What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

footy75

Bench
I still think they will be fine but the absence of Napa and JWH leaves them vulnerable and there for the taking.

Tommy Smith

Referee
JWH will be back this week. He's crucial to our hopes as he is the pack leader.

He dominates that middle third with his presence and makes us a different team.

As for Napa, it's a blow to our depth but I rate Butcher higher on 2018 form anyway.

Valheru

Coach
The roosters are shot because they lost 2 games.... apparently.

Their form is no worse than melbourne or souths or anyone else in the top 8 over the last 5 weeks but it is only the roosters that are shot. The other 2 will be fine

Pedge1971

First Grade
The roosters are shot because they lost 2 games.... apparently.

Their form is no worse than melbourne or souths or anyone else in the top 8 over the last 5 weeks but it is only the roosters that are shot. The other 2 will be fine

I thought the thread was about no one getting close to the Roosters cause they signed Cronk?

Roosters fans make it all about them......

Sydney Roosters are still able to win the Grand Final.

They will beat Parramatta next weekend, then Souths in finals week 1 at Allianz, then Cronulla in the Preliminary Final, before they beat Melbourne Storm in the Grand Final.

Woody49

Juniors

They will beat Parramatta next weekend, then Souths in finals week 1 at Allianz, then Cronulla in the Preliminary Final, before they beat Melbourne Storm in the Grand Final.
I think you’ve got it wrong Albert, why did the Roosters lose to the Broncos? Sorry...flogged senseless by the Broncos

Fangs

Coach

Of course. The Sydney City Roosters are more than capable of winning this year's premiership. Led by their starting halfback Cooper Cronk, a former grand final winner himself.

Though this outcome is heavily dependent on the form of their competition. The Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks and Brisbane Broncos are playing much better football and will continue to do so. They also boast superior forward packs. Yes, the might of Paul Peptide Gallen and Matthew Lodge far outweigh the spirited efforts of illustrious Roosters captain Boyd Cordner.

This will again be another disappointing year for the men from the eastern suburbs. Goes to show you that a heavy, leather-bound chequebook won't always win you premierships.

Reactions: JJ

Tommy Smith

Referee
My ass fell out when I saw Latrell and Keary on the ground in a heap with 2 minutes to go!

We're in a strong position but it's a very open comp. Will likely come down to 2 coin flip games; in which case we're probably a 4 to 1 shot like a few others.

Valheru

Coach
My ass fell out when I saw Latrell and Keary on the ground in a heap with 2 minutes to go!

We're in a strong position but it's a very open comp. Will likely come down to 2 coin flip games; in which case we're probably a 4 to 1 shot like a few others.

Nah we are no hope. We lost in rd 24. That's all that matters

Tommy Smith

Referee
Nah we are no hope. We lost in rd 24. That's all that matters
The funny thing is: we could win the comp from here and yet if the exact same scenario plays out next year the wrist slitters and doubters will still be out in force.

Those losses in rnds 24 and 25 were delicious. Thank you Raiders and Brissy for a couple of crucial final lessons as we re-set the fuel gage.

Valheru

Coach
The funny thing is: we could win the comp from here and yet if the exact same scenario plays out next year the wrist slitters and doubters will still be out in force.

Those losses in rnds 24 and 25 were delicious. Thank you Raiders and Brissy for a couple of crucial final lessons as we re-set the fuel gage.

Year after year this happens to all the top teams and the peanut gallery never learn from it. Souths were also written off last week.

Tommy Smith

Referee
That's also funny.

Neutral fans almost unanimosuly agree that certain referees favour the Broncos. And we all know the massive leg ups they gave Souffs in 2014. The NRL even rang that stupid bell at the GF like it was a Souffs fairytale home game!

And yet you propose the opppsite - that they have a subconcious bias against certain teams as well - and all of a sudden the tin foil hat accusations come out.

I don't need to say anything. The stats speak for themselves.

Cronk had a decent game against Parramatta. I predict that the awesome Roosters back line will win the Grand Final provided that Jared Warea-Hargreaves, Dylan Napa, and Victor Radley play.

Woody49

Juniors
Cronk had a decent game against Parramatta. I predict that the awesome Roosters back line will win the Grand Final provided that Jared Warea-Hargreaves, Dylan Napa, and Victor Radley play.
Umm...no. I predict the Roosters will get flogged again....by the Brisbane Broncos.

TheDMC

Bench

What you really mean there is JWH, Napa, and Radley will win the GF for the roosters.

Roosters have the best centre in the world, Latrell Mitchell, the second best full back in the world, James Tedesco, and several other star players who are rated in the top five in their positions.

The team just needs the brute strength of JWH, Napa and Radley in the centre of the field to lay the platform for the brilliant backs.