What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we can't beat the Tigers, what hope are we?

pogo

Juniors
WAKE UP PLEASE!!!!!!!
for christs sake , one game and we played ordinarily and u blokes have spat the dummy!!
80 minutes and they score 2 tries, while our performance was average, surely u could see we were OVER ANXIOUS to score and pushed the pass.
WHY.........all the pressure on these guys to perform.
BE PATIENT
we will deliver, i have faith and a wallet load of tab tickets to support my confidence, please dont drop off yet!!!

Docking

Juniors
pogo said:
WAKE UP PLEASE!!!!!!!
for christs sake , one game and we played ordinarily and u blokes have spat the dummy!!
80 minutes and they score 2 tries, while our performance was average, surely u could see we were OVER ANXIOUS to score and pushed the pass.
WHY.........all the pressure on these guys to perform.
BE PATIENT
we will deliver, i have faith and a wallet load of tab tickets to support my confidence, please dont drop off yet!!!

You could be right, but I doubt it. This was a woeful performance, it will take years to build on that

Generalzod

Immortal
millersnose said:
Generalzod said:
millersnose said:
lomu wasnt the only player to knock on

i thought lomu with his offloads looks like he will be the most creative attacking forward we have

maybe he will be the next nikau

Lomu cost us the game, It was the turning point they scored from that mistake.
No more excuses, who do we blame now Anderson??????????????

lomu apparently

seriously was lomu to blame for the fact our backs couldnt break the line

did he force bailey to hog the ball whenever he got it?

Yeah lomu is to Blame Millernose... When I saw him Knock that ball on especailly so close to our line that we would lose the game.
Who would you blame it on??????

cheese

Bench
I enjoy blaming Bailey for all sorts of random stuff, so i may aswell blame him for this aswell.

..i blame Bailey

Well said Pogo. One bloody loss and the rest of you are writing them off. When and not if, they start winning and beating top teams, I hope that you negative people will admit you're wrong post it here!!

I actually thought that Lomu had a reasonable game and he certainly wasn't the worst forward on the paddock. At least he hit the line hard even if he did drop a couple - at least he was trying something most times. What did Beattie do? A couple of decent runs and two or three hard hits and that was him. Slow onto the ball and slow into the line. Not the Beatts of old. Gallen gave away a stupid penalty and generally lacks penetration. Did you also notice how many penalties Nutley gave away? None that I saw. :clap: :clap: :clap:

tiger_nick

Bench
Ok guys, yes I'm a Tiges fan but Ive always liked the Sharks and work in the Shire so here goes.

I think you can take many positives out of tonight:

* For starters we are known as the March Premiers. We always win Round 1, it dosen't matter who we play.

* We had much better field position, especially in the first half and only scored two tries.

* You have the world's best center to come back.

* Lomu couldnt play any worse

* Keith Galloway is HUGE and only going to get bigger, he should of got more game time!

* You didnt play worse than Parra :lol:

* Plus I don't think you guys payed much respect to the Tigers. We bought very well and kept all our good players from last year. Blokes like Prince, Hodgson, Sattler, Skandalis and Senter are all @ rep standard. Add to that our awesome youngsters like Halatau, Gibbs ,Fitzhenry, Heighington that played tonight (others not playing include MArshall, Farah, LAffranchi, Harrison, Fulton, Collis, Viane). ANd solid first graders like O'Neil, Wilson and Miles nad we have a decent team.

The Sharkies will win their fair share of games this year and don't be surprised if it starts nect week. The dogs have used all their emotion tonigth and cant possibly play that good two weeks in a row.

Docking

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
Ok guys, yes I'm a Tiges fan but Ive always liked the Sharks and work in the Shire so here goes.

I think you can take many positives out of tonight:

* For starters we are known as the March Premiers. We always win Round 1, it dosen't matter who we play.

* We had much better field position, especially in the first half and only scored two tries.

* You have the world's best center to come back.

* Lomu couldnt play any worse

* Keith Galloway is HUGE and only going to get bigger, he should of got more game time!

* You didnt play worse than Parra :lol:

* Plus I don't think you guys payed much respect to the Tigers. We bought very well and kept all our good players from last year. Blokes like Prince, Hodgson, Sattler, Skandalis and Senter are all @ rep standard. Add to that our awesome youngsters like Halatau, Gibbs ,Fitzhenry, Heighington that played tonight (others not playing include MArshall, Farah, LAffranchi, Harrison, Fulton, Collis, Viane). ANd solid first graders like O'Neil, Wilson and Miles nad we have a decent team.

The Sharkies will win their fair share of games this year and don't be surprised if it starts nect week. The dogs have used all their emotion tonigth and cant possibly play that good two weeks in a row.

Appreciate your thoughts, thank you for that.

Unfortunately we are so used to the Sharks performing poorly we recognise when we have a tough season ahead of us.

Anonymous

Juniors
Since 1995 you have missed the playoffs twice. How many tough seasons have you had in RECENT times. Some of you are being a bit spoilt really...

wittyfan

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
Since 1995 you have missed the playoffs twice. How many tough seasons have you had in RECENT times. Some of you are being a bit spoilt really...

Yes, but NO premierships. The Anderson years were awful, and there doesn't appear to be any relief in sight. :(

Generalzod

Immortal
I was amazed at the support the Tigers had from both the Eels fans and the Bulldogs fans at tonites game.
We can't even rent a crowd.............

tiger_nick

Bench
Generalzod said:
I was amazed at the support the Tigers had from both the Eels fans and the Bulldogs fans at tonites game.

Its Australian to support the underdogs, go to any sporting venue and you will see 90% of neutral supporters going for the underdog.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
Generalzod said:
That is for Souths to do anyways........

haha, yeah souths are always renting a crowd...............Guys just on tonights game.........i know you guys played bad and all but its round one of 26, you have a new coach, had ur best player missing , had another in merrit missing.......seriously guys......you'll be there when it counts and thats what matters most, losing one game in march is irrelevant.

Credit to the Tigers. The experience in their side showed. They played the percentages, took the right options, and didn't panic, unlike the Sharks.
Really, with all the posession we gave the Tiges, the score line could have been much bigger against us.

millersnose

Post Whore
i may be wrong but werent the tigers the lowest point scoring side in the nrl the last 2 tears running?