What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

gregstar

Referee
nathan brown & arse boil are still at my club.

i'm able to poke sh*t at any club anytime if they f*ck up.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BlacK_WhitE_N_BluE said:
Rip his grandstand down!

joeystand1.jpg

Dragon

Coach
themanonthehill said:
We would all be naiive if we didn't think a flash player at each club doesn't dabble. Fit, cashed up,partying footballers would be racking up on a model's abs and then nailing her. We'd all do the same in their positions. It's 2007, it's out there. Everyone is doing it. Bury your heads in the sand but I have had massive nights where i've just drank and massive nights where i've injested a tonne of class As. You feel way better the next day with the latter than the former

Thats all good and well mate, but the average guy in the street doesnt put on the 'great role model for kids' act knowing its bullsh*t. You love to get on it, fair enough, nobody cares. But people DO care when its their role model whos been living a lie, people feel decieved and are rightly pissed off.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Raider_69 said:
2007 - Refereeing blunders and the todd carney incident, canberra are debt free for karma also
Nah, sorry Raiduh, you're just an asshole when it comes to the Knights, so you and Canberra get double the dose of karma ;-)

NZ Warrior said:
We have a man, with a serious problem here. And some of you are joking about it all. There is nothing funny about it.

Some of you need to pull your heads in.

That's the truth of the matter.

Whilst he may have disappopinted a lot of people and yes I know he makes a lot of money and yes I know he is a role model etc etc. What we have here is a person whose life seems to be out of control and admitting you have issues that need addressing is the first step to recovery. Hopefully the NRL and Newcastle stick by him and show him some support because if he does come through this Andrew Johns may very well be someone down the track that be of great benefit as a speaker and guide to youths of Newcastle going through the same thing.

At the moment I'd prefer to look at him as a troubled human being rather then a drug cheating footballer(which he isn't anyway).

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jobdog said:
Nah, sorry Raiduh, you're just an asshole when it comes to the Knights

:lol: what can i say, its a talent of mine... guilty as charged! :lol:
I can now say johns is both a wanker and a junkie, without being banned :lol:
been waiting 5 years to be able to do that... :lol:

Garts

Bench
Southern Rooster said:
That's the truth of the matter.

Whilst he may have disappopinted a lot of people and yes I know he makes a lot of money and yes I know he is a role model etc etc. What we have here is a person whose life seems to be out of control and admitting you have issues that need addressing is the first step to recovery. Hopefully the NRL and Newcastle stick by him and show him some support because if he does come through this Andrew Johns may very well be someone down the track that be of great benefit as a speaker and guide to youths of Newcastle going through the same thing.

At the moment I'd prefer to look at him as a troubled human being rather then a drug cheating footballer(which he isn't anyway).

Exactly. He has done wrong however at least what he has done has only affected himself not like other players who have been off drink driving etc which put other lives at risk.

perverse

Referee
Raider_69 said:
:lol: what can i say, its a talent of mine... guilty as charged! :lol:
I can now say johns is both a wanker and a junkie, without being banned :lol:
been waiting 5 years to be able to do that... :lol:
eh you may be right.. but you're still a wanker.

squiddy

Juniors
Good on him for coming out and admitting it instead of hiding behind that stupid lie , doesnt hide the disapointment in him though .

I had actually heard rumours he wa sa bit of a stoner from the early days when he went away on surfing trips with the Newy surfers to Vietnam and the phillipines.

I think matty should take along look at himself now to , his performance a couple of weeks back on the Roast could certainly lead to suggestions he was either on something or still very drunk .

Now lets watch the idiots on the footy show defend him and say oh no its not his go !!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

August 30, 2007 is a sweet day in Raiduh's life :crazy:

In all seriousness the "pull your head in" crowd re: the depression?

Give me a f**king break. We're talking about a man who had the world at his feet and made the wrong decisions. He's lost the sympathy from me.

osg

Juniors
NZ Warrior said:
We have a man, with a serious problem here. And some of you are joking about it all. There is nothing funny about it.

ppffffttt. F**k that. Here is a man, who even now, is still a role model to thousnads and thousands of fans..... and subsequently pissed in their face essentially.

Andrew Johns has been a millionaire for many years, has had access to the best facilities and care if he WANTED it. His continuation of the drug taking over the following years smacks of weakness and a massive betrayal to his family.

Don't give me the woe is Joey line............ thats a cop out as well.

perverse

Referee
squiddy said:
Now lets watch the idiots on the footy show defend him and say oh no its not his go !!!
i very strongly doubt that since the man himself has come out and said that it is his go.

Blaze

Juniors
NZ Warrior said:

Yeah agreed. I won't be commenting until I hear from the man himself.

I wish him all the best with his recovery and hope he manages to bounce back from this.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Timmah said:
Newcastle should be booted from the comp for bringing the game into disrepute. :sarcasm:

Yeah and you're a moron buddy. Coming from a Bulldogs supporter whose team has a "history" of incidents far worse than this one. Pull your head in.

Nook

Bench
We're talking about a man who had the world at his feet and made the wrong decisions. He's lost the sympathy from me.

We are talking about a young guy with a whole heap of talent and a whole heap of pressure on him who fell into a lifestyle which sucks in way too many.

I'm as dissapointed (franky, pissed off) as the next bloke but let's get a bit of perspective here. He is a dark style of a bloke, always has been. He's made some big mistakes and everything meaningful which he has achieved to this point in his life will be forever tarnished because of them. This is no more or less than he deserves - but having internet heroes lining up to put the boot in really is a bit much.

gregstar

Referee
CycloneSteve said:
Yeah and you're a moron buddy. Coming from a Bulldogs supporter whose team has a "history" of incidents far worse than this one. Pull your head in.
you need to acquire an understanding of :sarcasm: