What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we weren’t f**cked before........

hazzbeen

Bench
People could see past the facade and could see this happening. Actually not even I saw getting belted by Parra and Dogs coming, they exceeded my pessimistic view.

Love it how people still have false hope and like to conjure up some feelings by having a go at realistic supporters.

The proof is with those that have given up.
I put my hand up I seen it coming .....

BLM01

First Grade
Mate people were giving up even we we’re running first.

What do you expect now?
We were giving up to a point when we were running first cause the signs were there of what was unfolding blinkered only by those with their eyes shut including coaching staff,,,and you know what...till now they were right.

Its easy to say now.
Where were these nostradamuses earlier.

Jeff, am afraid many of us were concerned with team selection and use of bench players whilst we were compiling our winning run.

SOO plus mental fatigue = Burnout and self destruction.

We have had our share of bad luck and injuries in the past 10 weeks.

You didn't need to be nostradamus to see this shemozzle coming.

The only guy who didn't see it coming is our water boy/ gym painter and all round back slapping good guy, Mary.

gregstar

Referee
most in here were skeptical.
from memory willow & i were completely skeptical, because we've seen this sh*t before.

we've started well and disintegrated for the last 3 or so seasons.

i for one had absolutely no confidence in jowls as coach based on that fact alone.
we could have an entire state of origin team and still be where we're at now.

the coach is a fraud.

and for the first time i can remember, i actually didn't give a flying f**ck about yesterday's game.
sadly i felt that we don't deserve to be anywhere near the finals because we have been utter f**cking cowards for 14 weeks.

if the new owner doesn't frog march the coaching staff out the front door, then what the f**ck would it take? 7 seasons of puke & people are happy with just limping into the finals virtually by default?

St Georgio

Juniors
The worst commentary of all time is, Great Dane gagging on bulldog hot sausage doggies and sprinkla birbler cheap coffee at ryans house located in cbd,on tri me on nnn nothing radio program!

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I have always been a conspiracy theorist when it comes to the NRL. The Storm have their home final, so too the Chooks and now the Donkeys. I know they can't stage these things but history seems to repeat...

On a serious note, do SGI fans feel that Widdop could come in for Hunt and Mann maintain his spot at 5/8? Hunt has no confidence at all and Mann hasn't been too bad the last few weeks. Widdop may just strengthen the team if he takes on the role of half....just a thought.

Good luck guys because you are going to need it up there.

Gareth67

First Grade
Now fellas let’s stop with all of these negative vibes , after all it just wont help matters one iota ! As our mate Oz Dragon has said - we will have the entire off season to think about what went wrong with the Dragons 2018 premiership chances .

Now let’s look on the bright side , it has been known to flood up there at Lang Park and who knows perhaps the same shall occur this week or perhaps the entire Broncos team may come down with some nasty virus on game day . On the other hand a small earthquake could swallow the entire Lang Park complex ( minus any people of course ) and they will be forced to play elsewhere.

On the other hand the master coach Bennett could lose his ‘ mojo ‘ and the entire bronco team would fall in a heap. And then don’t forget that our big ‘3’ all return from injury this weekend . Heavens above we will be more then an even chance of beating the beggars just as long as we can keep our courage up . You never know in semi final football , perhaps , just perhaps the true Dragons will make an appearance next weekend . :innocent:

Last edited:

OzDragon

Coach
I have always been a conspiracy theorist when it comes to the NRL. The Storm have their home final, so too the Chooks and now the Donkeys. I know they can't stage these things but history seems to repeat...

On a serious note, do SGI fans feel that Widdop could come in for Hunt and Mann maintain his spot at 5/8? Hunt has no confidence at all and Mann hasn't been too bad the last few weeks. Widdop may just strengthen the team if he takes on the role of half....just a thought.

Nah. Mann will slot back into his utility role if Aitken plays or into centre if he doesn’t. Hunt will stay where he is. A game against the broncos might just do Hunt a world of good.

Mickthedragon

Juniors

Thanks mate, yeh we will need all the luck we can get.
There's next to no chance of Hunt being replaced that way, even though he is out of form. Our coach just keeps things the way they are and hopes for miracles. Strangely, it could be Hunts turning point if he can pull off a solid performance and help us get the win. Maybe going up there and facing his demons will help him.
We can only hope so but it's going to be very tough.

blacksafake

First Grade
Win Win for us.

We fluke a win and Broncos out for 2018.

Lose badly puts more pressure to us having a new coach in 2019 !
Well that’s one way of looking at it :grinning:

Seriously though let’s hope Sutton, Klein or Atkins? aren’t the refs because we need everything to go our way

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
No JDB and no Vaughan = No Chance.

Had Host, Lawrie and Leilua played extensive minutes during the season the story may have been different.

Only way we win in Brissy is if Brissy beats itself. Complacency is a bitch sometimes.
I agree we keep banging on about McGrexits poor management of his bench players during this year and others ....in particularly when hes had the perfect opportunity to do so but he still point blank refuses to do so..its a 17 man game you fool.....well now its come back to bite him on the arse in more ways than one.....

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Thanks mate, yeh we will need all the luck we can get.
There's next to no chance of Hunt being replaced that way, even though he is out of form. Our coach just keeps things the way they are and hopes for miracles. Strangely, it could be Hunts turning point if he can pull off a solid performance and help us get the win. Maybe going up there and facing his demons will help him.
We can only hope so but it's going to be very tough.

It has been such a dramatic fall in form for Hunt, he was red hot early this year. As you say he needs to face his demons, if he starts strong you just never know. The Donkeys young forwards have actually taken over from where yours left off. Your forwards we massive early on this year but TPJ and Fifita will be tough to handle.

Latest posts