What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Tupou didn't think Anasta...

Fairfax

Juniors
S.S.T.I.D said:
:lol:

How unlike you Bruce to comment on something you know nothing about. We actually got the penalty thanks to a Storm player holding down in the play-the-ball. Try again Mr Lee. :lol:

To be fair, this is from the DT article:-

"It is understood the brawl escalated from some heated words that flew between opposing players after Souths were penalised for a grapple tackle two minutes after halftime. Two players from either side were given their marching orders, with Trotter sent off."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22375032-5006066,00.html

Irrespective of who started it the judiciary found the Souths team were the main transgressors. I've seen the footage and it's nothing to be proud of. Disgraceful.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Fairfax said:
To be fair, this is from the DT article:-

"It is understood the brawl escalated from some heated words that flew between opposing players after Souths were penalised for a grapple tackle two minutes after halftime. Two players from either side were given their marching orders, with Trotter sent off."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22375032-5006066,00.html

Like I said, Brucey trying to stir the pot and failing miserably as usual.

Galeforce

Bench
one point SSTID ,

I know the game is physical. having been a fan for over 40 years and having played it.

Where we differ , is i believe a man who can control himself , is more dangerous and more professional than an overreactive person . The overreactive person can be manipulated very easily by a SMART player. A smart player knows and plays to the rules. That does not mean they are soft.

If there was nothing in it , why do you make such a case for the need to race 30 metres to protect a player , who is just having some meaningless fisticuffs , as you say.

I would be pissing Trotter off , because i am a hard bastard and not a soft one , who is happy to have players in the team who are loose cannons.

We have different priorities, mine are to follow a great south sydney side. not a bunch of loosers. The flegg players are laughing stock and even if they do the impossible and win the first final games , they are cannon fodder for the series. As a hard bastard i am pissed at that.

so you wallow in espousing greatness as a looser. i am not.

ouwet

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
Wake up to yourself. This is rugby league, very occasionally things like this will happen. Was anyone seriously injured? No. Was anyone evern remotely injured? No.

Trotter was helping out his mate Caled Reedy, a winger, who was getting bashed by a prop twice his size. Why do you think he ran over with such urgency? If you think sticking up for a mate in trouble is wrong then, quite frankly, you are a piss weak individual.

This is not Rugby League! This is not the image the Rugby League want or need... South Sydney players in that game were disgraceful!!!! They instigated and went on with it, Fa'alogo was a disgrace a couple of hours later and ALL of them deserve what they got!

For anyone to even try and defend those actions need to wake up! The era of fights being acceptable is over... The sooner people realise it's no longer 1977 and 2007 the better.
Sticking up for your mate and punching someone (Ultimately causing a riot) might be acceptable in Redfern but in the real world it's not... You are more of a Man to let the authorities do their job.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Galeforce said:
one point SSTID ,

I know the game is physical. having been a fan for over 40 years and having played it.

Where we differ , is i believe a man who can control himself , is more dangerous and more professional than an overreactive person . The overreactive person can be manipulated very easily by a SMART player. A smart player knows and plays to the rules. That does not mean they are soft.

If there was nothing in it , why do you make such a case for the need to race 30 metres to protect a player , who is just having some meaningless fisticuffs , as you say.

I would be pissing Trotter off , because i am a hard bastard and not a soft one , who is happy to have players in the team who are loose cannons.

We have different priorities, mine are to follow a great south sydney side. not a bunch of loosers. The flegg players are laughing stock and even if they do the impossible and win the first final games , they are cannon fodder for the series. As a hard bastard i am pissed at that.

so you wallow in espousing greatness as a looser. i am not.

You are a dribbler. Thanks for your time though.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
LebaneseForces said:
This is not Rugby League! This is not the image the Rugby League want or need... South Sydney players in that game were disgraceful!!!! They instigated and went on with it, Fa'alogo was a disgrace a couple of hours later and ALL of them deserve what they got!

For anyone to even try and defend those actions need to wake up! The era of fights being acceptable is over... The sooner people realise it's no longer 1977 and 2007 the better.
Sticking up for your mate and punching someone (Ultimately causing a riot) might be acceptable in Redfern but in the real world it's not... You are more of a Man to let the authorities do their job.

Watch it again, in the context of the brawl the 'authorities' had well and truly lost control. Unless you think standing there and saying 'oi, don't do that', 'Trent, you better stop that', is going to help diffuse the situation. In the real world I'm afraid it won't.

And what I will add is that whilst it looks like Souths started it, the Storm were down 30-6 at the time, were very frustrated and were getting very niggly. It was going to blow up sooner or later, the 'authorities' should of stepped in earlier. If they did it wouldn't of happened.

Galeforce

Bench
SSTId ,
if "you are dribbler" is the best you can come up with , sorry to say you a joke.

and do not thank me for my time , that is dribble at its worse.

please stick your computer up your arse , it will make more sense.

ouwet

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
Watch it again, in the context of the brawl the 'authorities' had well and truly lost control. Unless you think standing there and saying 'oi, don't do that', 'Trent, you better stop that', is going to help diffuse the situation. In the real world I'm afraid it won't.

And what I will add is that whilst it looks like Souths started it, the Storm were down 30-6 at the time, were very frustrated and were getting very niggly. It was going to blow up sooner or later, the 'authorities' should of stepped in earlier. If they did it wouldn't of happened.

Please... The authorities lost control because the thugs (SSFC) ran in from everywhere on that one opposing player, How in your rightful mind can you defend them?

In the end of the day, who lost out? South's... Good luck with 5 or 6 of your players missing, hope the SG Ball boyz can step up.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Galeforce said:
SSTId ,
if "you are dribbler" is the best you can come up with , sorry to say you a joke.

and do not thank me for my time , that is dribble at its worse.

please stick your computer up your arse , it will make more sense.

LMAO. :lol:

OK, I'll give it a try.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
LebaneseForces said:
Please... The authorities lost control because the thugs (SSFC) ran in from everywhere on that one opposing player, How in your rightful mind can you defend them?

In the end of the day, who lost out? South's... Good luck with 5 or 6 of your players missing, hope the SG Ball boyz can step up.

So you don't think the brawl was out of control before that? Wow.

ouwet

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
So you don't think the brawl was out of control before that? Wow.

Have you seen the footage? South Sydney started the fight and YOUR players ran in from everywhere first (And not to stop it)... That how it got out of control!!!

Stop defending them mate... You are making South Sydney look more and more like a club of thugs by doing so (Which they are not)!

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
LebaneseForces said:
Have you seen the footage? South Sydney started the fight and YOUR players ran in from everywhere first (And not to stop it)... That how it got out of control!!!

Stop defending them mate... You are making South Sydney look more and more like a club of thugs by doing so (Which they are not)!

So I represent the entire South Sydney Footbal Club? How can you tell who threw the first punch? One of our lads took umbrage to a bit of verbal and the tackle (for which we were awarded a penalty) and it went from there. Both sides had players streaming in.

I am just defending our halfback who went to the aid of a mate.

Frailty

First Grade
What was for the penalty for? Holding down. How the hell does a fight erupt from that? Verbal occurs in every match, and obviously Souths Juniors couldn't handle it.

You may think Trotter is a hero, but he is a chump. As with the rest of that team. I would say they should not be playing next week, but then again they will lose with 6 of them out.

I am just defending our halfback who went to the aid of a mate.

Well, he didn't aid the rest of his team when he got suspended for the rest of the year did he?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Frailty said:
What was for the penalty for? Holding down. How the hell does a fight erupt from that? Verbal occurs in every match, and obviously Souths Juniors couldn't handle it.

You may think Trotter is a hero, but he is a chump. As with the rest of that team. I would say they should not be playing next week, but then again they will lose with 6 of them out.

Well, he didn't aid the rest of his team when he got suspended for the rest of the year did he?

I've never been involved in a thread (we'll, maybe one) where I have had so many words put into my mouth. Where did I call Trotter a hero? And why have the Storm players been absolved of all reponsibility?

It seems like you are one of the many people that would do nothing if a mate of yours was in a blue. That is fine, we won't agree. But I am not like that.

Frailty

First Grade
Storm players don't hold blame as they pulled players out of the brawl. They did not go to fight, unlike Souths.

And if my mate had been in a blue, the first thing I do is go get them out of that situation, not have a two on one scenario. That is a cat act.

Answer this question, do you condone that actions of Trotter, and believe that he should be seen as a role model to other football players?

NGR

Juniors
Frailty said:

how do you know a storm player didnt make a racial jibe?

Frailty

First Grade
NGR said:

I don't. Now who is putting words into other peoples mouths? Even if he did, all the souths player would have had to do is report it to the referee, and there it will be handled with. Only meatheads respond with fists.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Frailty said:
Storm players don't hold blame as they pulled players out of the brawl. They did not go to fight, unlike Souths.

Unfortunately, seeing as you weren't there, you are talking out of your you know what. Their fullback did get sent off for pulverising our 5/8. They were most certainly not pulling players out of the brawl.

Frailty said:
And if my mate had been in a blue, the first thing I do is go get them out of that situation, not have a two on one scenario. That is a cat act.

If your mate is being hit by a bloke twice his size, no it is not a cat act, particularly when the other chap has plenty of mates around as well. You do what you need to do.

Frailty said:
Answer this question, do you condone that actions of Trotter, and believe that he should be seen as a role model to other football players?

Yes, I do condone the actions of anyone that goes to the aid of a mate in that situation. No, I don't condone the brawl, but it happens from time to time in a game like ours. I don't believe that this incident has tainted Tren't reputuation, so I see no reason why he can't be seen as a role model to other footballers. Mind you, he is an ordinary player at best and will be too old for the NYC so has played his last game for the club.

_STING_

Juniors
NGR said:

Mate don't go there. You don't know either. BUT if he did, he is a dog and the player should have complained to the officials. Many others have. JT would have blown up all those players as it has potentially ended their year. Some of you guys have NFI.

As for all this BS about Toups. For f**ks sake, it's a footy field with professional first grade footballers. It's not a freaken pub.

EDIT: It looks like it's only one major one in this thread that has NFI.

Frailty

First Grade
S.S.T.I.D said:
Unfortunately, seeing as you weren't there, you are talking out of your you know what. Their fullback did get sent off for pulverising our 5/8. They were most certainly not pulling players out of the brawl.

Majority of storm players were. If they weren't then why did Melbourne only have one player suspended?

If your mate is being hit by a bloke twice his size, no it is not a cat act, particularly when the other chap has plenty of mates around as well. You do what you need to do.

If my mate is being hit by someone twice his size, I get him out of there even quicker. And the other chap has mates just standing there really, it doesn't come into consideration. You are right 'you do what you need to do'. Help your mate get out of the situation (getting beaten) that he put himself in.

Yes, I do condone the actions of anyone that goes to the aid of a mate in that situation. No, I don't condone the brawl, but it happens from time to time in a game like ours. I don't believe that this incident has tainted Tren't reputuation, so I see no reason why he can't be seen as a role model to other footballers. Mind you, he is an ordinary player at best and will be too old for the NYC so has played his last game for the club.

You condone unnecessary violence. You believe that this should be idolised in our game and should be used as an example for other players. You are a fool. As mentione much earlier, our game is no longer in the 70s/80s.

As for the officials not having control, what did you want them to do? They can't go in there and physically break up the fight. If it wasn't for the rabble and thug players (predominately souths juniors) the brawl would not have existed. Unfortunately, they mustn't promote brains at Souths.