What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want Tyran Wishart

56to66

Juniors
I should point out that the 40-20 hit the ground and rolled another 15m to make the distance, I mean maybe it was on purpose but I think he got lucky!

Anyway a lot to play out on this one.. Storm r in the box seat to upgrade and keep him.. especially if they go on and win a g-final together... but I find it all silly, because if they get rid of papaenhausen they can upgrade Faalago & Wishart with money to spare.. and they would still have 2 fullback options.. I reckon they will come to their senses.
Not if the Dragons offer Wishart 900k a season for 5 years, plus bonuses etc etc

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
My biggest worry is that Wishart is now indoctrinated into the Melbourne culture and if we do lure him back, he may get ‘homesick’ for Melbourne and want to return after only a year.

Only way I can see us avoiding this is to bring Jahrome Hughes with him to the Dragons.

It would be a small sacrifice for the club to make but I think we could all agree it would be dor the greater good.

Dragon David

First Grade
Storm head of recruitment Paul Bunn has revealed the club are confident superstar fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen will re-sign and remain in Melbourne long-term.

The 26-year-old has battled multiple long-term injuries in recent seasons, but has been able to play 17 games in 2024, his most since 2020.

Papenhuyzen becomes a free agent on November 1, but Bunn was confident the Storm can get a new contract over the line.

“We’re hoping to continue with Paps longer than his present contract,” Bunn said on SEN.

“It’s pretty positive all our chats. Matt Tripp (Storm chairman) is involved as well.

“He’s a great salesperson, he’s passionate about what he does, so he’s given me a hand with the big dogs in Harry (Grant) and Paps.”

Meanwhile, Bunn also revealed he believes new recruit Stefano Utoikamanu has the potential to take his game to a new level under Craig Bellamy.

The 24-year-old will arrive in Melbourne ahead of the 2025 season, signing a three-year deal until the end of 2027.

“He’ll improve enormously under Craig’s tutelage and the rest of the coaches,” he said.

“He’s got so much upside. He was another kid, like most of them at Storm, they just want to be coached by Craig.

“They want to be in the system. Craig and Frank (Ponissi) have built a really good system.

“And players will take unders to stay with us, or become part of the Storm or coached by Craig.”

We are aware that some players would take unders to stay at clubs like the Storm and Roosters.

I have copied and pasted this article from Foxsports News because if we are contemplating on trying to get Tyran Wishart to come back, we will probably have a hard time trying based on what Paul Bunn said above.

Latest posts