What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Benji is out...

Puff2010

Juniors
I think it is way too big of an ask to have Hunt go from defending at fullback and on the wing to defending 3 in, especially in a must win game against the top side. He will be forced to make more tackles in the opening 20mins than he would have this whole season.

I think the best way to go without causing too much disruption to the team is to let Widdop steer the ship and put a running 5/8 beside him who won't be over-awed by the defensive requirements. My vote goes to Marketo or Farrell as they can handle the defensive load without causing any further disruption.

A sensible suggestion. Rein & Whiddop to replicate what they did last week and a hard runner outside

Cagey Mac

Bench
JDB would be the biggest half in the world lol.

Maybe by the odd kilo but Jack at 107 kg and 188 cm is no giant
Sutton is 105 KG and 190 cm
Inglis is 106 kg and 195 cm
and
Tony Williams who's played 5/8 on many occasions is
118 kg and 192 cm

Maybe running at he halves isn't such a good idea :sarcasm:

benchwarmers

Juniors
Game means too much, Rein JDB or Huch, whoever is chosen they will need to spill blood.Toughest game we have had in years. If we lose a feel the eagles will run us down. We need to win.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
So JDB is a laughable suggestion? Go back and watch the 2nd half of the Warriors game - he was pretty impressive and as said before having a great defender in that spot will be important against the Broncs. Marketo, Dugan, Farrell have no ball skills, Hutchison in his 2nd game playing the Broncos at home in a crucial match is a much bigger risk. Think outside the square guys, JDB is a weapon we keep underplaying.

saintjeff

Juniors
Unfortunately hutch looks like coming in .mary must have rocks in his head to play Hutch ,he wont contribute anything.And green as well .
If we are going to win these two shouldnt play

Kuro

Juniors
Okay for Hutch to come in. JDB should start at lock if so though and chime in for some.

64 Dragon

Coach
Game means too much, Rein JDB or Huch, whoever is chosen they will need to spill blood.Toughest game we have had in years. If we lose a feel the eagles will run us down. We need to win.

Mary may be thinking we can afford to lose this game and we should win the other 3 to get us through to the finals. It's just a feeling I have. Hope the players don't think like that though.

Go the Dragons.

The Nick

Bench
Mary may be thinking we can afford to lose this game and we should win the other 3 to get us through to the finals. It's just a feeling I have. Hope the players don't think like that though.

Go the Dragons.

I seriously doubt anyone coaching or playing at NRL level would think like that.

Spud 13

Juniors
nup cant see it....

mccgregor wont risk benji but he will know how big confidence boost a win over the broncs in qld will be!

Latest posts