What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If the origin rules were different....

Charlie124

First Grade
History for both states would look a whole lot different.

It should never be state of birth, but the eligibility rules should be changes so that we don't have situations like Carroll, inglis, tamou, uate, McManus, thorn etc choosing who they want. you should be only eligible for qld/nsw or neither, not the current situation where the player gets the choice.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
Birth place is a stupid idea. What happens if your family is driving through one state on holidays and the baby comes 4-5 weeks early and it is born in the state that they are visiting?

MSIH

Bench
Birth place is a stupid idea. What happens if your family is driving through one state on holidays and the baby comes 4-5 weeks early and it is born in the state that they are visiting?

Then fate has dictated what state the child comes from.

Slammin

Juniors
Let 'em choose.

How many of you Queenslanders or Blues followers would choose the other side if given the option?

Should be a clause in the contract on day one and cannot be changed so you tick:

QLD
NSW
Other (please write) New Zealand etc.

Nothing stops the international player from ever changing the country he wants to play for following international rules, however they can never play origin.

orochimaru

Juniors
ORIGIN in lame terms means where you are born, not who you want to play for , or such.

queensland have gotten away with murder with some of the players they took

Jimminy

Juniors
I like the idea of choosing up front. I don't profess to know the eligibility rules but what if a kid is born and grows up in Qld supporting Qld with his family and gets a scholarship when he starts high school at a league school in NSW? He's 13ish at the time and plays through to first grade with a NSW team at 20ish. He supports Qld every origin. Does that mean he has to play for NSW?

Mr Fourex

Bench
I like the idea of choosing up front. I don't profess to know the eligibility rules but what if a kid is born and grows up in Qld supporting Qld with his family and gets a scholarship when he starts high school at a league school in NSW? He's 13ish at the time and plays through to first grade with a NSW team at 20ish. He supports Qld every origin. Does that mean he has to play for NSW?

Tough call......I guess by the rules he would be unlucky and would have to play for NSW

It's one reason why I think the age limit should be lower and more QLD based sides should be in the NRL.

Boganater

Juniors
Eligibility should be decided by the ARL board when a player 1st plays Toyota Cup.
Anyone with dubious ties to a state like Inglis would be set straight before it even becomes an issue.

Boganater

Juniors
Seriously?

Akuila Uate and James Tamou to start with.

I don't think they are as bad because at least they chose the state where they spent most of their formative years. Inglis played senior footy in NSW, his family lives in NSW, his background is as blue as it gets.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I just don't think I could have bring myself to cheer on Sterlo, and listening to Parra fans whinge after Langer kept him out of the side would have been unbearable.

Bretto

Bench
I don't think they are as bad because at least they chose the state where they spent most of their formative years. Inglis played senior footy in NSW, his family lives in NSW, his background is as blue as it gets.

Don't you then think it speaks volumes, that the guy chose to play for QLD?

I can see the bashing of his morals here in 3, 2, 1...