What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Was Just Rejected At ANZ Stadium Homebush Tonight

alien

Referee
You're right truth teller.
The rest of us are the bloke on the left face palming at your stupidity.

that's not face palming! that's covering your eyes from my light because my righteous and truthful argument cuts your darkness to shreds! :D

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yep, because you said so. You, yourself and alien ignore every stat and fact presented and simply respond with an opinion based on your own bias. And that is why these debates occur. And when you have nothing else to say you blame Thursday night for lack of attendance. So on one hand you preach how souffs fans are so much more loyal than any else, proven by membership numbers yet they can't show up on a Thursday night. And not just any Thursday, it is the first game after winning a premiership. In the next breath You then claim 70% of the crowd of the other Thursday game I refer to was souffs. You do know that holds the record for biggest regular season crowd ever? Thursday is irrelevant. You would think the multitudes of souffs fans based in QLD would jump at the once a year opportunity to watch their beloved club. That is the point pommy makes. In European soccer that game would be a sellout yet not for souffs fans. Yet you would have us believe they are the most loyal supporters.

Souffs crowds are a myth. They are as crap as everyone else. There is no shame in admitting it.

It was a massive local derby in 2013.

Souths hadn't won anything in pretty much 42 years.

Of course lots of Souths members/supporters had that day off work or worked half a day.

I say there was 70percent Souths as that is what it was.

In R26 last season you greatly outnumbered us so congrats on that.

Good luck to your mob in 2016 and you enjoy Christmas and the Auckland 9s:)

Let's hope when we play next season both bases turn out in numbers creating a great atmosphere which is good for our game/rivalry.

Well done on adding Lawrence too. He will add good depth and valuable experience.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It didn't seem to matter to the Tigers in the most recent encounter between the two at ANZ. Tigers won 34-6.

They thoroughly deserved that win.

They were very committed.

Souths didn't turn up at all.

I think Souths just thought they'd turn up and win. Well they got shown up.

Unfortunately for the Tigers though they have lost Taupau. It is a pretty big loss.

alien

Referee
It was a massive local derby in 2013.

Souths hadn't won anything in pretty much 42 years.

Of course lots of Souths members/supporters had that day off work or worked half a day.

I say there was 70percent Souths as that is what it was.

well there weren't many seats that were "reserved for ghosts" that day! :)

Pommy

Coach
YOU are the mong! i outdebated you EASILY! you are out of your league son! go back to the kids table! quit whilst you're WAY behind! :)

Out debated me? When? You keep making claims with nothing to back them up. You say your using facts and numbers but you've only provided numbers that show Bulldogs have better attendance. Everyone on the forum thinks your a joke.

peter file

Juniors
"Of course lots of Souths members/supporters had that day off work or worked half a day."
Collecting government benefits isn't "work".

bottle

Coach
You ignore genuine questions to back up your dribble.
Mate seriously you seem a little bit too smart to be wasting your time with these imbeciles.
Better off discussing footy related matters with the adults. Believe it not there are a few on here.

I hate School holidays. This joint gets invaded by pimply faced kids who turn into keyboard warriors.

Go find a red belly black snake to play with

Rabbits20

Immortal
You ignore genuine questions to back up your dribble.

You obviously haven't read my posts.

Only some of them.

Souths get more away support in Brisbane/Gold Coast than any other Sydney team like Lambretta said too. That's the point.

5-6k is a rough estimation. May have been a few more may have been less.

Pommy

Coach
You obviously haven't read my posts.

Only some of them.

Souths get more away support in Brisbane/Gold Coast than any other Sydney team like Lambretta said too. That's the point.

5-6k is a rough estimation. May have been a few more may have been less.

So a guess then with no basis in fact. You go on about being a bloody truth teller but just make 95% of your posts up.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So a guess then with no basis in fact. You go on about being a bloody truth teller but just make 95% of your posts up.

Funny how you only acknowledge/reply about a little bit of my post.

What about my other valid points?????

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nationwide Souths are the best supported club with a large Interstate fan base and of all the clubs in the NRL they would have the largest discrepancy between membership numbers and game attendances.

You only have to look at the sheer volume that attend games in Brisbane and the Gold Coast to see that

Souths do a fabulous job with their memberships and their owners have basically said if you're not a member, you're not a fan. They actively encourage all fans to get on board even if they can't attend games. Timmah would be able to post up their ticketed and non-ticketed membership numbers and they're fairly balanced from memory.

It has been reported in the SMH that there are an estimated 200,000 Souths bumper stickers in Australia

The only clubs that could seriously match Souths in this respect are the Broncos (they have a large Sydney fanbase) and the Warriors. The Warriors for some reason don't offer a Sydney based membership. They should. If they offered tickets to say 4 away games in Sydney they would go close to doubling their membership numbers. Whenever the Warriors play the Roosters in Sydney we get a massive boost in the attendance.

So I just don't get the Souths bashing on their crowd numbers. We should applaud them for getting people to pay into the club and demonstrate their love for their team even when they can't get to games.

This is a great post.

Read it pommy.

Or is it all incorrect again???

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah but it doesn't change the fact that the dogs have a better average attendance figures.

Why are their member numbers low then??

Paying membership to your club is more important??

I await your reply saying I'm incorrect again or something just to fit in with the crowd!!!

Pommy

Coach
This is a great post.

Read it pommy.

Or is it all incorrect again???

The difference is he is stating facts not conjecture. You have no valid points. How have you got an estimated number of Souths fans? Why are you saying Broncos fans couldn't make it to the first game of the season against the reigning premiers but Souths fans could travel from all over Queensland to do it.
He says they have a large number of fans turn up. Doesn't put a figure on it, I guess he just knows it's more than other Sydney teams and chose not to pull a number out of his arse.

Lambertta is a truth teller.

Pommy

Coach
Why are their member numbers low then??

Paying membership to your club is more important??

I await your reply saying I'm incorrect again or something just to fit in with the crowd!!!

The point was you said on your other account Souths won the tie by having more members and totally ignoring the fact that they had better numbers anyway.

To me crowd figures are important a non ticketed membership is just buying a baseball cap and a key ring but whatever.

Latest posts