What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah and you're a moron buddy. Coming from a Bulldogs supporter whose team has a "history" of incidents far worse than this one. Pull your head in.

Are you f**king serious?

[furrycat]

Coach
CycloneSteve said:
Yeah and you're a moron buddy. Coming from a Bulldogs supporter whose team has a "history" of incidents far worse than this one. Pull your head in.

Doesn't take a genius to see he was being sarcastic, hence the use of a sarcasm emoticon.

punton

Juniors
Hold the phone you two bob watches intent on backing Johns up.

The prick has admitted (article yet to be sighted but the headline insinuates) he has been on the Keith Ruggs for 12 years.

If this is accurate, that means he should not have been in the game for 12 years.

There have been many talented blokes not see first grade or grade for that matter due to substance abuse.

How does a fat arsed brown trout get through the net when goldfish were caught?

Timmah

Staff member
Nook said:
We are talking about a young guy with a whole heap of talent and a whole heap of pressure on him who fell into a lifestyle which sucks in way too many.

I'm as dissapointed (franky, pissed off) as the next bloke but let's get a bit of perspective here. He is a dark style of a bloke, always has been. He's made some big mistakes and everything meaningful which he has achieved to this point in his life will be forever tarnished because of them. This is no more or less than he deserves - but having internet heroes lining up to put the boot in really is a bit much.

No boot here - just lost respect.

Dragon

Coach
People seem to be thinking this footy show interview will have some silver lining, i fear it may get worse if Johns is going to tell the whole truth.

Garts

Bench
Timmah said:
:lol:

August 30, 2007 is a sweet day in Raiduh's life :crazy:

In all seriousness the "pull your head in" crowd re: the depression?

Give me a f**king break. We're talking about a man who had the world at his feet and made the wrong decisions. He's lost the sympathy from me.

I held the same view regarding depression until I knew a few people affected by it. I do not understand why some people who seem to have it all going for them suffer it but it is a real condition!!!

Blaze

Juniors
Also I would be very careful with the whole

'Johns had the world at his feet, how could he be depressed'

It is a mental illness, and if he is indeed affected by it then we should wish him well in beating it.

I don't think you can dismiss a mental illness playing a part when we know so little about the whole situation..

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
CycloneSteve said:

i feel like ive read that atleast 10 times in this thread. he used a 'sarcasm' emoticon ffs.

squiddy

Juniors
Dragon said:
People seem to be thinking this footy show interview will have some silver lining, i fear it may get worse if Johns is going to tell the whole truth.

Well the footy show should rate well tonight anyway

Timmah

Staff member
Garts said:
I held the same view regarding depression until I knew a few people affected by it. I do not understand why some people who seem to have it all going for them suffer it but it is a real condition!!!

I know a number of people myself and sympathise with them - and I know their situations and how they became clinically depressed.

Joey made some pretty obvious poor choices under the pressure he had put on him - fair enough. But pulling out the depression vehicle hot on the heels of such an admission regarding drug use?

F**k him.

Hallatia

Referee
I know that we all lost respect for Joey because of the drugs, but does that really take away his years of service to the game of rugby league?

to be honest, I never really liked the bloke but I have respect for talent and the guy was a legend of rugby league

[furrycat]

Coach
Look, if he has depression, then its an illness and I feel sorry for the bloke.

But come on, he had a long time to consider getting help and it makes me wonder why no one tried to help him. He shouldn't have been playing for the past 12 years as far as I'm concerned now.

Nook

Bench
But pulling out the depression vehicle hot on the heels of such an admission regarding drug use?

F**k him.

Timing is also a question Timmah but I'd imagine that for a high profile male sportsperson admitting to having "depression" is about as difficult as admitting you have a drug problem.

Whether this is something that will be substantiated, we'll see.

squiddy

Juniors
I hope the guy gets help now because if he doesnt his life will spiral totally out of control with all this attention

Garts

Bench
Timmah said:
I know a number of people myself and sympathise with them - and I know their situations and how they became clinically depressed.

Joey made some pretty obvious poor choices under the pressure he had put on him - fair enough. But pulling out the depression vehicle hot on the heels of such an admission regarding drug use?

F**k him.

See the point, however it is not something alot of people want to admit and this was obviously the trigger to get him to admit to it (thats if it is true as it could be like the adhd we have heard of, rolled out when it is a benefit ;-) )