What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idris to Titans??

Noa

First Grade
If I was a young inside back Id avoid Cartwright like the plague so Im doubtful this is the best move for Jamal, BUT having an emerging outgoing personality up there can only be good for the game as they compete with the frauds

5 year deal worth a base around $360K.
TV show role.
Indigenous ambassador role (probably taking over from Presto).
Other incentives too.

Not bad for a 20 year old who will probably reach his peak by the time this deal runs out. Titans have been a consistent team so far (except the start of this season). Buying him might entice other players to join him on the warm sunny bikini wearing bombshell filled beaches.. Beau Champion, Sam Williams and another young half on the sights of the Titans or so rumours tell me.

Doga

Juniors
We ain't worried, Tim Lafai will do the job.

FROM THE KENNEL

ROUND 1
JAMAL - 80min, 8 runs, 65m, 0 linebreaks, 1 offload, 13 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 1 error.
TIM - N/a

ROUND 2
JAMAL - 80min, 1 try, 14 runs, 140m, 1 linebreak, 3 offloads, 15 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 0 errors.
TIM - 80min, 1 try, 13 runs, 100m, 1 linebreak, 1 offload, 10 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 0 errors.

ROUND 3
JAMAL - 80min, 1 try, 7 runs, 58m, 0 linebreaks, 0 offloads, 12 tackles, 5 missed tackles, 0 errors.
TIM - 80min, 0 try, 6 runs, 47m, 0 linebreaks, 18 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 2 errors.

ROUND 4
JAMAL - 80min, 0 try, 10 runs, 92m, 0 linebreaks, 2 offloads, 8 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 2 errors.
TIM - 80min, 0 try, 8 runs, 112m, 2 linebreaks, 1 offload, 7 tackles, 1 missed, 1 error.

ROUND 5
JAMAL - 58 minutes, 0 try, 7 runs, 45m, 0 linebreaks, 0 offloads, 5 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 1 error.
TIM - 80min 0 try, 13 runs, 100m, 0 linebreaks, 1 offload, 16 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 1 error.

Not bad for his first 4 games of FG

ouwet

Bench
lol @ the dogz fans pretending that he is no big loss.

The dude is a monster, normally takes 3 or 4 players to pull him down. He was injured last week hence the poor defence.

Anyway, what goes around comes around.
Brought not bred.

I wish his defence was only poor last week! I got a feeling Bennett said no to Idris, hence why he's going to the Titans (Both offered more then the Dogs)... Everytime we play St George they score 2 or more tries through Idris and Bennett knows it!

Every game this year a team has scored through Idris... Parramatta Eels were the 1st team to exploit it in the Prelim Final in 2009 and most teams have followed since! In attack Idris is Gold (although he is heavily marked now) but defence wins the big games!

taxidriver

Coach
Please.. Anyone who thinks idris I a dud signing is either jealous they missed out on him or plain stupid. The kid is incredibly talented and has dominated just about every other back in the game.

Cooper f**ked Idris in the arse, mouth and fanny last week and to finish it all off dumped a load on his face.

dominated every other back in the game, fmd are you stupid or what?

ByRd

First Grade
The signing of Graham and emergence of Lafai will make this loss easier to take.

Doga

Juniors
I wish his defence was only poor last week! I got a feeling Bennett said no to Idris, hence why he's going to the Titans (Both offered more then the Dogs)... Everytime we play St George they score 2 or more tries through Idris and Bennett knows it!

Every game this year a team has scored through Idris... Parramatta Eels were the 1st team to exploit it in the Prelim Final in 2009 and most teams have followed since! In attack Idris is Gold (although he is heavily marked now) but defence wins the big games!

Half our backs were injured and Idris ended up on the wing in that game. You're deadset kidding.

taxidriver

Coach
thats a bs excuse if i've ever heard one.

he was fit enough to get selected, fit enough to start and fit enough till he got torn a new one.

what injury? he tore a heartlige more like it.

the kid has loads and i mean loads of potential, but potential and 2 bucks will get you a cheeseburger.

you talk him up like he is the number one back in the game.

ouwet

Bench
Half our backs were injured and Idris ended up on the wing in that game. You're deadset kidding.

I don't care where he ended up! Watch the game again... He had NO IDEA when traffic was coming his way!! No idea!

I've been saying it for 2 months now, I hope he goes and I'm glad he has! Good luck to him, I really hope he improves under Cartwright but his cost us to many games for my liking! I feel so sorry for Turner, you can see his frustration everytime Idris screws up:lol:

His not worth $300K IMHO!

Doga

Juniors
thats a bs excuse if i've ever heard one.

he was fit enough to get selected, fit enough to start and fit enough till he got torn a new one.

what injury? he tore a heartlige more like it.

the kid has loads and i mean loads of potential, but potential and 2 bucks will get you a cheeseburger.

you talk him up like he is the number one back in the game.

Either you are stupid or you missed my earlier post. I said that he will be the best Centre in the game within a few years

some11

Referee
Wow great pick up from the Titans!

He's only 20 just think how much stronger he is going to get in years to come when he matures physically.

He will be an absolute powerhouse for them.

Lightening quick wingers in Mead and Gordon and powerhouse centres in Tomane and Idris with Prince in the halves.

Good times for Gold Coast fans.

:lol:

One week Idris is in origin contention, the next he is useless... gotta love reactions to when a player leaves your favorite team and moves on to another.

taxidriver

Coach
Either you are stupid or you missed my earlier post. I said that he will be the best Centre in the game within a few years

and i said he has the potential as well.

big difference to potential and "he will be"

and i was referring to this in both of my earlier posts

has dominated just about every other back in the game.

do you really agree with that assesment?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
A decent player who has been overhyped by Gould and the Telegraph fools. I'm happy he didn't go to union or viccykicky.