What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICC ODI World Cup Oct-Nov 2023

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Simpson had our fielders humming.

Well it looks like an ODI, we need someone to go large with support. Defendable and achievable total.

Game on.

Bazal

Post Whore
Starc has 52 World Cup wickets. McGrath is top all time with 71. Not bad considering McGrath played 4 and Starc has played 2 plus 2 games.

He will finish this tournament in the top 3 and if he goes around again in 2027 (doubtful) he can probably claim top spot.

Starc is an absolute all time white ball bowler. Don't put 20 more wickets in this tournament past him. He got 27 in the last one...

icewind

Juniors
I remember the days when Australia could catch
Bob Simpson and Allan Border. Still remember the AB teapot stance and stare if a fielder dropped a sitter. You could see them actively trying to avoid eye contact.

Imagine that happening to one of our coddled divas. /faints

Starc is an absolute all time white ball bowler. Don't put 20 more wickets in this tournament past him. He got 27 in the last one...
Would need to put the cleaners through someone. If this was in South Africa I would give him a chance. Murali is on 66 with the next two 56 and 55 (Malinga and Akram). All those guys played at least 4. The next highest with 3 appearances is Zaheer Khan with 44.

Bazal

Post Whore
Would need to put the cleaners through someone. If this was in South Africa I would give him a chance. Murali is on 66 with the next two 56 and 55 (Malinga and Akram). All those guys played at least 4. The next highest with 3 appearances is Zaheer Khan with 44.

Yeah and it's likely he'll get a rest against someone like Afghanistan and/or the Netherlands who he really could clean up. Still, it wouldn't shock me.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Our fielding.
Warner - runs fast
Marsh - nothing special
Smith - great hands but has dropped his standards lately
Labs - nothing special
Maxwell - excellent
Stoinis - camel
Inglis - not Wadey but not fantastic
Starc - camel
Cummins - camel
Hazelwood - camel
Zampa - doesn't want to break a nail

I'd put NZ, India, SA and England ahead of us as fielding units. Probably more.