What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I smell Soward just around the corner....

gronkathon

First Grade
It's not nice to imply that because Soward is Aboriginal that you can smell him from around the corner.

For Shame :)

ANTiLAG

First Grade
It's not nice to imply that because Soward is Aboriginal that you can smell him from around the corner.

For Shame :)

1) I am a fan of Soward
2) "Smell round the corner" is an expression of speech
2) This thread was started before the racial insensitivty row
3) I am against Joey's comments
4) I am against racism

evil_p091280

Juniors
Soward got the highest % of votes on the DT fans poll picking the blues team for game 3.

Let's hope the selectors read it..,

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
In a newspaper, printed in Sydney with Soward playing for one of the most popular team in Sydney.

Nathan Merrit also made the team I believe.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
It was a very good team that the DT poll produced, certainly better than the one the nsw selectors came up with.

Still, I'd personally go with campese over soward especially when you have hayne chiming in from fullback.

evil_p091280

Juniors
In a newspaper, printed in Sydney with Soward playing for one of the most popular team in Sydney.

What does the"printed in Sydney" have to do with anything? Was an Internet poll...

You being townist???

A couple of weeks ago they did a similar poll and he was 4th (I think). I think that the fans just want someone young and exciting.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Exactly, I dont think the majority of fans have a general idea of what the hell is going on. They only know what they know from one or two media sources. At least people on this website get information from various sources and most have some sort of connection to the game and also understand that most if not all media is biased and agenda driven garbage.

If it was up to the fans, Newtown would still be here and Melbourne wouldnt.

mrpwnd

Bench
It was a very good team that the DT poll produced, certainly better than the one the nsw selectors came up with.

Still, I'd personally go with campese over soward especially when you have hayne chiming in from fullback.

Don't get me wrong here I really like Campo's work with the Raiders but I just don't think he establishes a consistent 80 minute effort like Soward does.
By that i don't mean constant line break and try assists, you look at Soward's game and theres a constant tempo in the way he moves the dragons around and thats been the biggest asset for the dragons so far.
This is where NSW really suffer for, we need a really mobile and energetic 5/8 like Soward taking control of the game with a supporting halfback like Pearce coming in as 2nd reciever.

FastEddie

Juniors
And lots of people voted for Kevin Rudd
The problem with democracy is that even brain dead spastics get a vote
It's a fatally flawed system

Bumble

First Grade

We could do a lot worse than pick a winger that has scored 20 tries a year since 2006 in a rubbish team (and 13 halfway through the year in a decent one)

Mind you we could also do a lot worse than give Soward a go in a dead rubber...

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
The best chance NSW have is keeping it a low scoring game and pulling out the winning try when the pressure is on as the game winds down. They don't need flair in attack like Jennings and Champion they just need to try and grind it out and limit QLD. With Jennings, Champion etc ... NSW will always lose a shoot out.

How's this been working out for you?

Big Pete

Referee
Soward should make it...next year.

He needs to prove himself in the finals before he gets a shot IMO.

Potentially though, he could be a long term option at five eigth.

mrpwnd

Bench
You know, before we even think about any kind of halves options
we need to work on the forward pack.
We could steal Lockyer and Thurston and still lose because our forwards suck that much

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Soward should have been brought in for game 3 last year instead of the old farts kimmorley and barrett. i think soward or campese deserve a shot but theres no point putting them in for 1 game and dropping them next year unless their form absolutely sucks