What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Bennett Goes.....

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Who do you guys think will replace him or who would you like to replace him.

We are going to be hearing about this Bennett saga all year until he signs so just getting your thoughts IF he does leave. I hope not but you never know.

Ricky Stuart would be a disaster if they went for him. Graham Murray would be OK as would Lang if he is out of a job at Souths.

If I could choose anyone it would be Ellliot or Cartwright that is if they were out of a contract at the end of the season. Then again coaches can break contracts when something good comes up. Ask Brian Smith.

Daniel Anderson will get the Saints to the GF his first season and then make them miss the 8 the foillowing like he did with Warriors and Parra.

What about Browny? Worth a shot. Surely he has learned from his mistakes and got some further experience in England.

If I was Saints, I would sack Lam (U20's went crap last season) and get Browny as Assistant so he can step in the following year. Give him a year with the master. Or they can just go with his current assistant. Can't remember his name but was in charge of U20's prior to Lam.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i'd like to see justin beiber in the role..

yes, we'd be a disaster on the field, but hey, memberships would go through the roof (yes, they would all be girls aged 12-16, but hey, $$ are $$)

big pat

Coach
Who do you guys think will replace him or who would you like to replace him.

We are going to be hearing about this Bennett saga all year until he signs so just getting your thoughts IF he does leave. I hope not but you never know.

Ricky Stuart would be a disaster if they went for him. Graham Murray would be OK as would Lang if he is out of a job at Souths.

If I could choose anyone it would be Ellliot or Cartwright that is if they were out of a contract at the end of the season. Then again coaches can break contracts when something good comes up. Ask Brian Smith.

Daniel Anderson will get the Saints to the GF his first season and then make them miss the 8 the foillowing like he did with Warriors and Parra.

What about Browny? Worth a shot. Surely he has learned from his mistakes and got some further experience in England.

If I was Saints, I would sack Lam (U20's went crap last season) and get Browny as Assistant so he can step in the following year. Give him a year with the master. Or they can just go with his current assistant. Can't remember his name but was in charge of U20's prior to Lam.

steve price.

Ulysseus

Bench
Whoever has done the time under Bennett.
f**k Stuart, f**king arse clown.
Elliot and Anderson can go and get f**ked.

InThatNumber

Juniors
Brown has to win something of note before he should ever be considered again for the role. No newbies for the role ever again. I would throw money at Gould... for all his faults, he used to love Saints, and would have the contacts and runs on the board as a coach to keep Saints up or near the top of the league for a while to come. But first preference is the re-sign Bennett to a 10 year deal.

Godz Illa

Coach
Not that I think we'll need to in the short term, but the coach of our opponent in the World Club Challenge would be worth enquiring about - an outstanding young coach with some success under his belt

AB129*

Juniors
Not that I think we'll need to in the short term, but the coach of our opponent in the World Club Challenge would be worth enquiring about - an outstanding young coach with some success under his belt

Only bloke here with any sense it seems. Michael Maguire would be great for you guys.

Elliot is useless, Anderson is average and you won't get Hasler or Cartwright. I like Lang and Murray but both are past it- and they wouldn't suit you guys anyway. You can't go back to Brown- at least not for about another fifteen years.

If Bennett goes, Maguire is your man.