What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If not Madge, then who?

Wasn't there talk also that Webster at the Panthers was also in the mix. He was one coach that the Tigers should never let go a couple of years back, reserves were doing very well with him in charge

Ned Kelly

Juniors
There is yet another article in the Herald about how Sheens can have the job as head coach if he wants it. So let's go through a catch up on leaked stories on the new Tigers coach.

1 Ciraldo top pick. Tigers confident he would sign.

2 John Morris who quickly lost first choice to 3 Noddy. (Possibly because Morris lacks the ability to attract quality players)

4 Noddy and to be mentored by Tim Sheens when it became obvious Noddy lacks the ability to do it on his own.

5 Now Sheens who has always stated he did not sign up to be coach.

Now if Sheens says no, and I believe he should, the story will be Tigers can't even sign one of their own for the head coach. Also how does the next in line feel that he is 6th preference.

All this is convincing me more than ever the board will eventually make an announcement that at best will not excite anyone but more than likely will disturb Tigers fans,

Tigerm

First Grade
There is yet another article in the Herald about how Sheens can have the job as head coach if he wants it. So let's go through a catch up on leaked stories on the new Tigers coach.

1 Ciraldo top pick. Tigers confident he would sign.

2 John Morris who quickly lost first choice to 3 Noddy. (Possibly because Morris lacks the ability to attract quality players)

4 Noddy and to be mentored by Tim Sheens when it became obvious Noddy lacks the ability to do it on his own.

5 Now Sheens who has always stated he did not sign up to be coach.

Now if Sheens says no, and I believe he should, the story will be Tigers can't even sign one of their own for the head coach. Also how does the next in line feel that he is 6th preference.

All this is convincing me more than ever the board will eventually make an announcement that at best will not excite anyone but more than likely will disturb Tigers fans,
Do you mean, they will bring back Madge?😂😂😂

With the story being it was all a misunderstanding.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I hope all this media mess is WT doing a Tyrion Lannister to see where the leaks are. May aswell find out now than derail next season with more leaks

For people who haven't seen Game of Thrones, it's where one character tells 4 different characters completely different things and waits to see which one gets back to the Queen.

If we see some sudden "redundancies" of key WT personnel then we will know where the leaks came from

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I reckon if there is one person who knows where the leaks are coming from it would be Master Tiger.

Phil Gould

Juniors
I don’t really know what I’m talking about but I get the feeling they wanted to get rid of Madge and Sheens wanted the job all along. Or, they at least wanted to position Sheens, ready to slot in if Madge was off track to the 8 at halfway through the season.

Was Ciraldo ever going to take the job? Would they sack the coach without a locked in replacement? Seems more likely to be piss weak, indirect, non-confrontational management maneuvers to me. If so, they need to grow a set and pass on bad news to people, it’s their job:
-Brooksy, you’re not playing well at the moment. Take a breather in reserve grade and brush up on your skills without the pressure for a few weeks.
-Kelma, F off, go eat KFC for the rest of the year.
-Adam, sorry you had to wait so long but thanks for being patient, go do us proud young man.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Yup, it seems those who think they know about footy have decided to get rid of that pesky guy they hired to run the footy side of things who is so annoying because he does know more about footy than them. ( wouldn't be hard. Who doesn't) SOoooo -

Move the guy managing the football side of things out of that job 1 year in to it. ( obviously not an important role, Pascoe and Lee are certain they can manage things just fine.)

Make Sheens head coach for 2 years which wouldn't be long enough for ANY coach to make much of a difference.
When it comes to signing players they will know a new coach will be coming in 2 years, but who? No quality player will be willing to take the chance. In the mean time some of our better players leave.

In 2 years time it will be much harder to sign a quality coach than it is now. (I know. Hard to believe right?)
Players, coach's,fans will be convinced beyond doubt that the Wests Tigers board are incapable of making sensible decisions.

Oh, and by the way. I read the board think it would be a popular decision amongst West Tigers fans if Sheens gets the job.

WARNING TIM SHEENS if you take this job the Tigers fans will be getting stuck into you for every loss, for ever missed signing your fault or not. DON'T TAKE THIS JOB.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
HOLLY F%$K !!!!

Tim Sheens tells Wests Tigers he’s ready to take top job​

Wests Tigers supremo Tim Sheens has indicated to the club that he is willing to step into the hot seat and coach the club next season.
Sources with knowledge of the situation told the Herald that Wests Tigers powerbrokers have approached Sheens to see if he has any interest in returning to NRL coaching a decade after he was sacked by the club.
Wests Tigers head of football Tim Sheens.

Wests Tigers head of football Tim Sheens.Credit:Kate Geraghty
While the Tigers are still exploring their coaching options for next year, there has been huge support from club greats for Sheens to fill the void created by Michael Maguire’s sacking earlier this season.
The club has approached Sheens to gauge his appetite and are considering offering him the job for next season.

The club knows the 71-year-old would be a short-term solution. He would help get the club back on track and mentor a group of assistants, eventually grooming one of them to take over when he finishes up in a couple of years.
The Tigers are also considering making an offer to Eels forward Nathan Brown to join the club. Brown was recently granted a release from his management company Ignite Sports, which is led by Joe and Johnathan Wehbe.
Brown, who returned to the NRL against the Tigers on Saturday night after a stint in reserve grade, is currently in discussions with other agents.
He will then sit down with the Tigers to discuss a potential return to the club.
Parramatta is unlikely to stand in his way. He has another year to run on his deal.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
He is going to mentor an assistant coach to take over from him in a year or two. Obviously the job of head coach of an NRL team can be picked up quite quickly.

Another exciting peace of news from the above article is that Wests Tigers are keen to sign a player well past his best that his current club don't want and is not exactly being sought after by other clubs.

Let's bring back Skando, Robbie and Benji for starters.
Is Bryce Gibbs currently under contract to anyone?

Tigerm

First Grade
HOLLY F%$K !!!!

Tim Sheens tells Wests Tigers he’s ready to take top job​

Wests Tigers supremo Tim Sheens has indicated to the club that he is willing to step into the hot seat and coach the club next season.
Sources with knowledge of the situation told the Herald that Wests Tigers powerbrokers have approached Sheens to see if he has any interest in returning to NRL coaching a decade after he was sacked by the club.
Wests Tigers head of football Tim Sheens.

Wests Tigers head of football Tim Sheens.Credit:Kate Geraghty
While the Tigers are still exploring their coaching options for next year, there has been huge support from club greats for Sheens to fill the void created by Michael Maguire’s sacking earlier this season.
The club has approached Sheens to gauge his appetite and are considering offering him the job for next season.

The club knows the 71-year-old would be a short-term solution. He would help get the club back on track and mentor a group of assistants, eventually grooming one of them to take over when he finishes up in a couple of years.
The Tigers are also considering making an offer to Eels forward Nathan Brown to join the club. Brown was recently granted a release from his management company Ignite Sports, which is led by Joe and Johnathan Wehbe.
Brown, who returned to the NRL against the Tigers on Saturday night after a stint in reserve grade, is currently in discussions with other agents.
He will then sit down with the Tigers to discuss a potential return to the club.
Parramatta is unlikely to stand in his way. He has another year to run on his deal.
Re Sheens: Some people seem to have short memories, in that he ended up a disaster for this club?

Last edited:

Latest posts