What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we dont buy a halfback next year we will not make the 8

trev

Juniors
'What do we do with Campo?'

Well, there are many options that have been thrown around in the past. One option is that he play at Lock. To me, this isn't completely crazy, as we would have Herbert and McCrone in the halves and Campo would have far less pressure as there would be another full-time dedicated playmaker out there.

Another option is to give full responsbility to Herbert as the playmaker and have Campo the second option. I have seen games this year where Herbert has taken charge and the team has responded quite well and been solid in their structure.

To me, it seems the problem is that the instructions as to who will be leading the team around seem to change each week. One week it's Campo, the next week it's Herbert...maybe even both of them. As we saw when Todd Carney was there, both he and Campo were virtually competing for control of the team and conflicted.

As an aside...can't say I was overly impressed with Buttriss at dummy-half, he was just too slow. He came better towards the end of the game though. I honestly thought that Tongue was better in that role.

Anyway, there's some more thoughts.

Boganater

Juniors
It's the coach, we haven't lost too much in the roster from last year. The whole team doesn't know their role in attack or defense.
Neil Henry coached us to play a distinctive style where we actually used to pace of our backs against other teams.
We always kick to the corners which shows a lack of ideas and attacking structure under Furner. I can't see any sort of plan just sh*tty predictable plays.
Does anyone think if we signed Wayne Bennett as coach we would be in the same position?

mongoose

Coach
It is far too easy to shut down the raiders attack this year. Most teams have caught on to it aswell. The Storm and Titans must have been asleep to let us beat them. All the opposition needs to do is rush up in defence and we are screwed. Our play the balls are the slowest in the comp and out dummyhalfs hardly ever run the ball. Campo and Herbert havent learnt what to do when there is no space either.
Furner needs to come up with some new tactics or we will not win a game for the rest of the year.

Latest posts