What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we can't beat the Tigers, what hope are we?

All i hear it was Lomu's fault, he dropped the ball, let i give you all some information, the try Senter scored come from peachey marking up and looking back at the defence, everyone knows senter will go from dummy half, when he had turned Senter was in, dont blame 1 guy for a dropped ball that cost us the match, there were a lot worse players then Lomu, lets start.
Peachey he cost us the Tigers 2 tries.
McGoldrick struggles in defence and positioning.
Bird still missing tackles.
Hilder have never seen a lock touch the ball less.
Bosnich has no spark at dummy half,

all those players had worse game, Lomu is a potential game winner for us he will win us more games then lose them

Wobbygong

First Grade
I can't beleive we are playing the Dogs next week, if Parra put 70 on us last time we met, how many will the Dogs put on us?

Could be ugly.

Wobbygong

First Grade
I can't beleive we are playing the Dogs next week, if Parra put 70 on us last time we met, how many will the Dogs put on us?

Could get very ugly.

Houdini

First Grade
OK, so the team played badly and we didn't get a win like everyone hoped and wanted. But lets not turn on the team after one game!
Remember we have a new coach and players need some time to adjust to the new coach. These things take time and we can still hope to see improvement in the team.

Next weeks game doesn't bode well, I don't think anyone expects too much from the Sharks against the Doggies, but then we have manly, souths and cowboys and I'm still confident we can win these games and this will give the team some confidence.

Look at the positives - our discipline improved out of sight, I didn't see a single penalty against Stevens or Nutley.
Sullivan and Bird played beyond most peoples expectations of them and Galloway was impressive.

Hell, Kimmorly even kicked a goal

Nages

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
guys, just remember the tigers starts for the last few seasons, 2 years ago they knocked off the bulldogs and roosters and round 1 and 2, and last year they knocked off the eels or roosters i think in the first 2 rounds.. They always start good.. dont be too upset.

But they didn't start good... they were ordinary. We were just worse.

Nages

Juniors
ali said:
It wasn't the worst performance ever, but it did have a 2003 look to it. Despite what the Bulldogs did later, that was never going to be a game where our attack fired. High humidity always leads to lots of dropped ball. I didn't think either team was terribly convincing Friday night, in similar conditions, and the only team to really fire was the Dogs in their first 40.

Secondly, that field was a shocker. Those of you who weren't there (namely most of the whingers in this thread), probably didn't notice how sandy it was out there. It wasn't set up for free flowing footy between 2 evenly matched teams. Guys would have had some very heavy legs. I still think we are a top 8 side, but I think there needs to be a few changes before Raper finds his best 17.

Our defence looked pretty decent and I too thought Sully and Reick looked good. One run imparticular from Galloway showed he is going to be in firsts all year.

Sorry mate, but you have got to be kidding...

I was there, and I'm not going blame humidity. The Dogs didn't have any problem with it. And although I like Reick a lot - he was clueless in defence. It was a miracle there weren't more points scored down his side in the first half. Get stuck into him, ET!

It's fine to call us whingers, but I'm not going to suffer another year of embarrassing performances in silence. If that's what we've got ahead of us then we should have kept Anderson and all the millions he's going to get out of us in the courts.