What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IF the panthers miss the 8 next year should Ivan Clearly get sacked ?

maple_69

Bench
Nathan Brown is the last ESL coach waiting in the wings that I think could be successful in the NRL. Cleary should be rated in the tier just below Hasler, Bennett and Bellamy at the moment. Unless those guys were available or maybe Maguire we'd be silly to let Ivan go for one bad season.

betcats

Referee
Rick Stone showed some potential but theres not a lot out there. If we fore a coach for missing the 8 what happens if his replacement misses the 8 the next season?? Fire him too?

maple_69

Bench
I believe Parranatta is the benchmark in that regard. Should definitely replicate their business model.

Iafeta

Referee
I have a soft spot for the Pennies - beating Canberra in that epic Grand Final was an awesome thing to watch as a kid. There were some great grand finals around that era, and some excellent teams (Brisbane, Canberra, Balmain etc), I remember the Pennies winning that grand final and that probably cemented my interest in rugby league.

I think Ivan is doing a tremendous job for Penrith. I'm not surprised, he's an excellent coach. Its disappointing from my perspective to be losing Elijah Taylor, he's proving himself ten fold as a lock forward for the Warriors. Great young talent. Kite is a terrific signing, he'll add a lot of experience to a young pack.

Overall, Ivan will get you to the finals next year. And I think you'll go quite far through that series. Yours is a club well worth supporting, massive upsides for Penrith.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
No I think Ivan and Gus are doing the job that is needed. I think the team has surprised a lot of people and is improving. Next year when we get rid of some duds and bring in some new players we will be even better.

At least if we do make the finals this year it won't be like 2010, this time we will have a coach who has actually WON some semi finals unlike Elliott who has won NONE.

I am happy with Ivan Cleary and there is no-one better that is available, if the situation is the same next year I say sign him again, I think that will happen anyway. Just my opinion.

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
I have a soft spot for the Pennies - beating Canberra in that epic Grand Final was an awesome thing to watch as a kid. There were some great grand finals around that era, and some excellent teams (Brisbane, Canberra, Balmain etc), I remember the Pennies winning that grand final and that probably cemented my interest in rugby league.

I think Ivan is doing a tremendous job for Penrith. I'm not surprised, he's an excellent coach. Its disappointing from my perspective to be losing Elijah Taylor, he's proving himself ten fold as a lock forward for the Warriors. Great young talent. Kite is a terrific signing, he'll add a lot of experience to a young pack.

Overall, Ivan will get you to the finals next year. And I think you'll go quite far through that series. Yours is a club well worth supporting, massive upsides for Penrith.

Thanks Mate. Yesterday on FB NRL Gossip was saying Weyman on the outer for St George. I put up "I dont know who is worse Parra or the Dragons" (which is a true statement) and I get a reply saying "look in the mirror", so people outside penrith seeing how the team has changed gets alot of respect

franklin2323

Immortal
Rick Stone showed some potential but theres not a lot out there. If we fore a coach for missing the 8 what happens if his replacement misses the 8 the next season?? Fire him too?

There's a few decent coaches in ESL. After 1 year you wouldn't but how long do you wait to get that winning season?

Cowboys made the 8 last year but are struggling this year with there roster do you accept just a bad year or want to see improvement year after year?

Word is Cartwrights out the door with no finals. Forwards, Idris and wingers aside they have a rubbish roster. So he should get extra time as a result

betcats

Referee
There's a few decent coaches in ESL. After 1 year you wouldn't but how long do you wait to get that winning season?

Cowboys made the 8 last year but are struggling this year with there roster do you accept just a bad year or want to see improvement year after year?

Word is Cartwrights out the door with no finals. Forwards, Idris and wingers aside they have a rubbish roster. So he should get extra time as a result

There are always other circumstances to consider beside where a team finished on the table, always.

Thats why this is a dumb thread. Especially as we are travelling pretty good.

maple_69

Bench

Their halves are strong too. Not a bad team I think but an ageing one. They're likely to have a few rough years after this so it may really depend on whether they think Cartwright is the man to lead a transition.

GongPanther

Referee
What if a train leaving Central station next year on the 23rd Feb leaves at 8:24 am and is 2 minutes late in getting to Penrith,should the minister for transport get the flick?

franklin2323

Immortal
Their halves are strong too. Not a bad team I think but an ageing one. They're likely to have a few rough years after this so it may really depend on whether they think Cartwright is the man to lead a transition.

Yeah but young halves. When they come good the pack will be young & be inexperience.

chahrour123

Juniors
No I Can't come up with anything smarter than should we sack Ivan at the end of 2014 or should we sign Reni Matua, f**king moron

and i dont get what your point is I DIDNT SAY SHOULD WE U PISS OF S*** I SAID "WOULD YOU WANT RENI AT PENRITH" CLEARLY THIS MEANS UR A D******* AND you also have prob lems reading and SHOULD WE SACK HIM MEANING I JUST WANT TO HEAR PEOPLES OPINIONS as this question was asked in another forum. Why dont you show us ur f***** up skills and post some topics because i want to see how "smart" you are

Panther Pete

Juniors
What if a train leaving Central station next year on the 23rd Feb leaves at 8:24 am and is 2 minutes late in getting to Penrith,should the minister for transport get the flick?

I know what you mean mate and when I first saw this topic I thought it was pretty pointless. However it has got a lot of fans discussing our team with mostly positive comments which is a good thing.

franklin2323

Immortal

But if it kept happening?... People would want someone's head. Especially if there was another train service that was always on time.