What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I smell Soward just around the corner....

chills74

Juniors
So Soawrd needs finals experience (or at least more) - but the likes of Jennings, Morris, Morris, Weyman, Pearce don't - that makes sense! Oh that's right, he plays for the 'chokers' so he must still need to prove himself.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pick him as I don't think he is physically upto it - Thaiday would rag doll him once and that would be it - I'd go for Campese or Carney - players who also don;t have finals experience BTW

typicalfan

Coach
So Soawrd needs finals experience (or at least more) - but the likes of Jennings, Morris, Morris, Weyman, Pearce don't - that makes sense! Oh that's right, he plays for the 'chokers' so he must still need to prove himself.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pick him as I don't think he is physically upto it - Thaiday would rag doll him once and that would be it - I'd go for Campese or Carney - players who also don;t have finals experience BTW
No Soward needs to prove he can lift his game in the big games. He went missing at the end of the year when he needed to step up. Players that can do this best make the best origin players. Look at Lockyer, Civoniceva, Cam Smith, Inglis, Thurston, Slater, Cronk etc. All have stood up in big games and are magnificent origin players.

Campese and Carney don't have finals experience so picking them means you do risk them not stepping up to the plate because you don't know whether they are big game players or not. Personally Todd Carney isn't ready imo while Campese is too inconsistent.