What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

gregstar said:
in light of this, can i have my deleted post restored in the other thread please.

i too would like my deleted post restored. this confession just proves my point

and if he has battled depression then i can understand him taking drugs and sympathize with him for that

RufusRex

Post Whore
i keep haing posts deleted for unfounded allegations .. hopefully this one is passable

I would like to know if the NRL ever tested him ....

If they didn't then why not?

If they did then there are two possible situations

1. TESTED NEGATIVE - if so then does the testing process need to be reviewed?
2. TESTED POSITIVE - if so then why were the results for such a high player never published?

Hallatia

Referee
Nook said:
Timing is also a question Timmah but I'd imagine that for a high profile male sportsperson admitting to having "depression" is about as difficult as admitting you have a drug problem.

Whether this is something that will be substantiated, we'll see.
Trescothic did it last year

CowMan

Juniors
they are getting deleted for a reason

iam sure most people that have posted here have had there posts deleted

The NRL trolls this Forum

macavity

Referee
wastedjoey.jpg

"imagine my surprise...."

Hallatia

Referee
Cowbittoh said:
they are getting deleted for a reason

iam sure most people that have posted here have had there posts deleted

The NRL trolls this Forum
what I had deleted was information I had on good authority, but I will find the appropriate referencing before trying to say it again

Nook

Bench
To be honest I've seen far worse photos of myself and other people when we've just been on the piss.

Sober, too.

drake

First Grade
I have had depression since my teens, I can honestly say that taking drugs in my late teens to early twenties made it much worse. Last thing you need when you're down is to crash after a high.
Johns is an example of a typical generation X jock with too much spare time and money.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Personally....I am shattered. The bloke I looked up to as a star football player has me confused now about my respect for him. On the one hand he was the greatest player I ever saw play but on the other has he rubbed all that out by the drugs admission.

On another note, all those who are coming on here and bagging the bloke for being a druggie I have this to say to you all: Andrew Johns came out and admitted it...
Glass houses people....glass houses.

innsaneink

Referee
LOL....my ol man used to tell me he knew I was gone when i used to get the old one eye closed, one barely opened...surprisingly thats the best way to focus when youre absolutely sh*tfaced.

Dragon

Coach
CycloneSteve said:
Personally....I am shattered. The bloke I looked up to as a star football player has me confused now about my respect for him. On the one hand he was the greatest player I ever saw play but on the other has he rubbed all that out by the drugs admission.

On another note, all those who are coming on here and bagging the bloke for being a druggie I have this to say to you all: Andrew Johns came out and admitted it....I would guess that 80-90% of players in the NRL are taking some form of drug. Be it alcohol, recreational, or performance enhancing.
Glass houses people....glass houses.

I get what your saying but he didnt exactly do it of his own admission, he was caught with drugs ffs and that has forced his hand. Who knows how long he wouldve kept the charade up if he wasnt caught? This line that 'hes a good bloke cuz he owned up' i dont buy it, he first lied now changes his story and its far worse than anyone expected.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
He shouldn't have been playing for the past 12 years as far as I'm concerned now.

You're a f**ken tard...do you think E or weed would actually improve his performance in any way?

Not to mention he is just confessing to something that probably about ~30-40% of NRL players do...

drake

First Grade
innsaneink said:
LOL....my ol man used to tell me he knew I was gone when i used to get the old one eye closed, one barely opened...surprisingly thats the best way to focus when youre absolutely sh*tfaced.
:lol: that's how I know it's time to pack up and go home, when I need to close one eye to read my watch.

gregstar

Referee
innsaneink said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

it has a name.

it's called "the sniper".