What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not getting ahead of ourselves but….

dungay dragon

Juniors
Weidler seems to be now stirring a no vote from Ryles position, or a 50/50 chance of him saying no to the job now.

The press just try to manipulate the club, and the fans emotions.

I say let’s wait and see what happens.
Guys
Just re Ryles we are NOT talking about A Bellamy or Bennett here
He is a rookie NRL Coach in waiting
Thinking its a bit rich with all these demands and clauses
At present there are no other Clubs knocking on his door , and the Roosters have shut theirs from this Seasons end
Offer him say 2 years and a 2 year option , based on results
What if our Interim Coach nails the next few weeks and goes Win Win ?
It is possible
Carr has ticked a lot of boxes in his first week in charge , which hasnt gone unnoticed by many
Ryles is likely to be the best Rookie in Waiting , and he could be a rip roaring success , but lets not give in to all these demands inferring we are in desperation mode
Far from it ....

Illusion

Bench
Guys
At present there are no other Clubs knocking on his door , and the Roosters have shut theirs from this Seasons end
It is possible
Carr has ticked a lot of boxes in his first week in charge , which hasnt gone unnoticed by many
Ryles is likely to be the best Rookie in Waiting , and he could be a rip roaring success , but lets not give in to all these demands inferring we are in desperation mode
Far from it ....
Spot on , no one knows if he will be a good coach , any better than , Hornby or Young ....... If it's a rookie , just my opinion it would be Hornby over Ryles , won't be demanding a 5 year contract and also the coach needs to be a good communicator , people manager , which I think Hornby is , not so sure about Ryles ...... Anyway if it's a rookie it's unknown either way 🤷 ....... Time will tell ........

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Weidler seems to be now stirring a no vote from Ryles position, or a 50/50 chance of him saying no to the job now.

The press just try to manipulate the club, and the fans emotions.

I say let’s wait and see what happens.
Danny, Hoops, Kenty (formerly) and Buzz are a major problem within rugby league. Although drama being generated is usually a somewhat positive thing for the growth of the game, they turn people away from it.

Dragon David

First Grade
we're spooners now. dogs and tigers have bye so will be 2 and 4 points ahead of us now.
Well, it is what most of us predicted. Now at least we have something to look forward to in that we will be cheering on the Dragons for the next 13 or so weeks hoping to win and get off the bottom. I'm sure that Ciraldo gave his guys some shit at half time and saying " you guys better effin get up in the second half so that we get ahead and leave the Dragons on the bottom".:(

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Guys

The Strom are linked with him. If Bellamy was not staying on they would be talking to him so he is in some sort of demand and the big clubs think highly of him and will be having a crack if they had no coach.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Guys
It is possible
Far from it ....
In 5 or 6 weeks we might all be stating the case for Carr to stay on. It would be ironic if Carr turns out to be the next SuperCoach

twinkletoes

Juniors
The advantage of Ryles (and Hornby/Hasler as they are all under George Mimis) is they are using this moment to jam in some structural changes to the club.. none of which would ever be considered by us if Carr fell into the job.
We’ll Rev we are all desperately hoping for structural change …. Including the removal of Haran.. but I read somewhere he’s been given a contract extension… in what role I don’t know… if that’s the case there goes structural change!!!!

TheRev

First Grade
We’ll Rev we are all desperately hoping for structural change …. Including the removal of Haran.. but I read somewhere he’s been given a contract extension… in what role I don’t know… if that’s the case there goes structural change!!!!
There was talk that Haran with 11yrs in the role.. might 'shadow' a real GM for a year or so to learn the ropes...... But there are many other changes too that we could bring in, I think what Mimis has asked for Hasler and Ryles, is that the coach can decide on recruitment without needing board signoff.. im sure there are numerous things in the chat, other than just Haran's role.

David, Kit, gents it’s only round 12. Let’s start to worry about the spoon if we are last in round 20. Plenty of time to climb out of danger.
We still play Tigers, Manly, Knights, Warriors a couple of times. Early days.
Crush, I’m going to take your optimistic attitude and raise it, a little.
;)
Looking at The Ladder, if you have 14 points you’re in the 8.
So we only (?) need to string 3 or 4 wins together and suddenly we’re in the 8.
I predict that run to start tonight!