grade
But surely he's still a better option that Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay... as tedious that sounds.

eozsmiles

Bench
MG is such a f**king moron. I wish I had a special button on my remote to cut out everything he says. Anything that comes out of his mouth is just painful. He's an absolute moron. I realize that morons are the majority of our fan base, but surely we could could get a better moron than him.

Classic style over substance. Apparently he appeals to the fan base (I'm not certain how many?) so the bosses don't give a toss what he says. I don't hear/see him on TV or radio but I follow him on twitter. He's quick to jump on a bandwagon or to a conclusion.

Green River Eel

Juniors
Voss is an arrogant wanker, nfi about RL, never had the balls to play either rugby code, hated in the industry, will argue with the likes of Andrew Johns about the finer points of the game and laugh at him if he doesnt agree, the blokes a tool, there is a reason why he is so disliked by the guys that have worked with him, the less of Voss i have to see the better.

insert.pause

First Grade
I bet there is a correlation between ratings decline and when they got rid of vossy.

They had a real good thing to with the sunday roast, it use to regularly rate around 170k, I doubt they touch that now in its current pathetic format.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I can't think of anyone calling league who does more research and knows more about the game than Voss. If you include journos Mascord would be in the conversation.

But to claim Vossy doesn't know anything and has no passion for it is ridiculous.

ram raid

Bench
I can't think of anyone calling league who does more research and knows more about the game than Voss. If you include journos Mascord would be in the conversation.

But to claim Vossy doesn't know anything and has no passion for it is ridiculous.

Yes.

And he's also funny.

Used to think vossy was a dick but the passion he showed for the recent RLWC really brought me around. Need more journos like vossy, mascord and Melinda Farrell who genuinely love the game.

ram raid

Bench
Vossy must have a weird relationship with his brother. I've head him say numerous times that AFL is a horrible and ugly sport.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Used to think vossy was a dick but the passion he showed for the recent RLWC really brought me around. Need more journos like vossy, mascord and Melinda Farrell who genuinely love the game.

Agreed.

I remember him and the pommy bloke calling the matches at the World Cup and everytime it was an American scoring or a Scotsman scoring theyd give you more info on the player and say something like. "Great try and theres no doubt they'll be cheering back home in Boston". I thought overall the commentary during the World Cup was great.

As for Mascord, he's just about the only jurno who's really passionate about our International game. He was only saying the other day, that he cant wait for soak up the atmosphere at Penrith for the Fiji/Samoa game and mentioned he's been to places like Beruit, Hawaii, Philippines, Disneyland, just for Rugby League games.

Diesel

Referee
I wonder if 9 will take Sky NZ's feed for the Bulldogs/Warriors game and gave Vossy commentate?

oikee

Juniors
It is those two maggots Gidgel and Eddie who conspire to bring rugby league down.

Everyone knows Voss is the best in Australia, if not the World after the favourable reports we had from everyone at the world Cup in England.

He is too good, and the afl loving channel nine dont want our code to thrive in a market where we thrive.
TV

So they sacked Vossy so league would take another TV deal to stagnate and allow AFL to further corrupt the female viewers of Australia.

???? Yes it is a weird theory, but i believe every word.
Vossy Rocks.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I wonder if 9 will take Sky NZ's feed for the Bulldogs/Warriors game and gave Vossy commentate?

Probably not.

Ch 9 did a Warriors game last year in New Zealand. Neither Rabs or Hadley made the trip so they got Mat Thompson to call the game.

Latest posts