What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idris to Titans??

gregstar

Referee
has anyone checked in on dodge?

i'm worried.

jpicsVO0eBQL3bd8bs9q.gif

*image used without permission.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
lol @ Tigers fans

Can you f**k off with Lawrence.

Idris > Lawrence Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

In your dreams. Lawrence is a very good defender, unlike Idris and is WAY faster. The only thing Idris has over him is size.

chunk

Juniors
It's probably true; Idris is the face of the next generation. Loyalty is officially dead.

Speak for yourself

Marshall
Farah
Lawrence
Gibbs
Fulton
Payten
Heignington

The Tigers show huge respect for their juniors and have built a great culture unlike the dogs who have tried to buy a comp for the past four years.

Massive loss for the Dogs any way you look at it not only on the field but off, he's a crowd puller....priceless in this day and age. And more to the point sponsors will want to get on board.

Last edited:

Doga

Juniors
In your dreams. Lawrence is a very good defender, unlike Idris and is WAY faster. The only thing Idris has over him is size.

Size, a fend, tackle breaking.

Lawrence isn't the kind of player to create an opportunity for himself or for someone else.

Defence will come.

Lawrence wishes he was Jamal

Speak for yourself

Marshall
Farah
Lawrence
Gibbs
Fulton
Payten
Heignington

The Tigers show huge respect for their juniors and have built a great culture unlike the dogs who have tried to buy a comp for the past four years.

Payten is in no way, shape or form a Tigers junior. Made his debut for Canberra in 1996 and played several years for the Roosters before joining us in 2004.

sharko

Juniors
Idris is a powerful runner who takes a couple of tacklers with him, but he is shirt grabber in defence and is scared to use his shoulders in defence..most capable coaches know this and will have seen how the Storm and Saints showed him up.
He will score a heap of tries but let in just as many.

TimmyB

Juniors
Payten is in no way, shape or form a Tigers junior. Made his debut for Canberra in 1996 and played several years for the Roosters before joining us in 2004.
Yeah, still a loyal member of the club though, so I think the point stands. The same way the Dogs could claim Andrew Ryan.

Ladmate

Bench
Even the dogs think Lawrence is better. They tried to sign him before making a move on Idris.

chunk

Juniors
What about the sponsorship Idris could draw.

Huge loss for Canterbury, I love it.

Sleep

Juniors
Idris will never be the best centre in the game. He light years behind plenty of others as it is.

He doesn't have the footwork, nor the explosive acceleration. He's got size and that's about it.

His best hope is to take the line on and break a few tackles or to get an offload. He's a backrower.

You'll never see him put some footwork on and create a gap or explode through one.

I've always found it hilarious they persist with him in the centres when he's a liability in defense out there and played far better in the second row last year.

Doga

Juniors
Idris will never be the best centre in the game. He light years behind plenty of others as it is.

He doesn't have the footwork, nor the explosive acceleration. He's got size and that's about it.

His best hope is to take the line on and break a few tackles or to get an offload. He's a backrower.

You'll never see him put some footwork on and create a gap or explode through one.

I've always found it hilarious they persist with him in the centres when he's a liability in defense out there and played far better in the second row last year.

Last year vs the tits up in the GC

Manly Mick

Juniors
Idris has achieved everything he can in the game with the dogs, he's just going for the challenge:p IMO Lawrence > Idris

God-King Dean

Immortal
1. Not for the money? :lol: So is it the leaving your family or the Titans being a team in the decline that takes his fancy?
2. Idris will eventually be a great player, but at the moment he is hands down the worst defensive centre & liability. While Dog fan will be spewing, they should take heart they won't be paying ridiculous overs for him.
3. Though it will be funny watching Dog fans change their tune & voice how bad Idris is in defence.

ironhorse

Juniors
Telegraph tomorrow "THE TITS SIGN THE TITS !" ....I think he could have matured into a huge player ,he has massive potential ...BUT i think he will turn into a "could have" been on the Gold Coast . He will be too distracted in short the Titans will waste him and he will waste himself from greatness .Just my opinion.

Knownothing

Juniors
Sadly, the Gold Coast is really in the economic doldrums, and there is no sign of any improvement.

Hope this works for them, but I doubt that there will be much more sponsorship, local businesses are really, really, struggling.