What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think i just saw the worst movie ever made.

Alex28

Coach
I'm kinda conflicted with the bad movie thing and associating particular actors with shit movies. There are 3 actors I normally associate with the phrase "awful movie", but they star in 3 of my favourite movies ever:

Jim Carrey - was brilliant in 'Eternal Sunshine For The Spotless Mind'. The sooner he realises he doesn't have to do slapstick movies and he has more range than just pulling stupid faces, the better. Maybe if he'd thought about that sooner he would have been nominated for an Academy Award this year...

Adam Sandler - I hate every one of his movies - all except for 'Punch-Drunk Love" in which the guy is fantastic. It kinda amazed me what range the guy has - shame he doesn't show any other range than 'stupid' most of the time...

Ben Stiller - OK...so you have probably realised I'm not a 'dumb comedy' kinda guy...why can't funny movies have a clever plot and decent acting? Why does hollywood think that audiences are so dumb that they will only get movies with stupid accents and rediculous plotlines? These films are Ben Stiller's speciality...but a few years ago he starred in a film called 'The Royal Tenenbaums' which is brilliant - but if anything he was the weak link in it...

And for the person who liked 'The Nugget' - it was embarrasingly awful...I lived in Mudgee at the time and drank a fair bit with Vince Colosimo while he was making it, and even then he realised it wasn't going to be a movie he'll be proud of...he was right!

Misanthrope

Staff member
My list could go on forever:
- Knock Off (Van Damn and David Spade, my God)
- AvP (my candidate for biggest sack of shit ever)
- Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
- Van Helsing
- Gothika (painfully predictable)
- Head of State (Chris Rock- DIE)
- Long Time Dead

I could keep going. I've seen so many movies in the last year alone, and so much shit. So very much.

Misanthrope

Staff member
And for the person who liked 'The Nugget' - it was embarrasingly awful.

Sad thing is, it's better than several others projects to come out of the Aussie industry later (Take Away and The Wannabes, for example).

Surely I'm not alone in saying 'The Mediterranean Descendant Boy' and 'Fat Pizza' were shithouse?

Kiwi

First Grade
huntress_555 said:
I've seen so many bad movies:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Seed of Chucky
Team America
The Grudge
The Village

and so on....

Team America, loved that movie, damn it was funny.

Kiwi

First Grade
:lol: :lol:

I own a fair few of the films mentioned in here

Battlefield Earth
AvP
The Rock
Con Air
Masters of the Universe
Face Off
Star Wars the Phantom Menace
Daredevil

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you want some culture, watch the worst piece of film ever.

Drowning By Numbers, its French, its arthouse, its f**ked in every conceivable way.

French people shouldn't be allowed to think. They should stick to mimes and crepes, THATS IT!

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Kiwi said:
:lol: :lol:

I own a fair few of the films mentioned in here

Battlefield Earth
AvP
The Rock
Con Air
Masters of the Universe
Face Off
Star Wars the Phantom Menace
Daredevil

I do too...and...
:oops: I like them! :oops:

Azkatro

First Grade
Hah! I have a new contender. Anybody here seen Shaolin Soccer? :lol: :lol: :lol:

bulldog

Bench
If you want some culture, watch the worst piece of film ever.

Drowning By Numbers, its French, its arthouse, its f***ed in every conceivable way.

Another crappy arthouse movie is Eraserhead, I still can't believe I watched it all.

the chronicles of riddick (what the hell was that about?)
the mexican (i HATED julia roberts whining character in that movie, if i was brad pitt in that scene in the car at the end i would have blown her head off i swear to god)
oceans twelve (julia again, she impersonates HERSELF come on!)

Nuke

Staff member
My number 1 all time worst ever movie would have to be 'DreamCatcher'. I have never even considered walking out on a movie before or since, but that one ... phwoar. What a stinker. I only stayed to see how it could possibly end. BAAAD DECISION! Friggin' genius ended up being a friendly alien that defeated the bad alien.

Prior to that one, there was a movie that I didn't think could be topped ... I was wrong! That movie was 'Fargo'.

Nuke

Staff member
I can't stand it. All that "Yah" from everyone.
It just didn't do it for me.

hrundi99

First Grade
Nuke said:
I can't stand it. All that "Yah" from everyone.
It just didn't do it for me.

It's the northern states accent.

It's entirely appropriate for the film.

Darth Bobo

The fact that it was based pretty damn closely to real events gave that movie an extra disturbing layer, Yah?

More than enough to help me get over the quirk in the speech Yah.