What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If ya can't beat 'em....?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
slippery eel said:
About time this topic was mentioned!. Ppl at my work have said that Parra are chokers and my response is that we have never cheated the cap. Its the most talked about thing in league these days. Look at Melbourne 99, Brisbane 00, Newcastle 01, Roosters 02. All clubs were fined at the start of the year for being over the cap!. Parra havent been over the cap since 93 & 94 when they were hopeless!. I think you'll find that the Roosters of 02 & 03 are way over than ppl really think.

Also the Broncos of 92 & 93 were over. Manly in the mid 90's were finding loopholes by giving their players houses and cars which weren't included as salary to players. Its been going on for the past 10 years more so than ppl think.

Look at the Roosters - Walker for $40,000!. ppfftt.

Cheating is part of the game usually done by scum bag clubs who have won premierships. Parra obided by the rules by letting Dymock and Smith go at the end of 2000.

Parra havent been over the cap since 93 & 94 when they were hopeless!.

Dude i think you meant 91!!,

This was the year we came 15th and the reason why we where over was that we placed to much emphasis on keeping our 88 presidents cup side eg David Woods, Jason Bell etc

Didn't Parra get into trouble in 99 for undisclosed payments to Dallas Weston's wife???

sportive cupid

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
El Duque said:
Ron Jeremy said:
Didn't Parra get into trouble in 99 for undisclosed payments to Dallas Weston's wife???

For waxing players' legs I think it was :lol:

Your kidding :lol: :lol: :lol:
El Duque after reading your post I was lost in thought(and believe me that's unfamiliar territory :roll: )
For mine it brings up the higher order debates of if the ends justifies the means and does cheating require that you KNOW that it is cheating?(ie intent )
If the Parramatta Team didnt think that paying a wife to wax the players legs is cheating then is it still cheating?
Just a thought

PB

Bench
Haynzy said:
Are we implying here that only cheats win ?

Are Penrith under suspicion of cheating to win this year.

Actually yes!

They tried to rort the cap with a superanuation scheme last year and as a result they will have a decreased salary cap of $100,000 next year and $150,000 in 2005.

Manly in the mid 90's were finding loopholes by giving their players houses and cars which weren't included as salary to players.

Manly's loop hole was courtesy of one name.... Ken Arthurson.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Personally, even if we cannot ever win without cheating, I wouldn't mind.

I am sick of being the bridesmaid supporter, don't get me wrong. But cheating takes away form that.

I would LOVE to win it one day WITHOUT cheating and spit in every cheating scum's face (not literally, of course).

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Eelementary said:
Personally, even if we cannot ever win without cheating, I wouldn't mind.

I am sick of being the bridesmaid supporter, don't get me wrong. But cheating takes away form that.

I would LOVE to win it one day WITHOUT cheating and spit in every cheating scum's face (not literally, of course).

What no one know's won't hurt them :D

I understand the morale stance people are taking in regards to cheating & it's a very good deed :)

Y2Eel

First Grade
Winners Never cheat and Cheaters never Prosper...

I'd hate to be in a winning GF team and to find out the only reason we won is cos we cheated what a way to ruin the best experience in footy.... :evil:

Let em do it the right way...

noosa-eel

Juniors
I would rather win the GF on honesty and hard work than to win it by cheating.
As another person has already said cheaters never prosper..just look at the dogs this year lots of people were predicting they would win the comp tfter the salary cap debarcle and where did they finish... [-X

Actually what Parra did in regards to Weston was totally legit, except for one thing - they didn't tell the NRL> Weston's wife is a professional beautician and more than able to fill the position. She was payed money to do a very important thing - remove hair from the bodies of players so that strapping did not cause discomfort. They paid her, I eblieve, $50k per year, which is not that bad considering the Panthers' strapping bill was over $100k in 2001.

If Parra had have told the NRL what was going on then they would have been fine, but when they went to the NRL with open books the NRL slapped them with a technical fine for not previously disclosing the information. It was an open and shut case that Parra have learnt from.

We did not cheat, but we did stuff up.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I still shudder - $50k to wax the legs of 25 people? Even in Greece that would be bloody lucerative!

I must, of course, remind all the 'if Parra ever cheated at all I would refuse to support them" that we broke the salary cap to come 15th in the early 1990's, and Fitzgerald stayed on.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
I still shudder - $50k to wax the legs of 25 people? Even in Greece that would be bloody lucerative!

I must, of course, remind all the 'if Parra ever cheated at all I would refuse to support them" that we broke the salary cap to come 15th in the early 1990's, and Fitzgerald stayed on.

we broke the cap with those lot of players that were running around in the early 90's?? HOW :lol:

bartman

Immortal
Misty Bee said:

But as MC said on the previous page, it all comes back to intent. A minor infringement of the cap unknowingly or through ignorance in its early days is a lot different to orchestrated cheating with the aim of winning a comp (a la Bulldoggies).

I believed the original question posed was should we (intentionally) join "them" in cheating the system, and I still say no we shouldn't. It's just bad karma dudes...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
Actually what Parra did in regards to Weston was totally legit, except for one thing - they didn't tell the NRL> Weston's wife is a professional beautician and more than able to fill the position. She was payed money to do a very important thing - remove hair from the bodies of players so that strapping did not cause discomfort. They paid her, I eblieve, $50k per year, which is not that bad considering the Panthers' strapping bill was over $100k in 2001.

If Parra had have told the NRL what was going on then they would have been fine, but when they went to the NRL with open books the NRL slapped them with a technical fine for not previously disclosing the information. It was an open and shut case that Parra have learnt from.

Weston's wife is a professional beautician and more than able to fill the position. She was payed money to do a very important thing - remove hair from the bodies of players so that strapping did not cause discomfort.

I'd just rather rip the strapping off instead of being waxed....dammed if you do & dammed if you don't in this scenario.

sportive cupid

Referee
Hollywood Jesus said:

I'm puzzled HJ. :? You say that what Parra did in this instance was legit except that they didnt tell the NRL. :oops: Well if it was legit,why did they have to disclose the info?
Just a silly womans dilema :roll:

sportive cupid

Referee
Ohh and by the way $50k to remove hair from the bodies of grown men is doing alright. Not sure there are many other beauticians getting the same pay :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

thedux

Juniors
I'm surprised that no-one on this thread thinks that we have the side -on paper- to win the comp without all that other crap. C'mon people have some faith in the boys that we have. Surely our luck is about to change!!!!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Cheating and winning definitely beats not cheating and losing. Although not cheating and winning is even better. Lets cheat and win.

Latest posts