What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we weren’t f**cked before........

ouryears

Bench
Me when I visit the Dragons Mental Forum...

I am pretty sure everyone here wants us to win.

Since 2012, now that's 7 years including this year, we have been following a team coached by Price and Mary, two of the worst coaches to ever grace our club.

One was sacked, the other hopefully will be.

Yes he got us to the Top 8, but losing something like 8 from the last 10 matches is deplorable and follows on from his laughable attempts in 2016 and 2017.

Not just losing but being smashed 44-2 and 38-0.

The disgrace of Thomos tribute game vs Bulldogs cut deep.

If supporters here weren't negative about our chances they would not be being realistic.

Hope versus thruth is two different things. We can all hope, but the truth is we have no chance in hell of going past week 1.

Nothing, nothing in the past 7 years contradicts this. Evidence points to a 40 point loss.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Widdop will be back for the game.
Unfortunately it looks like he'll be rushed back in, so I wouldn't expect too much. Same goes for any player coming back from injury. I understand he'll need an op in the off-season.

That said, I think we're in with an even chance on Sunday. Broncos were not overly impressive in their win. And while we were still well below par against Newcastle, it was a 10x better compared to the week before. But as Paul Keating once said," the bar is so low...."

I want to go to the game. I'll be ready to wear the bruises if we lose, but happy to dish it out to those inbreds in Brisbane if we win.

possm

Coach
I'd want to play us too. Look at their backs vs ours! What a non-competition.
But Millwood has delivered the team Mary wanted. Although he did predict Field would be at fullback for the 2018 season. Nightingale was given an extension when he should have retired, Aitken and Lafie were extended long term and Latimore was recently given another 1 year term. It seems to me that unlike at other leading Clubs, at SGI you don't have to be a top level first grader to be part of the first grade side. Just easy pickings not a hell of a lot of work involved.

I'd say not much effort or intellectual thinking goes into recruitment or retention at SGI. The latest example would be the loss of Herbert to the Warriors for 2019 and beyond.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
We were giving up to a point when we were running first cause the signs were there of what was unfolding blinkered only by those with their eyes shut including coaching staff,,,and you know what...till now they were right.
It's been the same formula for the past few years, with minor tweaks to the player squad. Including:
  1. Train extra hard during the off-season with little or no work on ball skills or player combinations.
  2. Plan to have the team at peak fitness for round 1.
  3. Have the forwards run hard to full capacity so the backs will have a superior platform to work off.
  4. No rotation and use the 3 forwards off the bench during a game. Only use the utility if there is an injury.
  5. Each week cut and paste team selections unless there is injury or suspension or absence on rep duties - no matter what form the player is in.
  6. Worry about team fatigue, injuries or form later, as long as we make the eight - code for Mary keeping his job.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yet most 'fans' here are hoping we lose so Mary doesn't get any credit, and so they can keep blaming him...

If we win, I'll grab my popcorn and watch the unhinged denials...
This Sunday’s game is terrible for our chances of getting Bennett next year..

We win, gives the club more reason to keep Mary whilst makes it easier for the broncos to retire Bennett..

Broncos win, provides more reason for them to keep Bennett whilst increase our risk of punting Mary..

And forget popcorn, if we win I’ll be grabbing something else

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yet most 'fans' here are hoping we lose so Mary doesn't get any credit, and so they can keep blaming him...

Sorry dont agree with most fans are hoping we lose so Mary doesn't get the credit ....maybe some are, a few if that....the most that you speak of dont want our team to lose but are realistic enough to know Marys capabilities and our teams poor form of late and are quite frankly sick and tired of being placed in this position...I along with many others on here would never wish our team to lose as you state under any circumstances......hopefully some of our predictions will be wrong come 5pm next Sunday....hopefully you will be eating popcorn I hope you are...but word of advice I wouldnt buy to much

Last edited:

ViceVersa, gotta disagree completely with this statement.

Every supporter on this forum wants Saints to win and win well.

Right now confidence in the side and particularly in Mary stands at a new self induced low.

If the team does win, it will be despite Mary, rather than as a result of anything Mary does to prepare the team.

For us to win, several of the younger forwards will need to have blinders and the spine will need to play the game of their lives.

Fire up boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you pull off a miracle win we will be talking about it for a decade.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Unfortunately it looks like he'll be rushed back in, so I wouldn't expect too much. Same goes for any player coming back from injury. I understand he'll need an op in the off-season.

That said, I think we're in with an even chance on Sunday. Broncos were not overly impressive in their win. And while we were still well below par against Newcastle, it was a 10x better compared to the week before. But as Paul Keating once said," the bar is so low...."

I want to go to the game. I'll be ready to wear the bruises if we lose, but happy to dish it out to those inbreds in Brisbane if we win.
There will be a few of us to help you out willow. Heaps of dragons fans around here. I’ll be the ultimate bad sport to the wankers if we get this one.

This Year?

Immortal
Now Sydney fans can't even watch their team Dragons play live in a final.

The ultimate insult
I see it as a blessing in disguise. The ultimate insult will be walking out of suncorp on Sunday afternoon after being embarrassed yet again by our side. You would have to be brave to go and watch that rabble live after what they did almost 2 weeks ago.

My man Gasnier

Juniors
In 2015 we limped in to the finals and went down swinging with a golden point loss. The entire team then, including the coach, were less experienced and skilful, yet we still put a really good fight. Win or lose, it is the very least we can expect and we deserve as fans.

Lover of mediocrity, you show no passion for real success. You actually make me sick.

Straight Shooter

giboz71

First Grade
Plenty of time to dissect this team in the offseason. In the meantime, get behind them.

Exactly.

It’s Monday, 6 days before the game and people have already packed it in?

We won 1 less game than the minor premiers. We beat these pricks easily in Round 1. We can do this.

Broncos were gifted 4 games by dodgy refs. They have no recognised half and I think they are overrated.

How about let’s all fire up and support our team instead of just giving up?

Crush

Coach
Exactly.

It’s Monday, 6 days before the game and people have already packed it in?

We won 1 less game than the minor premiers. We beat these pricks easily in Round 1. We can do this.

Broncos were gifted 4 games by dodgy refs. They have no recognised half and I think they are overrated.

How about let’s all fire up and support our team instead of just giving up?
Mate, you know I am generally positive and Ill be cheering the lads on this weekend but you really think broncos are overrated? They are light years ahead of us currently.
Round 1 was a looooong time ago and now, at the business end of the season, they look hot and we look like shiiiiiiiiite.
Sorry man, no chance.

giboz71

First Grade
Mate, you know I am generally positive and Ill be cheering the lads on this weekend but you really think broncos are overrated? They are light years ahead of us currently.
Round 1 was a looooong time ago and now, at the business end of the season, they look hot and we look like shiiiiiiiiite.
Sorry man, no chance.

We’re long odds I agree.

Just have a feeling the boys might do something special on Sunday.

And the Broncos had a number of poor losses this year, namely the Cows and the Dogs. Manly earlier in the season as well.

Sure they’ve been hot lately, but they are due one of their bad games.

I’m still hopeful.