What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Karmichael Hunt...........

Is a better Fullback than Clinton Shifofske Im not here.

What a disgrace of a selection. Again it appears QLD are going to lose a second game at the selection table.

Big Pete

Referee
Does Schif have a combination with Lockyer?

Although Schif is a capable Fullback he's not the type of player we need.

Big Pete said:
Does Schif have a combination with Lockyer?

Although Schif is a capable Fullback he's not the type of player we need.

No - you need a hack who can't tackle, just like Matt Bowen in the first game :roll:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
havent you realised yet, canberra players arent allowed to be picked for rep teams.......

mogg was picked cos the selectors thought he played for another team

p.s. schif may have had a great game on the weekend but his form's been down on his form of the apst few years

Pierced Soul said:
havent you realised yet, canberra players arent allowed to be picked for rep teams.......

mogg was picked cos the selectors thought he played for another team

p.s. schif may have had a great game on the weekend but his form's been down on his form of the apst few years

Crap, and heres why:

2003: State of Origin time, we are leading the comp, Schifcofske is leading Dally M and Pointscoring, he misses out.

2004: Again we are leading the comp, and he is playing pretty well at that stage, again, he misses out.

2005: We, at that stage, were top 4, and largely in part to him, smith, and the rest of the guys, again, he misses out.

Notice the pattern, with the exception of this year, each time he misses out his form dips badly.

He is without a doubt the best defensive fullback queensland have, including Lockyer, and, as some of you saw yesterday, is very handy in attack when he applies himself, and those that are saying Hunt is a better fullback because of the lockyer combination are kidding themselves.

kay

Juniors
gee 2003, 2004. leave karmichael out of this. even 'if' schifcofske was better than him he would have to beat others to be selected. bowen, wesser etc. hunt beat them because he's tough, he's got a combination with lockyer etc.
whoever is better doesn't really matter, at the end of the day selectors select a team they think will win. so we will just see how it goes.

kay said:
gee 2003, 2004. leave karmichael out of this. even 'if' schifcofske was better than him he would have to beat others to be selected. bowen, wesser etc. hunt beat them because he's tough, he's got a combination with lockyer etc.
whoever is better doesn't really matter, at the end of the day selectors select a team they think will win. so we will just see how it goes.

In 2003 Shif was by far and away the best fullback in the game at that stage. He was leading the Dally M points. It wasn't really until later that year that Wesser found his brilliant form, and even when he did he was never a better all round fullback than shif.

This combination thing with Lockyer is total BS. Theres no combination at all. They do the same play over and over again with slight variations. Lockyer throws a second man ball to Hunt. f**k me dead. My under 14's team know how to run on to second man pass. it happens on the left hand side every time they do it, and is becomming very predictable. The blues have the players to snuff it out easily.

I can't wait till one of our forwards runs straight over your fullback like he wasn't even there again just like in Origin one. Maybe one day QLD will learn that tackling is just as important as attacking

kay said:

Hunts combination with lockyer is no substitute for safety under the highball, safety in defence, Hunt and Bowen dont offer that as far as im concerned and this is underlined with the fact that bowen let the ball bounce repeatedly not only in the origin game but the ensuing cowboys game against the raiders.

At the end of the day, let me as you think, would you rather let your halves and outside backs, plus the forwards make the combinations, and be safe at the back, or would you rather risk safety and possible points at the back by bringing in another form of attack?

kay

Juniors
at the end of the day. it's all our own opinions and what we think, so no point in bagging others because of what they think. in saying that, it's the selectors opinions that really count in the end and i suppose we have to live with it. whether or not hunt or bowen or schifcofske or even wesser are better than each other you can't really tell. it's just a matter of opinion at the end of the day. i'm a karmichael hunt fan so obviously i would be bias. but i know he does have his negatives. his lack of speed, his inability to get anywhere near some bombs, his defence (which i think has improved so much, seeing as early on he was at sea). in saying all this, i respect Clinton Schifcofske and rate him highly as well. he is a reliable player and so on. i just don't like how people talk about who is better and so on. is prince a better halfback than thurston? is mogg a better winger than bowen or wesser would be?
you just shouldnt say because you think this or that you think that, that the person doesn't deserve their spot. don't put it on the player, he didn't select himself, the selectors did.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Combinations are overrated. Schifcofske would quickly form a combination with Lockyer, and to top it off, he's better than bloody Hunt ever will be.

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Combinations are overrated. Schifcofske would quickly form a combination with Lockyer, and to top it off, he's better than bloody Hunt ever will be.

One of the dumbest posts i have ever read....

Mr Saab

Referee
Tamazoid said:

Combos overrated huh?

Daley Stuart Clyde
Kenny Sterling
Langer Walters
Langer Lewis
M Johns A Johns
Mortimer Lamb

Anasta Finch (nowhere near in the aboves league, but they were chosen for their combo)

Big Pete

Referee
You Raiders fans keep bringing up the past.

In 2003 Lockyer was fullback, he was proven at that level having Schif replace him would be a bad decision since Lockyer wasn't considered a Five Eigth back then and he has to feature in the team.

In 2004 you have a point, they picked a out of form Wesser instead.

In 2005 didn't Schif get injured?

2006, Schif wasn't in form and Bowen was the form fullback. He wasn't up to scratch in Origin and was rightfully dropped. Hunt comes in because of his combination with Lockyer and he has been in good form.

I'm not saying Schif is a bad player though and IMO would be my next pick at Fullback with Ingliss out injured and all.

What the f**k has hunt done this year aside from having a combination with lockyer pete??? f**kin nothing, thats what, he got an aussie jumper because of it aswell when that should have gone quite clearly to Brett Hodgson, as for bowen being the form fullback, well thats debatable given the form of Greg Inglis.

As for 2003, it does, go to show, even if you are playing sh*t (Lockyer was nowhere near Schifcofske at that point in time) and play for the broncos you have a better chance than the leagues top pointscorer and dally m leader of the time.

Sour Grapes? f**kin oath Ive got sour grapes, because for too damn long queensland selectors have over looked him in favour of players who time and time again prove to be inadequate at doing the job he does week in week out for us.

Mr Saab

Referee
VictorTheViking said:
What the f**k has hunt done this year aside from having a combination with lockyer pete??? f**kin nothing, thats what, he got an aussie jumper because of it aswell when that should have gone quite clearly to Brett Hodgson, as for bowen being the form fullback, well thats debatable given the form of Greg Inglis.

Do you suffer from short term memory loss? Hodsgon was injured at that time.

kay

Juniors
dally m is nothing. it's a media thing, its not as important as player's awards for instance.