What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.I want Wayne Bennett, reveals Nathan Tinkler

Silent Knight

First Grade
Too bad Mad Dog is retiring at the end of this season.

I can imagine him and Dell getting along like a house on fire :lol:

shane1970

Juniors
On last nights new show on One HD - The Game Plan - they have a segment about NRL murmurs or late mail - anyway Joel Caine plays the part of the 'scoop' and he goes underground to meet his informant - last night he revealed three things to Joel - 1 - a sydney based club is currently OVER the salary cap and trying to offload a prominent player to fall below the cap - 2 = a melbourne storm player (and not one of the top 3 ) is upset at his contract price and is now asking for $500k a season and last but not least - 3 = "Wayne Bennett will be coaching at another steel city next year!"
Hope he gets information from a good source.

Gaba

First Grade
On last nights new show on One HD - The Game Plan - they have a segment about NRL murmurs or late mail - anyway Joel Caine plays the part of the 'scoop' and he goes underground to meet his informant - last night he revealed three things to Joel - 1 - a sydney based club is currently OVER the salary cap and trying to offload a prominent player to fall below the cap - 2 = a melbourne storm player (and not one of the top 3 ) is upset at his contract price and is now asking for $500k a season and last but not least - 3 = "Wayne Bennett will be coaching at another steel city next year!"
Hope he gets information from a good source.
Going off the first sentence of the underground format
he said all the rumours you heard about bennett throw out the window

Which i would say included the latest rumour is that Bennett is a done deal for the knights

What the format could have meant that people who expect to see Bennett at the knights will be disappointed

Another steel city could mean Wollongong , where people dont expect to see Bennett next year

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
"Another steel city" does not mean coaching at the same steel city that you are already coaching.

Clutching at straws champ.

roopy

Referee
He must be going to the Chicago Stockyarders - that's the only other steel city i can think of with a League team - unless they are putting a Manchester side into the ESL next year.

Or maybe this is huge news and BHP is going to build a new steelworks in Newcastle.

Noname36

First Grade
I'll be filthy if Tinkler's brought in just so we can sign Ricky Stuart. Stone is 100 times the coach he is. Yes, there'll be the idiots yelling "but but Stuart has won a premiership!" well, so has Hagan.

Noname36

First Grade
I'm not just believing the Telegraph. I'm sure im not the only one that's heard the Stuart -> Newcastle rumors before this.

Alex28

Coach
The $1 Million to Ken Edwards doesn't surprise or concern me. To get a guy of his calibre to work for Tinkler he would need some form of bonus payment - that just appears to be it. No biggie.

Who is the supporter group that had the ad in the sports section of the Herald saying no to proxy hunters?

cram

Bench
Interesting AD Alex, who ever it is should have identified themselves. The ad makes out that members who give proxies are unable to make a decision. I will be giving my proxy to a YES voter because I can't attend and that's what I want to vote!

Latest posts