What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think i just saw the worst movie ever made.

pegson

Juniors
yeah i own the piece of dog shit. if i were you i would burn it and pay the fee for replacement to the video shop.

Alex28 said:
I'm kinda conflicted with the bad movie thing and associating particular actors with sh*t movies. There are 3 actors I normally associate with the phrase "awful movie", but they star in 3 of my favourite movies ever:

Jim Carrey - was brilliant in 'Eternal Sunshine For The Spotless Mind'. The sooner he realises he doesn't have to do slapstick movies and he has more range than just pulling stupid faces, the better. Maybe if he'd thought about that sooner he would have been nominated for an Academy Award this year...

Adam Sandler - I hate every one of his movies - all except for 'Punch-Drunk Love" in which the guy is fantastic. It kinda amazed me what range the guy has - shame he doesn't show any other range than 'stupid' most of the time...

Ben Stiller - OK...so you have probably realised I'm not a 'dumb comedy' kinda guy...why can't funny movies have a clever plot and decent acting? Why does hollywood think that audiences are so dumb that they will only get movies with stupid accents and rediculous plotlines? These films are Ben Stiller's speciality...but a few years ago he starred in a film called 'The Royal Tenenbaums' which is brilliant - but if anything he was the weak link in it...

And for the person who liked 'The Nugget' - it was embarrasingly awful...I lived in Mudgee at the time and drank a fair bit with Vince Colosimo while he was making it, and even then he realised it wasn't going to be a movie he'll be proud of...he was right!
if you liked adam sandler in punch drunk love you might also like Spanglish he plays it straight and gives a decent performance the story is good too, i won't give it away but the ending is unusual for a romantic movie

Narcissist

Juniors
The Royal Tenenbaums is a terrible movie, its up there with their new effort The Life Aquatic, dont give me that sophisticated comdey bullshit they both lack serious substance as comedies and movies. I watched The Life Aquatic on the recomendation of the fat kid at the candy bar, after the pain was over I confronted him about the shite I was just forced to watch and he kindly informed me "Oh really? I haven't seen it, is it shit?" :evil:

J-Man

Juniors
Hands down, the worst movie ever made is Dracula 3000, "starring" Coolio, Casper Van Dien, and that chick that was in Under Siege and Baywatch.

Misanthrope

Staff member
AvP still ranks up there, although I didn't find a lot of things to like about White Noise either.

Some more:

Maximum Overdrive- steven king makes a speech at the start and I never realised that he looks so much like Ian Rubin.

Weekend at Bernie's 2- A pathetic effort after the first one

Ernest Goes to Jail- See above

Maid in Manhattan- Any movie that tries to start the jokes early with a pun in the title obviously lacks starch.

While Plan 9 from outer space is often regarded as the worst movie ever made I thought it was hillarious in the same way those evil dead movies are funny.

carcharias

Immortal
I saw one on a plane a few months ago.
I dunno what it was called but it was f**king merkin house.

It had hillary swank in it ( young chubby blonde chick) her brother dies in a car crash but just before he dies he makes a video of his sister ( swank) and sends it to some school of the arts ...hang on ( cough vomit ...wipe mouth..vomit again... wipe again)

Oh I dunno what happened in the end , I suppose she got the boy and won the competition or some shite.

Don't watch the movie.

Its f**ked.

It may have been Hillary Duff .....????????????

who is swank?

j_tig

Juniors
carcharias said:
I saw one on a plane a few months ago.
I dunno what it was called but it was f***ing merkin house.

It had hillary swank in it ( young chubby blonde chick) her brother dies in a car crash but just before he dies he makes a video of his sister ( swank) and sends it to some school of the arts ...hang on ( cough vomit ...wipe mouth..vomit again... wipe again)

Oh I dunno what happened in the end , I suppose she got the boy and won the competition or some shite.

Don't watch the movie.

Its f***ed.

It may have been Hillary Duff .....????????????

who is swank?
i agree wholeheartedly. the movie in question is 'raise your voice' and it stars hillary duff, not hillary swank. terrible movie, boring and predictable!!!
swank was the lead actress in million dollar baby.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Plan 9 from Outer Space (or anything from Ed Wood, really) is in the 'so bad, it's good' category- much like a lot of 80's teen sex movies (Revenge of the Nerds/Porkies) and the Evil Dead movies (particularly Army of Darkness).

'Contact' would have to rate a mention.

Sun_Down

Juniors
Its kind of unfair to say all of that about Raise you Voice, granted I thought it was shit and will never see it again. Yes it was predictable, but its predictable for good reasons. It is a 'Disney' movie projected at kids and teens, mostly girls. And I would say that most of them loved Raise Your Voice. So I think it really did achieve what it set out to do, which was entertain a particular audience.

But, from my point of view, it was shit, just saying though, that I wasnt in their target audience.

skeepe

Immortal
Had to drag this thread up again after seeing a movie that tops everything mentioned here.

It's the NZ film "Tongan Ninja"

I know it's supposed to be a piss-take of other movies, but it is just so so bad. Unwatchable.

Van Helsing is pretty damn ordinary.

Waterworld is much worse than I remembered it being!

Any videogame-to-film adaptation is pants too. Even Jolie's massive bouncing breasts could not save Tomb Raider.

Latest posts