What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If the NRL does expand to 18 teams in 2012...

lotti

Bench
I know. I live on the Sunshine Coast.
I was excited in 2006 when I saw there was gonna be a Manly/Melbourne trial game on the Sunshine Coast but that was before I found out I was moving to Melbourne and would get to see 14 NRL games including 2 pre-lims before I moved down here I would've been lucky to have seen 1 league game a year.

If it was built near the beach (like Noosa/Coolum), it'd be a very picturesque sight (like WIN Stadium or Bluetongue Stadium, which are both built, looking over the water).

The chances of that are zero I can absolutely assure you, I live in Noosa.

The residents are powerful lobbyists and would never allow such a development.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What is the likelyhood of the Q'land Govt stumping up another 200mill to build a third stadium?

BrisVegas

Juniors
What is the likelyhood of the Q'land Govt stumping up another 200mill to build a third stadium?

Depends on how soon it would be required. While they wouldn't in the immediate future, give it another 6-7 years for a couple more state elections to be held and I'd wager they wouldn't be able to build one fast enough if it was required for another NRL team. They simply wouldn't risk the huge political hit of being the government that cost the state another NRL side.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If Wellington comes in the scheduling takes care of itself, as all you need to do is make sure that either Wellington or Auckland (which the Warriors would revert to being) played a sunday afternoon home game each week. This would be manageable 90% of the time, with the possible exception of the NZ local derby which would probably be a Friday or Saturday night game for NZ TV ratings purposes.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
What about Noosa/Noosa Heads? Should build the stadium near public transport and places where accomodation (eg motels/hotels) are close to the ground (a bit similar to Homebush, which has the Novotel hotel right near it and public transport easily accessible via train).

Quad Park looks like it'll turn into a nice little sports precinct. There's plans for a train line to go right past it too so I'd say the stadium will be built there.

Some pics of Quad Park here: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=187359

Brycey

Juniors
My predictions, Manly won't get state and fed grants therefore their local council funding will fall through, re-locate to Sunshine Coast. Play out of Quad Park.

Perth and Wellington put into comp.

In an ideal world: Dragons re-locate to the Gong, Tigers to Campbelltown, and someone else to CC.

t-ba

Post Whore
My predictions, Manly won't get state and fed grants therefore their local council funding will fall through, re-locate to Sunshine Coast. Play out of Quad Park.

Perth and Wellington put into comp.

In an ideal world: Dragons re-locate to the Gong, Tigers to Campbelltown, and someone else to CC.

Which is an attrocious result for Rugby League. Unless the Bears get a license. That's the wealthiest 1 million people in Australia ignored.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Which is an attrocious result for Rugby League. Unless the Bears get a license. That's the wealthiest 1 million people in Australia ignored.

Only if those million millionaires are interested in watching or supporting the Manly Club!

t-ba

Post Whore
Only if those million millionaires are interested in watching or supporting the Manly Club!

We get decent Crowds for a Sydney club playing out of a sh*tpile. Certainly bigger than the non-heartland clubs could manage. If you think the Reds are a big loss, I can honestly say that No NRL club in Northern Sydney is worse.

Can you tell me the last time any millionare in Australia sunk money into a stadium for their club? Honest now...

Latest posts